Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

28 (almost dead) this year. Can't see us splashing that sort of money on a centre back of that era.

While i understand it isn't realistic for Ashley to do that, if Colo goes i do think we need a CB of around that age.

No f*cking about with kids, get an experienced defender in of around 27/28 years old.

Probably living in dream land but i think its important experience is replaced with experience.

Hughie Viana is out of contract this summer :whistle:

I really really liked him, if he had picked the right league and club when he was confident and at his best just after the U21 euros (was it?)  i think he would have become a world class player, i really do. Amazingly talented. A lots of if's i know, maybe he wasn't strong enough mentally to fulfill his absolutely massive potential.

Hugo Viana has a great left foot, would end your set penis problems, but still lacks some of the "Premier League" intensity. In the biggest games in Portugal sometimes it shows.

Anyway, definitely a good player. Him + 2 or 3 players catapulted Braga to a superior level, culminating in a 2nd place in Portuguese League (2009/10) and an Europa League final (2010/11). Sporting are trying to sign him.

Guest VanBarduck

Coquelin . I've mentionned him in the wrong thread. It would be a talended, cheap, perfectible signing...

Wigan have some good midfielders we could poach if they go down. Not necessarily starters but some good squad players. Plus there's the bonus that it would p*ss Dave Whelan off.

I'd love McCarthy.

Sinclair, Austin, Ince, Lallana and Arouna Kone are all ones I'd like with English league experience, which is something I think we badly lack.

I do agree, problem is though English players are always ridiculously priced( i'm aware Kone isn't English) but Lallana etc etc all ones i'd like will cost a fortune sadly.

Watching Palace today reminds me that Jon Williams is a real prospect too. Lotta options out there. Whether we'd pay for them is another matter.

Might be a good playmate for Ferguson.