Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

I reckon he will take the TV money before he leaves. Why wouldn't you?

if he takes the TV money he'll stay here as no one will buy without that money still being in the pot.

tit for tat no? Would always be accounted for in the sale price.

not really. he'll want what he's paid out so far or are you saying he'll take the TV money as part of what he's owed ?

Im just saying clubs will still be sold after the TV money has been and gone. Quite easy money for him to take. Whether it forms part of his repayment, recouping etc, or just a rich man getting a little richer :dontknow:

do you think if he took the TV money and held out for what he paid he'd find a buyer ?

fwiw I believe if he'd been offered an even break deal he'd have took it any time since that Hull game.

Im just saying clubs will still be sold after the TV money has been and gone. Quite easy money for him to take. Whether it forms part of his repayment, recouping etc, or just a rich man getting a little richer :dontknow:

do you think if he took the TV money and held out for what he paid he'd find a buyer ?

fwiw I believe if he'd been offered an even break deal he'd have took it any time since that Hull game.

Yeah I do. I don't think thats too controversial either, all you'd need is someone predicting growth in the premier league.

Yeah I do. I don't think thats too controversial either, all you'd need is someone predicting growth in the premier league.

got to disagree, while there will be growth it will be more than equalled by growth in outgoings.

Depends who's keeping that profit, him or the club

Are you new ?..........................Ashley is selling the family silver to get his money back on a catastrophic mistake he made by purchasing us in the first place

Guest tollemache

Told you that did he? I don't doubt he's trying to get his money back, but how do we know he's planning to asset-strip the club in the process?

Why wouldn't you keep it if you were Ashley?

because it's a strange startegy, put in over 200million and take out in drips and drabs, years before break even and more before any realistic profit. I'm sure there are many ways of investing that sort of cash with better and safer returns.

you said earlier that the 60mill tv money would just inflate the asking price by that much, I don't see it that way, outgoings will increase and to just add 60mill on to what he paid is to forgot thats 60mill added on to what had polygon and belgravia walking away.

What on earth gives you the idea Ashley likes safe bets?

like most people the higher the price you pay the safer you want it to be. I don't mind putting a 12 team accumulator on for £2 but if I'm betting £100 it'll be a short price straight bet, no multiples.

It's Ashley gambling £50m. He doesn't do the same with us because we called him nasty names.

it's ashley thinking he can turn a quick substantial profit and also put get some leverage on another business. he doesn't do that with us because the chance of the quick substantial profit is much less.