Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

I think there's a reasonably high chance we won't make any transfers at all in January, in or out.

I feel this way at the moment as well. The way we seem to be fighting to keep shola here during the january period suggests that we aren't making a forward signing this window at least.

With Marveaux's emergence I could handle not getting an attacking player in. That obviously changes if Ba goes. Would love to see reinforcements at the back though, would make the side so much better.

Aye. Marv has given me a bit more confidence to handle Ba's possible departure. It might even prove beneficial to press 4-3-3 imo. The only worry for me would be a reliable source of goals if Cisse gets a knock. Should be a young player ideally; if only Campbell were more experienced he'd be perfect.

I just want Wilo out of the team. Finished product with parts all pieced up in the wrong place. CB is a greater priority over RB imo. Both don't have the quality, but at least the full back positions have quantity.

dutch and french leagues have shut down till january so there is no reason, if debuchy, remy and douglas are still targets, we couldn't be signing deals now. we don't have to wait till january to purchase, only to register.

dutch and french leagues have shut down till january so there is no reason, if debuchy, remy and douglas are still targets, we couldn't be signing deals now. we don't have to wait till january to purchase, only to register.

Would be brilliant to have a couple of deals done before the window opens. But we will wait till the end of the month before getting serious, the board will see if our current squad can turn it round once the fixtures get a little easier.

It's a pity our foreign imports sometimes take a while to bed in because we need them now and have needed them all season.

It's a pity our foreign imports sometimes take a while to bed in because we need them now and have needed them all season.

Cisse didn't hang about, tbf.

Cisse didn't hang about, tbf.

That's why I said sometimes, we've probably have had more that did need time recently than those who didn't.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(;))

I'd be 100% fine with no outgoings, and CB & RB in. I'm not worried about the Ba situation until he's out the door and we haven't signed anyone to replace him come Feb 1. :lol: sadly, we all know that has a high probability of happening.

A CB, RB and a CF should be the bare minimum considering they've had since May to identify targets and begin preliminary negotiations. That's what the squad needed at the end of last season and even moreso now.

Won't happen though.

Guest Brazilianbob

Can't see us signning a right back unless Simpson leaves in Jan.  As for CB, Taylor is supposed to be only 4 weeks away from fitness so they will muddle through with what we have rather than sign Douglas, especially when he will be free in the summer.

A CB, RB and a CF should be the bare minimum considering they've had since May to identify targets and begin preliminary negotiations. That's what the squad needed at the end of last season and even moreso now.

Won't happen though.

Yeah you'd have to hope that the players they were looking at in the summer they're going back in for or have other targets. I think it's ingrained in me that we won't sign anyone though. Hoping for a Cisse-esque surprise like last jan but I'm not getting my hopes up at all.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4716764/Man-City-to-offload-out-of-favour-Joleon-Lescott-for-8million.html

So whaddya reckon? Lose the next three games, or an injury to Colo/Williamson, and I could see you making that call. You'd need to negotiate the fee down to allow you to give him a lump sum to offset the drop in wages, but Man City have previous for that.

Can see him going to QPR or Stoke or something.

It's situations like this where instead of dropping to a mid-level English club to finish his career, he'd be better off having the bravery to try a different country. Alas it rarely happens with English players though.