Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Just noticed today that Drenthe is still a free agent. Thought he had a good enough season at Everton to earn himself a contract somewhere. But I guess there's too many doubts about his discipline.

Still, he's a pretty good player when he's focused and can fill in at LB.

Just noticed today that Drenthe is still a free agent. Thought he had a good enough season at Everton to earn himself a contract somewhere. But I guess there's too many doubts about his discipline.

Still, he's a pretty good player when he's focused and can fill in at LB.

More trouble than he's worth, imo.

Drenthe would only be worth our time as a winger option from the bench, he's an awful fullback truly awful.

I don't really rate him much at all tbh and doubt he would accept a role and a wage we would offer him.

Would rather give Ferguson and others a chance before signing people like Drenthe.

Drenthe would only be worth our time as a winger option from the bench, he's an awful fullback truly awful.

I don't really rate him much at all tbh and doubt he would accept a role and a wage we would offer him.

Would rather give Ferguson and others a chance before signing people like Drenthe.

Give over. He may not be the best defensively, but he's a very useful attacking wingback in the Debuchy mould you have been wanking yourself silly over all summer.

Debuchy is a much better defender than Drenthe and he's a much better player full stop.

He does his best work as an out and out winger and his quality isn't so high that i'd consider him over what we already have.

Besides i wasn't the only one who was wanking myself silly over the possibility of Debuchy  :lol:

Maybe i'm biased but i don't rate him all that much.

Besides i'd rather wait till January or even the Summer and get a proper long term option than a short term fix.

Despite his antics off the pitch, his workrate in it has always been pretty good. If anything sometimes he's one of those players that tries to be at too many places.

Not last season. Hardly ever tracks back & anytime he gets fouled and doesn't get a free kick he'll throw a strop and sit on the floor while the game is going on. Total waster. He gave us a few moments of individual magic during the season but that's not enough.

I don't think any manager will sort his head out.

Steve Harper - "Sir Bobby used to say 'Don't just buy good players, buy good people,' we've got some good characters here."

Let's go get Drenthe in.  :idiot2:

Something went wrong then with Sir Bobby's hypothesis.