QPR 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/09/11 - Post-match reaction from page 53

Dave

There's positives:

The defence looks solid

Cabaye has made a relatively good start to the season

Ba looks to be getting into some sort of form of sorts

Best looks to be picking up where he left off last season

It's not all doom and gloom but our play in the final third is disjointed to say the very least.

A midfield is only as good as what's in front of it

no. it's stupid to look at a section of the team in isolation like that. in truth the midfileld is only as good as whats behind it, in front of it and to the sides of it, the movemnet it has, the technique it has, the vision it has,the strength it has...........and as yet i think ours could be so much better than it has been given nthe personnel.

Agreed.

There's positives:

The defence looks solid

It's not all doom and gloom but our play in the final third is disjointed to say the very least.

Agree with all of those, although the defence didn't look all too solid in the first half today. A better side would have scored at least a couple.

There's positives:

The defence looks solid

Agree with all of those, although the defence didn't look all too solid in the first half today. A better side would have scored at least a couple.

That's maybe only 5/6 teams in the league.

R.Taylor's performance is one of the worst I have ever seen in a Newcastle shirt. If he ever plays there again unless absolutely necessary then Pardew wants shooting.

it's that type of shite that has helped me post much less frequently on here of late.

R.Taylor's performance is one of the worst I have ever seen in a Newcastle shirt. If he ever plays there again unless absolutely necessary then Pardew wants shooting.

it's that type of s**** that has helped me post much less frequently on here of late.

why? he put simple 5 yard passes out of play atleast 3 times i counted. Was out of position numerous times,miss-controlled the ball and let it go under his foot and out of play from an easy pass by S.taylor, miss-timed clearances time after time either up in the air or behind for a corner and got done by the winger nearly everytime they attacked him.

Im not knocking him more Pardew because he could play Santon or Ferguson. Just because Taylor scored a few freekicks doesnt make up for his shakey defending in all the games so far.

it's that type of s**** that has helped me post much less frequently on here of late.

why? he put simple 5 yard passes out of play atleast 3 times i counted. Was out of position numerous times, miss-timed clearances time after time either up in the air or behind for a corner and got done by the winger nearly everytime they attacked him.

Im not knocking him more Pardew because he could play Santon or Ferguson. Just because Taylor scored a few freekicks doesnt make up for his shakey defending in all the games so far.

Ignore him man, everyone knows he's just trying to avoid sending me that pint money.

I don't buy this "two points dropped" crap.  For those who saw the match saw that many teams won't turn QPR over as easily as first thought.  They are a good footballing side which was only showcased by our crap performance.  Any points are positive.

I don't buy this "two points dropped" crap.  For those who saw the match saw that many teams won't turn QPR over as easily as first thought.  They are a good footballing side which was only showcased by our crap performance.  Any points are positive.

Who said that?

i couldn't believe all the rubbish that was coming out before the game with them being rubbish, buying crap players etc.  Add the fact of the feel good factor and pumped up crowd making it a kind of cup game atmosphere it was never going to be an easy game for us.  I'd have took a point at the start of the game and was delighted when we came away with a point after watching the game.

They were gettable at the back though but sadly we were toothless and poor in the attacking third and with us losing the midfield battle never got a period of decent possession in the game where we could look to build up some of our own pressure and hurt them.

why? he put simple 5 yard passes out of play atleast 3 times i counted. Was out of position numerous times, miss-timed clearances time after time either up in the air or behind for a corner and got done by the winger nearly everytime they attacked him.

Ignore him man, everyone knows he's just trying to avoid sending me that pint money.

defensivly he was ok, wright philips played well, and why doesnt jonas stand on ryan toes the way he did jose's ? dont want him there this coming weekend but was he much worse than most....he was better than our forwards and tiote ffs and dave you will get that pint.

A midfield is only as good as what's in front of it

no. it's stupid to look at a section of the team in isolation like that. in truth the midfileld is only as good as whats behind it, in front of it and to the sides of it, the movemnet it has, the technique it has, the vision it has,the strength it has...........and as yet i think ours could be so much better than it has been given nthe personnel.

Jesus H lol

Who said that?

I don't like being this type of poster but this one is the only one that I remember which page it was actually on:

2 points lost, awful game.

The point being though, everyone seemed to expect some sort of easy win and were predicting three points.  Fact of the matter is, QPR will be a good footballing side this season and will be hard to turn over at home.

'everyone seemed to expect some sort of easy win and were predicting three points'

Total bollocks, sorry. Some did. And I'd be very surprised if you can find more examples of people saying it was two points dropped.

I'm not being funny, but this is a classic example of tarring everyone with the same brush, as though being unhappy with the performance automatically means those people expected too much, or are now claiming we're in a relegation battle. Going too far the other way.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Shite performance but it'll soon be forgotten. We've been poor in every match & we are yet to perform, however for a team or our ambition - i.e staying in the league - 8 points is a great haul!

For most of the game, we had a very old-fashioned looking 4-4-2, and were overrun.

Neither of the full backs were able to support the attack, and Cabaye and Tiote didn't get forward. We had the odd individual moment, and Best did well, but overall we looked very ragged going forward.

What's happened to Tiote? That confidence and energy of last season seems to have gone. I lost count of the number of times he gave the ball away.

Still, that's a difficult game out of the way, and we didn't lose.

Guest sydneycove

TBH QPR's first game out after a massive transfer window, really good feeling around the club, away from home I am more than happy to take the point.

TBH QPR's first game out after a massive transfer window, really good feeling around the club, away from home I am more than happy to take the point.

i'm happy with a point.....what about the performance ?

Aye, I wouldn't have been unhappy with a point if asked before the game. But that performance was demoralising.