Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Read that Boro would be looking for no less than £20 million for him.  Guess that’s what a relegated defender whose team failed to gain promotion goes for these days

Guest homersthirdnipple

Got a Smoggie mate who knows him personally, gets tickets off him etc and he says that Gibson says he rather chop his leg off than play for the Toon, bit short sighted in my opinion but if he lacks ambition......................

Going back to page 250, but I'd take a punt and buy Tammy Abraham, not loan him.

(as one striker of course, not the only one we bet the season on)

Yeah, I know he hasn't scored enough goals at Swansea, but he does look quite similar to Slimani in that he is big and mobile. Maybe not as good in the air, but you could really see him fitting into the Rafa system as the lone striker.

Got a Smoggie mate who knows him personally, gets tickets off him etc and he says that Gibson says he rather chop his leg off than play for the Toon, bit short sighted in my opinion but if he lacks ambition......................

If that is true I hope he declines our offer should we get a bid accepted and offer him wages much higher than he is on now. Bit of a shame that it is Newcastle he has something against, but I like the idea of players with integrity to follow something other than their bank account in this day and age.

Swap deal - Mitro for Cairney?

Why? He’s a replica of Shelvey with same weaknesses.

Yeah that would be a huge gamble of a deal, remeber Cairney has not played at the PL level. They could use him to sweeten the pot a little, but there would be money coming our way too in that kind of deal. Goal scorers always coming at a premium, and remember Cairney is 5 or so years older than Mitro too, with no PL experience.

Sessegnon is the one I would be pulling the stops out for but unlikely we could get him. I would go after his brother too.

Guest chopey

I'm training a bloke at the minute that used to be a professional footballer and he says that from a very young age footballers are told follow the money no matter what. Occasionally a player will go for love but the vast majority follow the cash, if a good offer was made Gibson would come here.

Rashford is the most exciting prospect Man Utd have had in years. He's not coming.

Oh and yeah I bet Gibson is very excited to come here and pick up where Mbemba/Clark left off. To sit on the bench. I'm also absolutely positive Ashley (or Staveley for that matter) will be willing to spend 20 odd million on a back up centre back.

This thread sometimes...

Rashford is the most exciting prospect Man Utd have had in years. He's not coming.

Oh and yeah I bet Gibson is very excited to come here and pick up where Mbemba/Clark left off. To sit on the bench. I'm also absolutely positive Ashley (or Staveley for that matter) will be willing to spend 20 odd million on a back up centre back.

This thread sometimes...

Yeah, because I'm sure he realises that competition for places doesn't exist in football.

Gibson would be a good replacement for mbemba or possibly Clark, but don't think he's good enough to be in out starting line up.

Rather we went for Mawson, could be a long lasting partnership with JL.