Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest chopey

I am 100% convinced this story is true, and we will be finally rid of that wicked witch from the south forever, now just wait there while I click my ruby addidas sambas together and it will all have been a horrible dream

How much would it cost to buy Rangers outright? I'd imagine that it would be a huge amount less than the supposed £250m sale price it would  take for Ashley to break even on his purchase of NUFC.

There's no rule against Ashley owning Rangers and NUFC is there? Giampaolo Pozzo and his family own Udinese, Granada and Watford so I'd guess not.

I can see why Ashley would want to buy Rangers. A knock down price for a club who will more than likely be back in the SPL in two years. Once they are back in the SPL they will probably get back up to finishing 2nd at worst. He could buy a squad to finish in the top two of the SPL for a Hell of a lot less money than it costs to pay for a NUFC squad which is good enough to finish above the relegation places in the Premiership. Rangers might qualify for the Champions League too. Even now Rangers fill their ground so Ashley would have a similar 'captive' audience to that of NUFC.

Ashley could probably buy Rangers out of his loose change. The SPL doesn't have the worldwide exposure of the Premiership. He'll probably buy Rangers and keep NUFC.

How much would it cost to buy Rangers outright? I'd imagine that it would be a huge amount less than the supposed £250m sale price it would  take for Ashley to break even on his purchase of NUFC.

There's no rule against Ashley owning Rangers and NUFC is there? Giampaolo Pozzo and his family own Udinese, Granada and Watford so I'd guess not.

I can see why Ashley would want to buy Rangers. A knock down price for a club who will more than likely be back in the SPL in two years. Once they are back in the SPL they will probably get back up to finishing 2nd at worst. He could buy a squad to finish in the top two of the SPL for a Hell of a lot less money than it costs to pay for a NUFC squad which is good enough to finish above the relegation places in the Premiership. Rangers might qualify for the Champions League too. Even now Rangers fill their ground so Ashley would have a similar 'captive' audience to that of NUFC.

Ashley could probably buy Rangers out of his loose change. The SPL doesn't have the worldwide exposure of the Premiership. He'll probably buy Rangers and keep NUFC.

I believe issues would arise should we both get into Europe

He might look at them as a medium term investment, getting them back to the SPL and into Europe then selling them at a profit but realistically there is no real money in scottish football for him i'd have thought.

Mind, stranger things have happened.

He might look at them as a medium term investment, getting them back to the SPL and into Europe then selling them at a profit but realistically there is no real money in scottish football for him i'd have thought.

Mind, stranger things have happened.

Still an easier way to get his crappy sports brand up in lights into the champions league.  Less effort and cost.

Rangers are hemorrhaging money, £1m a month the last I heard. It's not the type of deal Ashley would do at the minute.

I've probably mentioned it before, but I've got a theory (and it's only a theory) that Ashley will be looking to flog us within the next two to three years. The cost cutting that the club is undergoing is pretty drastic now, with even more fat being trimmed off this summer. He's also began to pay down the debt, £11m in the last set of financial results, and with him unwilling to invest in the club any further in addition to the larger prize money (despite the fact he's better off now than when he bought us), he could take an even bigger chunk out of that over the next few years...providing we don't go down.

He doesn't need Newcastle United to advertise Sports Direct anymore because he's seen off all the competition in that particular sector. SD particularly owns the sporting goods market in the UK and they've even began to make inroads in Europe. If anything we're probably a burden, because one bad year and he could find himself having to shell out vast sums while we try to navigate our way out of the Championship again. Rangers, only once they've returned to the SPL, would be a much safer bet financially.

I might be wrong mind, but I think if he had any long term interest in us he wouldn't be that concerned with streamlining the club even further when we're in pretty rude health and taking money out to pay off the loans. Llambias' comments always suggested he'd sell if the right offer came in, but now I think he's going hunting for that offer.

Doesn't mean I believe this tale mind.

Guest chopey

£1 million a month is nowt it cost Ashley £30 million in one year when we went down, he could run Rangers for over two years for that, Ashleys long term plan will be to get Rangers into the Premier league

Nothing like a made up club is for sale rumor on the eve of the season - http://www.winnersports.co.uk/ashley-to-sell-newcastle-and-buy-rangers-80200

That being said, please be true.

Lets see.... can't even spell Investment properly :lol: Makes up BS links with the richest owner in the PL at the moment and then claims SOME HOW that there's more money to be made in the Scottish 2nd division than the Premier League !

My bullshit radar is off the charts!

Lets see.... can't even spell Investment properly :lol: Makes up BS links with the richest owner in the PL at the moment and then claims SOME HOW that there's more money to be made in the Scottish 2nd division than the Premier League !

That's not BS or news.

That's not BS or news.

That he refused to sell to the now City owner? i don't remember hearing anything about it.  :dontknow:

Well, this would be good.

Knowing our luck, any American interest would be from Gillett and Hicks'.

:sad:

Edit : like the two blokes from Trading places  :lol: The Duke brothers!

http://ffbsccn.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/08_tradingplaces_bd.jpg

Well, this would be good.

Knowing our luck, any American interest would be from Gillett and Hicks'.

Steve Bisciotti is a name I've heard.

Owner of Baltimore Ravens, seems like an easy link to make up.