Rooney vs Shearer

ponsaelius

This debate is absolutely rank, man. :lol:

I've been drawn into some fucking daft arguments around semantics on here, but this is a whole new level of madness.

Why? Well, let's start with the fact that it has stemmed from HTT's fictional one-man ranking system. Need I say more?

I actually enjoyed it, but only because I'm as gay for Shearer as he is by the looks of things. He did miss one key area where Big Al scores 10 too though, in the bracket entitled "looks department".

You talk about bias Ronaldo but you have made it quite clear for a while now you have a problem with Shearer, do you not think that could be clouding your judgement?

There's very little to judge, as it's all in black and white, really. Shearer's record doesn't really match up to the very best, as good as it is.

You talk about bias Ronaldo but you have made it quite clear for a while now you have a problem with Shearer, do you not think that could be clouding your judgement?

There's very little to judge, as it's all in black and white, really. Shearer's record doesn't really match up to the very best, as good as it is.

I need to clarify this, what do you mean when you say "record"?  Are we talking numbers, are we talking finishing ability, are we talking goals scored at the very highest level?

:lol: You've just chosen a line and stuck to it with vague 5 word posts when other people are actually trying to debate the point, I don't think you're in a position to call "gay" on the argument tbh.

You seriously want to 'debate' the difference between 9 and 10? Give over.

:lol: You've just chosen a line and stuck to it with vague 5 word posts when other people are actually trying to debate the point, I don't think you're in a position to call "gay" on the argument tbh.

You seriously want to 'debate' the difference between 9 and 10? Give over.

Well, yeah. :lol: You thought enough of the distinction between a 9 and a 10 to bring it up in the first place.  It's the fact that you won't be drawn into more than 4 or 5 words of arrogant tosh that rubs people up the wrong way, and I say that as someone who usually quite likes reading some of the stuff you come out with.  So yeah, I was trying to debate your original comment with you and got the usual response.

Pele never played in the CL at all. Useless f***er.

Didnt even play in europe which is why he can not be classed with maradona and Best

Howay, he did well against fulham and got us a point against Villa but it's going a bit far to bracket him with Maradona and Pele just yet.  :lol:

If Shearer went to Manchester United he sadly would have scored a lot more goals than he did for us, for us he scored a hell of a lot of goals despite two massive injuries.

What utter garbage.

Shearer would have lasted 5 seasons max at Man U before Fergie booted his btackside out of the door as soon as his form slipped.

Guest Howaythetoon

If Shearer went to Manchester United he sadly would have scored a lot more goals than he did for us, for us he scored a hell of a lot of goals despite two massive injuries.

What utter garbage.

Shearer would have lasted 5 seasons max at Man U before Fergie booted his btackside out of the door as soon as his form slipped.

Doubt it, Shearer would have been a 10 years man at Man Utd easily, because he'd still have banged them in for fun like he did for us but just as key because he was a leader, a team-player, a strong personality. Fergie likes such characters, i.e. your Scholes', Giggs', stalwarts, real pros. Players who despite their declining form and years, he still keeps around.

What utter garbage.

Doubt it, Shearer would have been a 10 years man at Man Utd easily, because he'd still have banged them in for fun like he did for us but just as key because he was a leader, a team-player, a strong personality. Fergie likes such characters, i.e. your Scholes', Giggs', stalwarts, real pros. Players who despite their declining form and years, he still keeps around.

O0