Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Solly March, whether they stay up or not, we should be able to tempt him to come play for a better team.

straight swap for hayden if he has to leave maybe, something like that...i've liked March since seeing him in the champo, be a massive upgrade on kennedy

why the fuck hughton isn't starting him i've no idea

Exactly, the fact he doesn't start for Brighton surely means we would be an attractive option for him. Still only 24.

Muto absolutely needs binning. Hopefully his stock is still relatively high in Germany and someone comes in and takes him off our hands. He's in the Murphy category of having absolutely nowhere near the amount of physical presence to do anything useful in this league. Can't understand why we took that punt, especially when you consider how it went with Murphy.

Strikes me as one of those Ashley punts based on age and contract situation. I'd be surprised if Rafa was pushing for it.

Gary Cahill ? Just mentioned on Sunday Supplement he's leaving Chelsea.

:scared:

3 realistic targets I'd like to see are Salomon Rondon, Solly March & Joe Bryan. Tons of potential in the latter two for Rafa to work with, and both seem like decent, hardworking characters.

Pretty sure Shelvey and Hayden (plus Diame) will go - with the money we receive for both we should be able to get 2 really decent midfielders (would love to get Nandez)

Rondón obviously

Should be persist with 3-4-3/5-2-3 then the priorities are obvious

1 RWB

1 LWB

an alternative to Almiron/Pérez

1 CF

Would love to get 1 out and out winger but that could stretch the budget

Players to retain

Dubravka, Darlow (Woodmam or promote someone) (3)

Manquillo - Schar - Lascelles - Lejuene - Dummet - Fernández - Ritchie (7)

BIN - Lazaar - Clark - Yedlin

Longstaff - Ki (2)

BIN - Aarons - Saivet - Shelvey - Hayden - Colback - Murphy

Rondón - Perez - Almiron - Atsu (4)

BIN - Gayle - Joselu - Muto

That leaves us with 6/7 players to buy

It would be nice to upgrade on a few of the following in the summer:

Yedlin

Joselu

Shelvey

Atsu

Kenedy

Diame

Gayle

Murphy

Sign Rondon

Sign a left wing back

Get rid of Aarons, Lazaar, Saivet, Clark, Colback

I think we need Joselu and Muto replacements for back up.

Yes: both need to be binned

We need 6 players by my reckoning

I think for the first team we need 4 players signed with a striker, centre midfielder, left back and right back the priority. However, we will need more depth in the squad with better back up for Dubravka, a couple of centre midfielders with one of them being versatile like Hayden, a winger, better competition for Perez and Almiron and better back up Rondon. If I were Benitez and had the option to spend over £20 million on two positions it would be for a striker and in centre midfielder I think the rest of the squad can be strengthened with bargain signings like Schar, loans and free transfers.

Guest godzilla

We need Rafa to sign first.

Yep pointless even looking at transfer targets until we know who will be manager

Would keep Muto personally, feel like he might be one of them players that doesn't pull up any tree's in his first season, and then shines in his second. As he's never looked bad when coming on, just hasn't done much at the same time.

Arsenal forward Danny Welbeck - whose contract is over at the end of the season - will leave the club in the summer.

The England international was given a guard of honour after the Gunners' last home game of the season, alongside the outbound Petr Cech and Aaron Ramsey.

The striker scored 32 goals in 126 appearances for Arsenal, but his time at Arsenal was largely plagued by injuries.

He has been linked with a move to Newcastle in recent weeks.

Would be very happy with him as long as we're getting Rondon too. Welbeck is class when fit, him & Rondon would be very healthy options up top. Welbeck also able to play the role of Almiron or Perez.

Problem is he's rarely healthy. He'd no doubt end up a cripple if he signed.

The crisp, North Sea air will mend him man.

Or Derek Dr Death Wright will properly knack him. He'll appeal to Ashley because he's on a free although the wages might be a problem.

Wasn’t there an article in the Chronic recently about top five targets that included Mooy (plus two players over 28)?

I’d love to have an Australian play for the Toon again, but I just don’t see him offering us any more than Ki. I know we need numbers in midfield, but I don’t think he would be a cheap option, contract status notwithstanding.

Daniel Arzani from Man Citeh/Celtic is about the only Aussie who wouldn’t look out of place in our squad, and we’ve got Ayoze and Almiron who are both better.

Wasn’t there an article in the Chronic recently about top five targets that included Mooy (plus two players over 28)?

I’d love to have an Australian play for the Toon again, but I just don’t see him offering us any more than Ki. I know we need numbers in midfield, but I don’t think he would be a cheap option, contract status notwithstanding.

Daniel Arzani from Man Citeh/Celtic is about the only Aussie who wouldn’t look out of place in our squad, and we’ve got Ayoze and Almiron who are both better.

Arzani would be a class squad signing :thup: