Carling Cup 4th Round - Blackburn (a) - Tonight @ 8pm. NOT TELEVISED ANYWHERE

Beren

Play our best team. Stoke is five days after, and Everton is five days after that. I'd only rest the players who looked tired over the weekend, so maybe Ba. And I'd rest Cabaye  because he's played in nearly every game this season. I would rest Coloccini too but we really don't have a replacement for him so he has to play.

After Everton is an international break so there isn't any reason for us to rest lots of people over the next two weeks.

Wish I was going to this now....

Still can... Cash turnstile for the away fans...

Any idea how much they will be charging?

Can't get back to my spot.  Last train is about 9pm.

20 quid on door btw

Play our best team. Stoke is five days after, and Everton is five days after that. I'd only rest the players who looked tired over the weekend, so maybe Ba. And I'd rest Cabaye  because he's played in nearly every game this season. I would rest Coloccini too but we really don't have a replacement for him so he has to play.

After Everton is an international break so there isn't any reason for us to rest lots of people over the next two weeks.

So not our best team then?!  :D But yea I the players to be rested make sense although i'm pretty sure Colo will play. Would like to see Ba start as well so that him and Ben Arfa get a chance to play together.

Should be a cracking atmosphere tonight if we really have sold the whole of that bottom tier. In Morecambe at the moment, went to watch their 3-3 draw with Rotherham last night - will be in The Fernhurst from 6pm tonight - the perfect mini break!

krul

santon    perch    colo    ferguson

abeid    guthrie

gosling            arfa            marveaux

Best

maybe move gosling in central and guthrie out and then put obertan on the RW.

bench: Elliot, raylor, løvenkrands, cabaye, vuckic

think rovers will field close to their strongest side. Cabaye should be rested to start with i think. cant risk to miss both him and tiote for the stoke match.

Will be fuming if we don't go full strength and get knocked out. best chance we've had for years, better not throw it away for the sake of the league. We're actually in a position we don't have to worry too much about the league. have to go for the cups

"With Gosling there always has to be a fitness worry (and he wasn't involved in the midweek Reserve game), while Guthrie is claimed to have made a speedy exit from SJP pre-Spurs when discovering he wasn't in the matchday 18 and is now in the naughty corner."

First i'd heard of this. ??? Hope there's nothing in it; i like Guthrie and hope he plays tonight.

Guest michaelfoster

so so far the draw is

Arsenal

Man Utd

Cardiff

Crystal Palace

Blackburn or Newcastle

Everton or Chelsea

Stoke or Liverpool

Wolves or Man City

we could have

Arsenal

Man Utd

Cardiff

Crystal Palace

Newcastle

Chelsea

Liverpool

Man City

Unless we get Cardiff or Crystal Palace in the QF we wont be winning it this year :D

Since it's not on being shown by a foreign tv channel, can anyone enlighten me... will this be available to listen to on the BBC Newcastle website with Lowes and Ando or will it only be available via the NUFC TV live match 'experience'?

No.

so so far the draw is

Arsenal

Man Utd

Cardiff

Crystal Palace

Blackburn or Newcastle

Everton or Chelsea

Stoke or Liverpool

Wolves or Man City

we could have

Arsenal

Man Utd

Cardiff

Crystal Palace

Newcastle

Chelsea

Liverpool

Man City

Unless we get Cardiff or Crystal Palace in the QF we wont be winning it this year :D

So we might end up facing ourselves in the next round? :D

Hopefully a decent side out tonight and a nice easy win.

With regard to the next round ( fingers crossed), only Man City worry me. The rest I think we could give a good game on the day, especially with a home draw.

Really hope Marveaux has a blinder tonight to cement his inclusion against Stoke.

"With Gosling there always has to be a fitness worry (and he wasn't involved in the midweek Reserve game), while Guthrie is claimed to have made a speedy exit from SJP pre-Spurs when discovering he wasn't in the matchday 18 and is now in the naughty corner."

First i'd heard of this. ??? Hope there's nothing in it; i like Guthrie and hope he plays tonight.

Where's that from?  TBH if I found out that useless cunt Smith was in the first team ahead of me, I'd probably hang myself nevermind leave the ground.

Think we'll struggle tongight if I'm honest, although I reckon we will only make minor changes.  Interested to see/hear how the likes of Santon, HBA and Marveaux get on.