Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

If we stay up and Benitez stays I think we should try and sign Ademola Lookman from Everton. He did well on loan at Leipzig last season, but not being play much this season at Everton.

Silva seems to have brought him into the fold much more over the last few months and he's starting to look like a key squad member.

He'd be a very interesting shout if available though.....

Thats a shame I think he would be a good replacement for Kenedy, Murphy or even a long term replacement for Ritchie in the summer.

Yeah - he's started ahead of Walcott a few times over Xmas/Jan I believe.

I think he'll end up playing more central personally, not on the wing.

Alfredo Morelos? Know his temprement is a problem and we don't need that after Mitro but he's got a good ratio. Dembele's doing ok in France so Morelos could make the step up. Again, his disclipline is quite shocking but think he can be purchased for pretty cheap.

I would stay away from most strikers in the SPL to be honest.

If we won't sign Rondon in the summer then maybe spend big again on someone like Sebastien Haller. He has 14 goals and 11 assists this season. We were linked with him last summer.

• 1 month later...

Out:

Joselu

Colback

Saivet

Hayden

Diame

Gayle

Priorities for summer:

1. New contract for Benitez

2. New right wing back

3. New left wing back

4. Sign Rondon permanently (if WBA doesn't get promoted)

5. New experienced CM to partner Longstaff

6. New young CM to challenge/compete and cover together with Shelvey

7. New young striker to challenge and cover for Rondon

Doubt we'll be able to get any offers for anyone other than Hayden and Gayle which means most of the players will be retained which means new signings won't get sanctioned which means Rafa doesn't sign a new contract and we're fucked next season and will be primed to lose the tyne-wear derby in the championship 2021.

Still, the above is what I would realistically hope/expect under any non-suger daddy ran PL club.

• 3 weeks later...

Muto absolutely needs binning. Hopefully his stock is still relatively high in Germany and someone comes in and takes him off our hands. He's in the Murphy category of having absolutely nowhere near the amount of physical presence to do anything useful in this league. Can't understand why we took that punt, especially when you consider how it went with Murphy.

Solly March, whether they stay up or not, we should be able to tempt him to come play for a better team.

straight swap for hayden if he has to leave maybe, something like that...i've liked March since seeing him in the champo, be a massive upgrade on kennedy

why the fuck hughton isn't starting him i've no idea