Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Yep.  I find it very worrying that it doesn't seem a priority for us, although I'd still play Marveaux there every day of the week with the current options.

Yep. Plain wrong that we're not in the market for a winger. We've got one orthodox winger in the squad and that's Obertan.

The whole club is wrong.

Aye, when I said orthodox I meant they wouldn't have their best attributes shackled by a 4-4-2 formation (which I can see us playing plenty this season). Ben Arfa would be wasted to an extent, imo, cos he'd constantly be receiving the ball too far from goal.

I know I'm bucking the trend here but for me, signing another striker is not a priority.

We have Cisse, Gouffran is certainly more of a striker than a wide man and Remy will be available in about a month.

Who do we have who can actually play LW? No one. Gouffran isn't suited to it (he can fill in if needed), Jonas offers no discernable  addition to offensive play whatsoever and Marveaux actually vanishes as he approaches the touchline. Who else do we have? Sammy???

We need a left winger because we don't have  single one at the club.

http://footballformation.co.uk/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/gabriel-obertan.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Pt3AegD.png

Problem not reinforcing the squad earlier this summer becomes so transparent now as most of our targets has already signed the papers. Gomis will be a hit and miss most likely, I'd see Gourcoff do decent. Maybe we could even put him in the #10 role so we could do some through balls for Cisse to run upon atleast. Although I guess it wouldn't help much as he seems to have lost the touch.

Probably been mentioned already but would Victor Moses not be available for loan? So many players ahead of him in the pecking order now, especially if Chelsea manage to steal Willian and I think he'd be a great replacement for Jonas on the left.

Probably been mentioned already but would Victor Moses not be available for loan? So many players ahead of him in the pecking order now, especially if Chelsea manage to steal Willian and I think he'd be a great replacement for Jonas on the left.

Totally forgot about him, Chelsea surely can't keep them all? I seen Marco Marin pop up for Seville the other night, didn't even realise he had been sent out.

Guest Roger Kint

They would probably have to keep him to have enough English players in their squad?

They only have about 6 English players with him so god knows who qulaifies

Guest Roger Kint

Totally forgot about him, Chelsea surely can't keep them all? I seen Marco Marin pop up for Seville the other night, didn't even realise he had been sent out.

Moses would be fantastic, goals and pace? Clearly why we wont ask :lol:

A player in the mould of Andreas Weimann is one of the things we need at the moment. Works so hard, has pace and is supremely intelligent with a thunderbolt of a shot. I'd be delighted with him tbh. Not sure how much he'd cost, but 7 or 8 million on him would be money well spent.

A player in the mould of Andreas Weimann is one of the things we need at the moment. Works so hard, has pace and is supremely intelligent with a thunderbolt of a shot. I'd be delighted with him tbh. Not sure how much he'd cost, but 7 or 8 million on him would be money well spent.

If I were him, I'd much rather play for Villa than Newcastle at the moment.

I do agree though, we'd be lucky to have him.

We need an attacking midfielder more than anything else, i really hope the club realizes this but i doubt it.

Get Weimann in and splash out on the attacking mid/ winger.

I'd love that but i can't see Weimann as a realistic option as he just signed a new contract with Villa.