Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

There's a reason why he went from QPR to West Brom and is now being linked with Boro. Would rather stick with Atsu and Murphy as backups to be honest.

Phillips seems a far more direct, powerful threat than those two to me though. I'd be much more confident of him coming on and causing problems with his strength and pace than I would Atsu & Murphy (not that either of them have done anything particularly wrong, they sometimes just go way under the radar having a few too many quite/invisible games for my liking).

Watched the highlights of the U21 games, to see how our boys looked. Armstrong really is looking sharp, he took his goal very well and had a number of other efforts that but for great saves from the keeper would have be fine goals. He's also adding a lot in the link up play with a few assits. I think he may be a good alternate to Perez, if we don't invest in that position next year. Anyway, point of this post was to say how much Abraham stands out, he's like a man amongst boys there, he's massive and has been a real presence, understand why Rafa wanted him last year. Think we should throw in a big bid for him, see if they bite, don't mind inserting a buy back clause (as long as it's 50 million plus or something), if it will get the deal done. Think Chelsea could be open to it, since he really didn't shine at Swansea, under Rafa he could bloom.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching Colombia vs Poland now.

Very impressed with Johan Mojica, the Colombian leftback, no17.

Plays for Rayo Vallecano but has been on loan at Girona this season.

Also no.20 Quintero from Porto would be a good buy, but maybe too expensive. A perfect no.10 for us!

Heard he loves those big Sports Direct mugs so we'll be reet. Hurr hurr.

He'll undoubtedly be on good money, but probably recognises his current stock isn't massively high due to his injury record and by all accounts is a very sound bloke.

Would hope we'd be in the mix if we were interested in him, as the likes of Everton probably aren't a viable option and Leicester likely have no need.

Didnt Charley Musonda have great spells in Spain with Real Betis ? Unsure how well he did while up at Celtic.

He can play right accross the midfield, and im sure he was a 10 or CAM at Betis. Would be a decent shout along with Kenedy and RLC.