Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Apparently Samir Nasri has had his contract terminated by his club Antalyaspor.

He's an 'orrible c*nt, but for nowt, would anyone have him here?

Beggars/choosers and all that?

Yes. He's a massive twat but a talented one

Apparently Samir Nasri has had his contract terminated by his club Antalyaspor.

He's an 'orrible c*nt, but for nowt, would anyone have him here?

Beggars/choosers and all that?

Yes. He's a massive t*** but a talented one

Rather go for Ben Arfa.  Or why not both  ...  :)

Interestingly, less than 24 hours after the transfer window had closed, Newcastle’s head of recruitment Steve Nickson and the rest of his scouting team had already started analysing potential summer targets.

United’s recruitment team are reviewing the players who they have been scouting across Europe and looking at areas where Newcastle can strengthen in the summer, something which suggests Benitez is still planning for the long term at St James’ Park.

“On Thursday, when I was talking with Steve Nickson and the scouting team have been working so hard for all these months,” Benitez said of Newcastle’s potential summer business.

“I said: ‘Listen, take some holidays.’ But some of them are already just analysing for the summer.

“We are doing a review now of the players that we were following, how they were doing, and all these things. But they are doing that already.”

:yao:

Interestingly, less than 24 hours after the transfer window had closed, Newcastle’s head of recruitment Steve Nickson and the rest of his scouting team had already started analysing potential summer targets.

United’s recruitment team are reviewing the players who they have been scouting across Europe and looking at areas where Newcastle can strengthen in the summer, something which suggests Benitez is still planning for the long term at St James’ Park.

“On Thursday, when I was talking with Steve Nickson and the scouting team have been working so hard for all these months,” Benitez said of Newcastle’s potential summer business.

“I said: ‘Listen, take some holidays.’ But some of them are already just analysing for the summer.

“We are doing a review now of the players that we were following, how they were doing, and all these things. But they are doing that already.”

Might as well all have a permanent holiday if Ashley is still here in the summer

Guest firetotheworks

Might as well all have a permanent holiday if Ashley is still here in the summer

Got that scouting list for you, Lee.

giphy.gif

The strategy of buying cheap and selling high no longer works because no one is cheap anymore. To Ashley anyway. £14m gets Locadia, £19m for Carillo. That doesn't even get Jorgensen.

I could see this loan method being Ashley's 'thing' until it's sold. Spend a few million each for some decent loan players. Kenedy & Slimani would have easily cost £30m minimum to buy outright.

The strategy of buying cheap and selling high no longer works because no one is cheap anymore. To Ashley anyway. £14m gets Locadia, £19m for Carillo. That doesn't even get Jorgensen.

I could see this loan method being Ashley's 'thing' until it's sold. Spend a few million each for some decent loan players. Kenedy & Slimani would have easily cost £30m minimum to buy outright.

As we've seen with the mackems though, it's not enough on its own. Not that he'll understand that.

You'd need to loan plus sign some ooc types, plus pick up the odd Merino bargain for it to work. Plus as we've seen with Slimani you never get the player you need when you need them :/

• 1 month later...

Salmon Rondon please

No thanks imo! Unless you mean as a squad player.

He's an upgrade on Joselu imo. Done alright recently despite playing for The King. Thought he'd scored more tbh, but seem to remember hitting the woodwork a couple of times too. Realistic signing, rather than ideal.

Salmon Rondon please

No thanks imo! Unless you mean as a squad player.

He's an upgrade on Joselu imo. Done alright recently despite playing for The King. Thought he'd scored more tbh, but seem to remember hitting the woodwork a couple of times too. Realistic signing, rather than ideal.

Fair enough mate :)