Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

I like Hart. Think he'd fit in at NUFC.

Genuinely not sure what there is to like about him.

Attitude. Never hides from criticism and is refreshingly blunt and honest in interviews. Ability. Along with De Gea he's been the best shot stopper in the Premier League for the last 4-5 years. Yes he's having a dip last 12 month but nothing a bit of confidence wouldn't sort. Experience. Been there done it.

Guest firetotheworks

He's been crap for absolutely ages now. The way the media continue to fall over themselves to maintain that he's 'world class', when you can clearly see with your own eyes that he's actually pretty awful is embarrassing.

People always say we could go for x player or y player because a certain club is interested in one of ours.

(Bojan from Stoke above as an example, because Stoke apparently want Dummett)

How often does a swap deal actually happen though? :lol: Unless I'm missing the point, I cant even remember the last swap deal we made (unless Thauvin/Cabella counts).

People always say we could go for x player or y player because a certain club is interested in one of ours.

How often does a swap deal actually happen though? :lol: Unless I'm missing the point, I cant even remember the last swap deal we made (unless Thauvin/Cabella counts).

I wasn't  meaning as a swap. Just if Stoke did make the enquiry then would it be an idea to discuss their players. Its alleged he is available and Stoke will probably sell.

Probably wont happen. Is it realistic, I dont know?

I wasn't  meaning as a swap. Just if Stoke did make the enquiry then would it be an idea to discuss their players. Its alleged he is available and Stoke will probably sell.

Probably wont happen is it realistic, I dont know?

Aye, fair enough. I see it every now and again but just jumped on yours because it was the one I saw here.

It's usually on Twitter tbf, which is probably for the other thread.

Attitude. Never hides from criticism and is refreshingly blunt and honest in interviews. Ability. Along with De Gea he's been the best shot stopper in the Premier League for the last 4-5 years. Yes he's having a dip last 12 month but nothing a bit of confidence wouldn't sort. Experience. Been there done it.

southgate looks like the type who'll duck big decisions so fully expect hart to stay as #1 until such time as he drops a clanger in the WC next year and we're eliminated

he's been garbage for a long time now

Guest chopey

Not worth the price-tag. Never really got the Barkley hype.

Same, I also felt the same about Stones last summer

Joe Hart the best shot stopper in the PL? What?

I'm convinced that entire post describes someone else.

Joe Hart the best shot stopper in the PL? What?

I'm convinced that entire post describes someone else.

Apart from De Gea who I noted who has been much better than him in that department over the timeline I stated?

Guest neesy111

Hart got dropped 2-3 years ago for a month for Pantilimon because he was making howlers all the time

Guest neesy111

Lloris? Schmeichel?

Hart's made quite a few howlers from shots

Butland

Only had 1 season in the PL as 1st choice tbf.

Lloris, Cech, Courtois etc etc, the list goes on and on.

Rate Hart higher than those 3 as a shot stopper. Good allround keepers but not the question I asked. 2 of them haven't been in the PL for 4/5 year and Cech has been on the wane for a couple of year.

Don't rate Lloris that highly personally and Butland has still a lot to prove.

Lloris is a much better goalkeeper than Joe Hart no matter how many years he's been in the PL

Yup. Would probably say he's third best in the PL behind De Gea and Courtois.