Carling Cup 4th Round - Blackburn (a) - Tonight @ 8pm. NOT TELEVISED ANYWHERE

Beren

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to this one now..Blackburn have Spurs at home this Saturday and unless they managed to pull off another win like the one against Arsenal, Ewood Park would probably half empty for our match..or could be a place of hate towards Kean..

Either way, Pardew should go with a strong team for this one..the next match after this would be the following Monday night game at Stoke..try and get the win against Wigan early on, and rest the top players for this Cup match

Looking forward to this one now..Blackburn have Spurs at home this Saturday and unless they managed to pull off another win like the one against Arsenal, Ewood Park would probably half empty for our match..or could be a place of hate towards Kean..

Either way, Pardew should go with a strong team for this one..the next match after this would be the following Monday night game at Stoke..try and get the win against Wigan early on, and rest the top players for this Cup match

I'd make 5 changes but still be a strong team,  being in the likes of Santon, Marveaux, HBA, Gosling and Harper.

Think we'll play along the lines of...

Harper

Simpson Coloccini A.N. Other  Santon

Gosling  Abeid Ben Arfa Marveaux

Lovenkrands Shola

...which you'd hope would be enough to get past a weakened Blackburn side.

Win this and we're two rounds from Wembley. Should be going all out in this now.

Are the semi's at Wembley for the CC?  :frantic:

Still haven't got my tickets for this one yet, will probably by them sometime this week. Can't see it being a sell out some how  :razz:

Scunthorpe R2

Forest R3

Blackburn R4

QF

Semi's two legs home and away

Final at Wembley

Trophy parade through the city.

Are the semi's at Wembley for the CC?  :frantic:

Still haven't got my tickets for this one yet, will probably by them sometime this week. Can't see it being a sell out some how  :razz:

2 legged home and away affair isn't it?

Krul

Raylor Colo Saylor Santon

Obert Cabaye Tiote Marveaux

BenArfa

Ameobi

Best, Ba, Jonas will need rest as they'll probably start on Saturday. Raylor has been better than Simpson for the last couple of matches so deserves his place.

Should go pretty close to full strength for this, our next game isn't until the following Monday night at Stoke so plenty of time to get rested for that one.

I'll be furious if we send out a weakened side and get rolled over.

Guest The_Optimistic

Memories of Louis Saha will be evoked.

That ball from Hamann...

Wasn't it Laurent Charvet who played the 40yrd ball?

I wouldn't mind

Krul

Santon    Colo            Saylor    Raylor

Abeid          Tiote

Barfa                                      Marveaux

Best        Shola

Rests some of the players who are doing a lot of running, and rests Ba just because he's notoriously injury prone. Shola has earned some gametime after that goal...I know I know...

Rests some of the players who are doing a lot of running, and rests Ba just because he's notoriously injury prone. Shola has earned some gametime after that goal...I know I know...

When you're talking about resting players, you're keeping in the one player who is most likely to pick up a needless yellow and bring himself one match closer to suspension?

I was torn between Cabaye and Tiote as I feel with a new player in midfield need to partner with someone experienced. I went with Tiote because Cabaye seems to run himself half to death every game and wonder if a midweek fixture could tire him out from the Weekend. Tiote is going to provide the defensive solidity to prevent an upset, I'd prefer him, rather than worrying so much about getting a suspension so much not playing him when we need him.