Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Guest MrSundlofer

Wouldn't mind loaning Lukaku in January if Chelsea still fancy that.

I would mind. It will just be an "emergency loan". What we need is a striker on permanent basis. I much rather spend £ on one and give him a 5-years-contract.

i thought he looked awful today...i know it will take time but he seemed to be well of the pace !

I agree. I thought he was very slow and his touch was bad. Made awful runs as well. Not the player to bring on when trying to catch Man Utd. He's young and will get a chance to shine some day, just seems that time isn't now.

Lukaku cannot play for another side this season.

Not quite right according to:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14716748.stm

Stoke have been thwarted in their bid to sign Chelsea's Romelu Lukaku on loan because of Premier League rules.

Belgian Lukaku, 18, arrived at Stamford Bridge from Anderlecht in early August and made his Chelsea debut on Saturday.

But Premier League rule M 7.1 says: "A temporary transfer to a club may not take place in the transfer window in which the transferor club acquired the player's registration."

Thought there was a rule that a player cannot play for more than 2 teams in a season and also thought that he'd played a few competitive games for Anderlecht?

He's played 2 games for them.

Anyway, I've probably made that rule up / got it from an FM inaccuracy.

i thought he looked awful today...i know it will take time but he seemed to be well of the pace !

I agree. I thought he was very slow and his touch was bad. Made awful runs as well. Not the player to bring on when trying to catch Man Utd. He's young and will get a chance to shine some day, just seems that time isn't now.

when he was at anderlecht i read some scout saying they weren't developing him properly, just asking him to use his strength and power to outmuscle players, and that he still needs more work on his technique and decision making to be a success in the bigger leagues.

Striker, LB and CB cover has to be top priority! Imo LB and CB © is more important than a new 9. Although a quality striker would be a big boost to the rest of the squad and us fans.

Not sure we're able to get a quality striker in this transfer period (i know we couldn't even get one in over the summer)

Thoughts?

Not interested in the slightest. Sorry.

Accepted :) I just love the thought of what we "could" have IF we keep what we've got and add a few good ones.

And im bored, was supposed to go out but got stuck in this forum after our win :)

Doubt we'd consider it but I'd love us to go for Hoillet in January if Blackburn are still struggling and we're still doing okay.

Out of contract at the end of the season and seemingly stalling on a new one.

Didn't know his contract is running out.