Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Where did it go wrong? Dyer? He was a child when we got him.

And Bobby didn't sign him.

Didnt Robert turn out to be a bit of a c**t too

Not at all, he just found it difficult to adapt to the added responsibilities of being a winger in the English game. Off the field he was a model pro.

Is Enrique just out of favour at Liverpool or is he injured? Would love to have him back here tbf. solid defender with strength to complement Coloccini. Would love to have him back.

Quite surprising how many Liverpool fans don't rate him at all.

After a strong 6 months there he's gone downhill. Think he's bulked up too much and it's effected his game. Watch the Blackburn (a) compilation on Youtube from his latter days here; world class performance and shows why we considered him to be the best left back in the league. The times I've seen him recently for them he looks slower, less athletic and more error prone.

Can see him gone sooner rather than later unless he turns it around.

Quite surprising how many Liverpool fans don't rate him at all.

After a strong 6 months there he's gone downhill. Think he's bulked up too much and it's effected his game. Watch the Blackburn (a) compilation on Youtube from his latter days here; world class performance and shows why we considered him to be the best left back in the league. The times I've seen him recently for them he looks slower, less athletic and more error prone.

Can see him gone sooner rather than later unless he turns it around.

He hasn't been the same player since Ben Arfa put him on his arse at our place.

We won't sign any player costing even close to £16m under this tenure. I can't be arsed going over whether that's a good or a bad thing, but it means you can completely ignore any such story instantly. That's if you've somehow neglected to notice the URL of course.

Why will we not sign a player for 16mill? We offered 12 for Carrol. I think if it is a good deal for the club we would pay 16 mill. Just in most cases there is always a better option for cheaper. Hypothetical but if Messi wanted to come to us for 16 mill, we would do it.

It's hard to say what we need, sometimes players end up playing well without us expecting it, and formations change. Perch being an understudy to Tiote, and Anita possibly becoming a solid right back. Marv could make LW his own, or even possibly Fergie or Sammy. Another centre half would be the priority, whether that be a destroyer type to compliment Colo, or an understudy to Colo.

• 2 weeks later...

How much would Zaha cost? Rough,uncut diamond,in my estimation. I wonder how Palace are financially. Moses was probably a better prospect and didn't get much for him at all. I think they were in administration?

Think they turned down like £8 million last Jan.

How much would Zaha cost? Rough,uncut diamond,in my estimation. I wonder how Palace are financially. Moses was probably a better prospect and didn't get much for him at all. I think they were in administration?

Think they turned down like £8 million last Jan.

Was on the palace forum a few weeks back and they seem to think that's inaccurate - was more like £4.5m and made up of clauses as well.

• 4 weeks later...

We won't sign any player costing even close to £16m under this tenure. I can't be arsed going over whether that's a good or a bad thing, but it means you can completely ignore any such story instantly. That's if you've somehow neglected to notice the URL of course.

Loads of people said Cisse would never happen when the price was suggested to be £10m. I think it's not about the price but how much of a good deal we're getting etc. If there was a player who we rated at £25m who we could get for £16m (assuming the wages and everything else also fitted the blueprint) then I've no doubt Ashley would attempt to get him in.

Should be tapping up Lewis Holtby of Schalke rather than these French knackers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2225016/Lewis-Holtby-reveals-offers-England.html

Yes please. As well as the players we already know who are OOC (Douglas, Yanga-Mbiwa, etc.), there's also Keisuke Honda, Daniel Carrico, Juan Manuel Vargas, Zdravko Kuzmanovic and Klaas Jan-Huntelaar to add to that list apparently.

Holtby would be f*cking class if we are looking for a more attacking CM but i get the feeling he will either renew his contract at Schalke or go to a massive club in the CL.

Honda would be class as well i don't really understand why he's still in Russia mind you i could say the same for Dzageov and others.