Carling Cup 4th Round - Blackburn (a) - Tonight @ 8pm. NOT TELEVISED ANYWHERE

Beren

Should go pretty close to full strength for this, our next game isn't until the following Monday night at Stoke so plenty of time to get rested for that one.

I'll be furious if we send out a weakened side and get rolled over.

Agreed.

Would also like to see Ferguson and gosling included, something like:

------------------Harper----------------

Santon----Taylor.---Colo----Raylor

Marveaux----Gosling---Abeid--Ferguson

----------Ben Arfa---------------

--------------------Shola-------------

Tiote & Cabaye rested (hhmm...maybes too weak in middle?) and we can see what real cover we have...

Should go pretty close to full strength for this, our next game isn't until the following Monday night at Stoke so plenty of time to get rested for that one.

I'll be furious if we send out a weakened side and get rolled over.

Agreed.

Tempted to agree. I want to see other players eventually but we're against a Premier League team and we have a good chance of progressing in this cup. A trophy should come above everything else. TBH I would rather rest players in the league!

Tiote & Cabaye rested (hhmm...maybes too weak in middle?) and we can see what real cover we have...

I'm with you there, but i'd start Guthrie ahead of Abeid (provided he isn't injured!?). This is the type of "low key" appearance Guthrie may thrive on.

Blackburn must know their in a relegation dogfight this year so they should save their best players for Premiership games. however we still can't underestimate them and should set up as if we need to beat their first team.

I am thinking along similar lines as the team above. Cabaye looked a little jaded on Sunday after his international games. So i'd probably rest him if needed and bring in the very impressive looking Abeid.  Not sure we can afford to rest Tiote as well, but don't ideally really want to risk him. Tough one. If we don't play him and we lose bad decision and if we do play him and he gets injured or sent off then some will say it's a bad decision.

Last year the cup wasn't a priority, survival was. This year priority's have changed we should now give this Cup our best shot really, we could win it the way we are playing (Brum won it last year ffs). Fortune favours the brave. I'd play Tiote as the following game V Stoke is on Monday night so he has 5 days to recover. Plus i'd look to haul him off if we are comfortable. See how he is after the Wigan match.

If Obertan doesn't play against Wigan he should get game time and i'd like to see Sammy too at some point.

Got a bad feeling Elliott may be in front of Harper and what i have seen and heard of him thus far looks..... suspect.

I'm thinking start with:

-----------------Harper----------------

Marveaux----Tiote----Abeid---Jonas

Look to bring on Gosling or Guthrie, Sammy and Ferguson or Obertan.  Look to rest asap Tiote and  Jonas in particular. Unfortunately i suspect we'll see Lovenkrands at some point. I pray he doesn't play Perch as well.

Elliot

Santon  Saylor    Colo  Raylor

Gosling  Abeid  Guthrie  Marveaux

Ben Arfa

Ameobi/Lovenkrands

is probably what we'll see. Would like to see Gosling in the middle and Ferguson/Sammeobi get a run out (result permitting).

Elliot

Ben Arfa

Ameobi/Lovenkrands

is probably what we'll see. Would like to see Gosling in the middle and Ferguson/Sammeobi get a run out (result permitting).

i hope not, too many changes imo. we're away to a premier league team and in with a chance of the quarter finals. i'm loathe to even put shola in the starting line up

Elliot

Ben Arfa

Ameobi/Lovenkrands

i hope not, too many changes imo. we're away to a premier league team and in with a chance of the quarter finals. i'm loathe to even put shola in the starting line up

Can't see Tiote or Cabaye being risked when we've got 3 massive games coming up - I think we've got enough creativity in the 'squad' players to make sure we give those that haven't been in the first team a chance at impressing.

Not sure if wholesale changes will be the order of the day, maybe just protecting the crown jewels (Tiote - Cabaye - Ba) (Colo never gets dropped ;) ) will be sufficient.

Can't envisage Elliot not playing, he's clearly been promised a few starts to keep him happy and (as Harper isn't travelling) the league cup against Blackburn is a 'safe' place to do it.

Elliot

Simpson Colo Taylor Santon

Marveaux Gosling Tiote Guti

Ben Arfa

Shola

I'd imagine Marveaux, Santon, Ben Arfa, Abeid, Gosling and Guthrie will all start.

I think Blackburn fielded a reserve side in the last round. They've got Norwich away three days after this and Spurs at home three days before. This game will, more than likely, be way down their priority list.

Guest Rey Mysterio

The, er, last League Cup match you had.

I meant what is the reason he wouldn't play him after the Forest game?

The, er, last League Cup match you had.

I meant what is the reason he wouldn't play him after the Forest game?

Early signs (Forest game, reserve games) seem to indicate that Elliot is a bit of a dodgy keeper.

But it's still very much early days before we can properly pass judgement on him imo.

I'd like us to win the match (esp. in 90 minutes) and Krul is in great form. I think he would have stopped at least one of the goals we conceded the last time. If we are resting or tinkering with the outfield players, there's all the more reason to play our best keeper. He may have got a medal but did Given play in the FA Cup for Citeh last year?

If Eliot has potential, play him regularly in the reserves. No shame there.