Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Holtby would be f*cking class if we are looking for a more attacking CM but i get the feeling he will either renew his contract at Schalke or go to a massive club in the CL.

Honda would be class as well i don't really understand why he's still in Russia mind you i could say the same for Dzageov and others

Russian clubs are under no financial pressure to sell so you have to pay market value from what is still regarded by some as a poorer league. Plus with Dzageov, Russians aren't the best travellers.

Anita isn't up to it physically for the DM position and Bigi is still too young and learning. If we got rid of Tiote then we would need another DM.

Again we read this tripe, it don't matter for shit most of the DM's in this league are tiny..... it's about positional sense and footballing brain more than physicality.

Man Utd seem fine with Carrick, City seem fine with Barry, Liverpool with Lucas/Allen, Everton with Neville, Arsenal with Arteta etc etc.

The fact everyone needs to be built like a brick house is a myth.

Anita isn't up to it physically for the DM position and Bigi is still too young and learning. If we got rid of Tiote then we would need another DM.

His ability to help the team defensively is not based on physical strength and aggression, but in his ability to retain possession. We would not require another DM.

Again we read this tripe, it don't matter for s*** most of the DM's in this league are tiny..... it's about positional sense and footballing brain more than physicality.

Man Utd seem fine with Carrick, City seem fine with Barry, Liverpool with Lucas/Allen, Everton with Neville, Arsenal with Arteta etc etc.

Anyone who's seen Tiote up close knows that he's not a big guy by anyone's definition. He's actually quite small.

Again we read this tripe, it don't matter for s*** most of the DM's in this league are tiny..... it's about positional sense and footballing brain more than physicality.

Anyone who's seen Tiote up close knows that he's not a big guy by anyone's definition. He's actually quite small.

Agree, but he is hard as nails.

Anita need to show that he is strong enough, so he will not be pushed around.

Actual size have not much to say, but strength,balance, tackling and reading of the game is important. Not seen enough to judge him on that yet.

He's built like a tank though. And by no stretch of the imagination can 5'11" be considered "small."

Wasn't talking about height i was talking about physical build, while it's true Anita is quite small as far as physique goes there's many examples in this league of DM's who are small physically but seem to get on just fine.....

I never said anything about his height. Every time he makes a challenge he gets out muscled, he even gets out muscled on the ball, he's not up to the DM position, RB maybe in time once he's given time to settle, in midfield though he's not up to it.

He's built like a tank though. And by no stretch of the imagination can 5'11" be considered "small."

He looked tiny when i saw him against Brugge, didn't look 5'11" tbh!

I never said anything about his height. Every time he makes a challenge he gets out muscled, he even gets out muscled on the ball, he's not up to the DM position, RB maybe in time once he's given time to settle, in midfield though he's not up to it.

I agree with this. At this point in his PL career, he's not got the positional awareness and touch to overcome his lack of size. PL is a much more physical league than the Eredivisie. He's a RB for now, until he grasps the nature of playing midfield in the PL.

I agree with this. At this point in his PL career, he's not got the positional awareness and touch to overcome his lack of size. PL is a much more physical league than the Eredivisie. He's a RB for now, until he grasps the nature of playing midfield in the PL.

For me the bigger issue is that he is a completely defensive player and he has trouble getting box to box. I don't know if this is something to do with his physique or just a mental state of mind, but when you see bigger players like Tiote and Ramirez for Chelsea, they seem to stride across the pitch with ease and it makes a big difference to the dynamics of the midfield.

He looked tiny when i saw him against Brugge, didn't look 5'11" tbh!

all of which gets away from moles point which was spot on.

Even if Anita lacks physicality the name that's coming up atm is Sissoko, who despite playing slightly further forward than Tiote is an absolute monster of a man so if we are worried about physicality without Tiote surely signing someone like that would end those concerns?

Let's say we go from Tiote-Jonas-Cabaye to Anita-Sissoko-Cabaye are we really losing any physicality?

All hypothetical of course.

Even if Anita lacks physicality the name that's coming up atm is Sissoko, who despite playing slightly further forward than Tiote is an absolute monster of a man so if we are worried about physicality without Tiote surely signing someone like that would end those concerns?

Let's say we go from Tiote-Jonas-Cabaye to Anita-Sissoko-Cabaye are we really losing any physicality?

Not really. Even though it'd likely be one or the other, the thought of having Tiote and Sissoko together in a line-up is frightening.

Not really. Even though it'd likely be one or the other, the thought of having Tiote and Sissoko together in a line-up is frightening.

Aye i agree i just get the feeling that if he comes in, then we will lose one of our first choice midfielders because of the amount of midfielders we have already.

I don't think we will add another first team midfielder without one leaving, while he does offer something different to the rest it just seems to be how we work.

He's neither of those things, though.

Nice of you to get personal. Personally, I've seen Tiote away from SJP a couple of times and he's neither 5'11" or 'built like a tank', nor does he appear so on internet streams.

Mole's right. You don't have to have size to be a effective DM in this division and there's a lot of evidence of that - Makelele and an older Roy Keane are probably the best in that position I can think of right now. I thought Tiote would be a pretty straightforward example of that as a current NUFC player, obviously I was wrong.

Nice of you to get personal. Personally, I've seen Tiote away from SJP a couple of times and he's neither 5'11" or 'built like a tank', nor does he appear so on internet streams.

Mole's right. You don't have to have size to be a effective DM in this division and there's a lot of evidence of that - Makelele and an older Roy Keane are probably the best in that position I can think of right now. I thought Tiote would be a pretty straightforward example of that as a current NUFC player, obviously I was wrong.

Don't get steamed, your posts are frequently argumentative (and sometimes patronizing). It doesn't take much stretch of the imagination to assume you're just taking the piss.

NUFC.com has him listed at 5'11", 86 kilos. That would have him heavier than average for his height and make him appear shorter than if he were a beanpole. "Built like a tank" may be hyperbolic, but you really can't deny that he's fairly stocky. Especially compared to most footballers.