Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Yeh he looks impressive, good age, position we need, a league we scout, he wants to move on after this one year contract extension expires. I think well have a go, there may be bigger clubs after him.

Do you think he's a significant upgrade on Goufran?

More an improvement on Obertan, Marveaux and Jonas. Rated higher than Gouffran I'd say,  but Gouffran has been immense in his first 4 games here. So too early to tell.

Will also allow Gouffran to play in a central role if needed.

It's FC Twente we're talking about though. Never easy negotiating with their chairman.

We need a striker and a winger come the summer so we can send Shola and Obertan/Jonas down the pecking order.

Gouffran-Cisse-HBA is great but outside of that it is :anguish:

Get a striker and a winger and we solve this and finally have depth upfront.

Sounded like the link with Sim de Jong was pretty strong. Don't know If wed be back in for him after Sissoko has been so good. A winger someone like Mertens and a pacy striker like PEA, would be ideal.

• 3 weeks later...

Eric Dier from Sporting? Seems to have broke into their team this season, can't imagine he'd cost too much, English...should be this sort of transfer we should be looking at to replace Williamson as back up.

He left us because he wasn't willing to be a back up. Was 5th choice after Jags, Distin, Heitinga & Duffy.

Is he playing most weeks at Sporting?

Hangeland for free this summer?

1. He's past his best and he was never as good as hyped anyway which is why he's still at Fulham

2. He's well beyond the age Ashley will even begin to consider for a new signing.

Norwegian TV2 said that we, West Ham and Dortmund wanted Håvard Nordtveit from Mönchengladbach before he signed a new contract.

Good player, would have liked that very much.

To those Swedes out there (the ones without mental problems) - should we go for Guidetti? I know he wants first team football, but he would get a lot of that here as he and Cisse could rotate.

That is of course if Man City would want to sell him as even though they are light up front that doesn't matter for them as they'd rather just spunk a wedge of cash on the finished article rather than polish a rough diamond.

Hangeland for free this summer?

1. He's past his best and he was never as good as hyped anyway which is why he's still at Fulham

2. He's well beyond the age Ashley will even begin to consider for a new signing.

Dunno if that's true. There's been a good bit of interest in him over the years. Seems like he's just been rather content to stay at Fulham.

Wouldn't start for us anyway. Can't do much better than Hangeland as a third choice CB.

I doubt any of it was actually genuine i REALLY doubt he would have turned down Arsenal etc etc if they actually came along, hard to tell which is actual interest and just paper made up crap.

Anyway to keep this on topic, The Journal said we are interested in signing 3 first team players or "purples" and seemed to imply the positions are Striker ( Aubameyang, Centre back ( Coloccini's replacement) and a winger.

I'd be pretty ecstactic if that was the case because when i look at the team those seem to be the weak points oh and Siem De Jong is no longer a target as the club think we have enough "number 10s".

Most of you have probably read it but thought i might as well mention it while the thread is bumped.

Guest chicken little

To those Swedes out there (the ones without mental problems) - should we go for Guidetti?

Saw a fair slice of his time at Feyenoord, and would definitely take him.

there's a player I like the look of in the MLS. Fairly tall winger who plays for a team. Good with the ball at his feet. Can anyone help me out? Who am I thinking of? We should buy him.

You sure about that, mate?