Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Not January put Origi reckons he'll leave Liverpool. He's a bit erratic infront of goal but I think he'd be a good signing.

I'd take him as he he has potential, but imo he's only slightly better than what we have in Mitrovic and Gayle from what I've seen. That said I think he's a bit more of an all round player rather than just being a link up man/poacher.

Talking to a Leeds fan at football tonight and he reckons we’ve been sniffing around Samuel Saiz. He’d be a great signing if true

Looked really good in the few games I've seen of Leeds. Hope he doesn't turn out how Jota has

Lewis Holtby (again) being touted in The Chronicle

Isn't he out of contact in the summer? Makes sense for Ashley if so.

Aye seems that's purely what the speculation's based on tbh.

Linked in the summer weren't we, cut price deal with a year left etc.

Yup

13:05CRAIG JOHNS

Summer target to leave on a free?

Newcastle United were linked with former Tottenham midfielder Lewis Holtby in the summer, with Rafa reportedly keen on the attacking midfielder.

Nothing materialised then, even though current club HSV were happy to let him leave.

And since then his situation in Germany has got worse, with the midfielder often on then bench and quite often left out of the squad altogether.

As such, according to reputable German newspaper Bild, contract negotiations with Holtby and HSV have broken down and won’t resume, maening he will leave on a free next summer if they can’t sell him for a fee in January.

If Rafa remains keen, he will be able to either negotiate a cut-price deal with HSV or open negotiations with the player in January to sign a pre-contract agreement to then move for nothing in the summer.

If Newcastle’s interest is genuine, this is a deal that they certainly hold the power in.

What kind of player is he?

Number 10, playmaker. Doesn’t have that many goals though. Seemed a decent prospect a few years ago, we were linked with him when he went to Spurs, I was disappointed that we missed out on him. Probably not good enough for a team going for the European places, but better than anything we have now.

We should be in for Walcott maybe for a loan deal. Could use some pace and PL experience and he's getting no playing time with a World Cup coming up. Was surprised to see he scored 19 goals last season so he's far from finished, also pretty bizarre to think he's only a year older than Joselu.

Guest hydeous

Not a fan of Holtby, having watched him for HSV a few times. Goes missing in games, little end product. Has some 10 or 12 assists over the last 4 years with HSV. Not sure he'd even be an upgrade on Perez, really.