Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

If we survived and Wigan went down would anybody be against us signing Shaun Maloney?

No but it would never happen, wrong side of 30.

I know he's had mentality issues in the past but when you look at our lack of options up top I think he'd be a good squad addition.

Carlton fucking Cole would be a good addition to that lot.

Has Onuoha been shite for QPR? Always looked like a solid if unspectacular defender to me so if we could ship Williamson would he be worth a punt as 4th choice?

Depend on his wages I'd guess. He's on a load at QPR isn't he?

No idea really but probably.

Just used to think he was quite decent, he went there for £3m apparently so I would assume they would take less now and as lowly rated as Williamson is here I reckon the fees between the two wouldn't be all that different.

CB targets: Douglas, Abdennour, Okore, Kana Biyik, Chedjou, Isimat-Mirin, Alderweireld, Sakho

Haven't seen Kana Biyik or Okore but would definitely take the rest even Mirin if we sign an more experienced one on top of it as i think he's a bit raw at the moment.

The one who probably does (Alderweireld) seems to be going to Roma and if he's turned down Spurs/L'pool was never really an option anyway.

Okore should given his Danish upbringing.

If we survived and Wigan went down would anybody be against us signing Shaun Maloney?

No but it would never happen, wrong side of 30.

He's not any side of 30.

He is if you count his time in the womb.

CB targets: Douglas, Abdennour, Okore, Kana Biyik, Chedjou, Isimat-Mirin, Alderweireld, Sakho

how many of those speak English?

Communication is of massive importance when you're a CB.  Hard to justify if it's going to take them 6 months to learn the language.

Well ideally he'd speak English as a primary language but English players are expensive and American/Australian players are crap.

Hoping for a bite :whistle:

Communication is of massive importance when you're a CB.  Hard to justify if it's going to take them 6 months to learn the language.

Well ideally he'd speak English as a primary language but English players are expensive and American/Australian players are crap.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01653/onyewu_1653067c.jpg

We need a CB who's good enough to be first choice but doesn't mind not playing every week. We really need to have faith in Mapou because he will become immense.

One thing's for sure, we can't facilitate his learning curve.

Wonder what Chelsea's plans for Kevin de Bruyne are next season given he didn't seem to enamored with Werder and they seem to buying Schurrle too.

EDIT: might be going to Dortmund, scratch that.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01653/onyewu_1653067c.jpg

Onyewu brings me only good memories. One of the few defenders that makes Cardozo look fast and agile.