Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Anyone think he would have saved us from relegation?

No player would've saved us, or at least gained more points for us, had they been in the team. Especially given the way McClaren had us playing post-West Brom, funnily enough.

Guest chopey

Nah. See the state of him when he rocked up at SJP?

I think Buffon, Terry and Kompany might have saved us but not him

• 3 weeks later...

Mourinho's apparently told Borthwick-Jackson and Fosu-Mensah amongst others to find a new club. Would definitely take the two of them, especially Fosu-Mensah.

Mourinho's apparently told Borthwick-Jackson and Fosu-Mensah amongst others to find a new club. Would definitely take the two of them, especially Fosu-Mensah.

Classic double named players. Want them both just for that.

Rumours that Abel Hernandez could be on his way out of Hull and apparently has a €12million buy out clause.

Might not want to drop down a league like Diame did like.

I say get him and Knockaert (even though I've never seen this guy) and that's PL promotion settled.

Guest ElCid

Really uncomfortable with our central midfielders. We've got loads but there is only Anita, Hayden and Diame that I rate or have any confidence in.

Not as a central midfielder I don't did ok at full back but has always been bossed in midfield

Yes. Even against top opposition he has done well. Him doing bad there more often than not might have been his fault, or the team and management all over the place, or bad confidence. Probably a combination of all those things.

I'm not worried about CM, like. Joey Barton played CM in the team that bossed the league last year. As long as we're a functioning unit, we've probably got more than enough quality in that position to influence games from the middle. If there's anywhere I'm nervous about it's the lack of depth on the wings.

Yes. Even against top opposition he has done well. Him doing bad there more often than not might have been his fault, or the team and management all over the place, or bad confidence. Probably a combination of all those things.

Or he's not a very good midfielder, which is more likely

Guest ElCid

Didn't see him often play well against any opposition in midfield to be honest - you're obviously entitled to your view though. Not a big fan as you may tell though as I said he did an ok job at full back.

• 2 weeks later...

What about James Ward-Prowse? Would take big money but he seems to have found himself as 4th choice for his position so looks to have stagnated a little.

Would take big money but we have raked in big money for transfers and we could build our midfield around him.