Carling Cup 4th Round - Blackburn (a) - Tonight @ 8pm. NOT TELEVISED ANYWHERE

Beren

Blackburn will surely be focusing on the game away to Norwich on Saturday, can't see them fielding a strong team for this one.

Not that I'm too bothered about the game either.

Why not?

I'm more interested in our league position at the end of the season rather than being in a cup competition that we've got little hope of winning.

I could see this being a loss. Blackburn have been have decent the last two games and will probably put out a full team, where as we might now. Should be interesting either way.

Blackburn will surely be focusing on the game away to Norwich on Saturday, can't see them fielding a strong team for this one.

:laugh:

Not that I'm too bothered about the game either.

Why not?

I'm more interested in our league position at the end of the season rather than being in a cup competition that we've got little hope of winning.

http://www.gamingevolution.info/screenshots/main.php/d/164061-1/Debbie_Downer.jpg

Krul

Santon  Coloccini  whoever is fit  Raylor

Marveaux  Tiote  Cabaye      Jonas

Ben Arfa

Shola

Tell that to Birmingham City.

Great example, a team that practically gave up on the league to concentrate on the cup and got relegated.

Honestly, if you dont want to try and win a cup, why not just give up and stop watching football? Whats the point?

Great example, a team that practically gave up on the league to concentrate on the cup and got relegated.

Honestly, if you dont want to try and win a cup, why not just give up and stop watching football? Whats the point?

You make it sound like I would hate to win it. :lol:

League position is far more important to me than staying in a cup I think we've got little chance of lifting, European qualification is our main goal and it's what will help attract better players to the club, I think we've got more chance of getting that through finishing higher in the league than winning a cup with Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea still in there.

If we get to the semi's I'll show some interest and belief we can win it but until then I see it as a good way of giving some of our young lads more experience, nothing more than that.

CUP WIN MEANS RELEGATION!!!!! :frantic:

League position is far more important to me than staying in a cup I think we've got little chance of lifting, European qualification is our main goal and it's what will help attract better players to the club, I think we've got more chance of getting that through finishing higher in the league than winning a cup with Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea still in there.

If we get to the semi's I'll show some interest and belief we can win it but until then I see it as a good way of giving some of our young lads more experience, nothing more than that.

ridiculous, if we can win the semi final and the final we can win in the quarters

JH, did you even read his posts? :lol:

I see your point Baggio, and if it was a straight choice between going on a cup run and ultimately losing OR progressing our hopes in the league for entry to Europe - then I would probably choose the latter as it is better for our long-term future.

I'm not sure that is the choice we're faced with though. I think we can put out a respectable side that blends some of the fringe players in our squad with some of the first-teamers without jeopardising the quality of our PL performances.

Mental.

ridiculous, if we can win the semi final and the final we can win in the quarters

Think what you like, I care about this game about as much as I did about losing to Stevenage last season.

Nobody cares in the grand scheme of things and will soon be forgotten if we go out.

Think what you like, I care about this game about as much as I did about losing to Stevenage last season.

Nobody cares in the grand scheme of things and will soon be forgotten if we go out.

nobody cares about winning cups in the grand scheme of things? i do. but you'll start caring if we win two more cup games? strange.

nobody cares about winning cups in the grand scheme of things? i do. but you'll start caring if we win two more cup games? strange.

Nobody cares come the end of the season if we get knocked out in the early stages, it's soon forgotten about unless we get to the semi's.

Like I said if we get to the semi's then I'll start having a strong belief that we can win the thing, until then it's a mere pipe dream and I won't lose too much sleep if we go out to Blackburn, in fact I'll see it as a good break for our players.

Nobody cares come the end of the season if we get knocked out in the early stages, it's soon forgotten about unless we get to the semi's.

Like I said if we get to the semi's then I'll start having a strong belief that we can win the thing, until then it's a mere pipe dream and I won't lose too much sleep if we go out to Blackburn, in fact I'll see it as a good break for our players.

right o, i'll be really pissed off if we fail to get to the quarters because we cant beat a blackburn side we pissed all over just a few weeks ago.

No reason why we can't rotate the team and still win, especially as it'll be Marveaux, Santon, HBA etc coming in. Most people want them in our best 11. Steve Taylor has a broken nose so give him a breather, but again most people rate the likes of Shane Ferguson and Gosling/Abeid as the future so get them involved here. If we win, it's luck of the draw, there's some all lower league ties so home to one of them fuckers and we might be looknig at a semi final appearance. Why the fuck not?

No reason why we can't rotate the team and still win, especially as it'll be Marveaux, Santon, HBA etc coming in. Most people want them in our best 11. Steve Taylor has a broken nose so give him a breather, but again most people rate the likes of Shane Ferguson and Gosling/Abeid as the future so get them involved here. If we win, it's luck of the draw, there's some all lower league ties so home to one of them fuckers and we might be looknig at a semi final appearance. Why the fuck not?

:thup:

:lol: