Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Anyone know owt about Philipp Hosiner, banging them in this season in Austria, is young and probably not too expensive due to league? Albeit he falls at the not French/francophone hurdle.

If there's any mileage in this "left winger as a matter of urgency" thing I would assume Yohan Mollo and Dimitri Payet are on our radar - but both ASSE and Lille are in the hunt for CL as it stands.

Would gladly have either, although I could see us favouring Mollo purely for his age. Both are set piece takers, both have a turn of pace and a trick, both have impressive track records of assists/goals, both right-footers who enjoy cutting in...

If there's any mileage in this "left winger as a matter of urgency" thing I would assume Yohan Mollo and Dimitri Payet are on our radar - but both ASSE and Lille are in the hunt for CL as it stands.

Would gladly have either, although I could see us favouring Mollo purely for his age. Both are set piece takers, both have a turn of pace and a trick, both have impressive track records of assists/goals, both right-footers who enjoy cutting in...

Payet would cost a fair whack I reckon. Lille paid €8m for him and he's only got better.

Feel sorry for Ligue Un clubs like. Losing a lot of players to nobodies like us and PSG have bought it for the forseeable future whilst creating little or no trickle down effect.

By the same token it'd be nice if we bought some non-Francophone players too go along with this.

Sounds exactly what we need. Would allow Gouff to be deployed centrally sometimes as well, and provide cover when HBA is injured.

Fwiw Belhanda and PEA could be considered as options on the left too. Although the latter is more effective as a striker and his impressive form means we ain't getting any closer to a deal.

Fwiw Belhanda and PEA could be considered as options on the left too. Although the latter is more effective as a striker and his impressive form means we ain't getting any closer to a deal.

They're obviously good players but we're in dire need or signing players for positions rather than because they can play a few.

Why haven't we looked into La Liga for the archetypical small skilful Spanish winger/ inside forward. Swansea's transfers have shown that it's a bargain hunting ground if we look carefully.

They're obviously good players but we're in dire need or signing players for positions rather than because they can play a few.

:thup

Belhanda has really shone since moving central, but he does appear to have the sort of game that may be better served in a wider free role if he was to move to England.

Aubameyang may be similar in that he could do well wide, but he's not at the same level technically. I'm desperate for a bit more craft and guile in our team, personally.

Payet would cost a fair whack I reckon. Lille paid €8m for him and he's only got better.

Feel sorry for Ligue Un clubs like. Losing a lot of players to nobodies like us and PSG have bought it for the forseeable future whilst creating little or no trickle down effect.

By the same token it'd be nice if we bought some non-Francophone players too go along with this.

Definitely think Payet would be up past the €10m mark and I'm not sure we'd stretch that far unless Carr was really sold on him. Mollo would appear to be more our stamp, but we may also have eyes on the Netherlands for more players of a similar style/quality.

Very true x2, it's all tempered by the way we play though. Playing how we play currently is putting a big onus on any attacking players coming in whether they're playing in their natural positions or not. I've seen next to nowt of any of them properly like but I like what I've YT/read on-field about PEA. I agree though, we're badly in need of taking the burden of our two injury prone creatives with more options.