Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Living outside the UK, going down would kill my ability to follow the team, there is practically no coverage now here in Canada for the lower leagues, less than there was when we last went down.

We all thought going down last time would be like a cleansing process, that would fix our ailments but it's hardly turned out that way, not sure it would be any different this time around.

Even living outside Newcastle the same would basically apply. I desperately don't want to go down under any (realistic) circumstances.

Ashley is a leach feeding off fans loyalty, he needs stopping and the only way is to stop going, it's so f***ing simple, he will kill this club, but it's the club that eventually rises from the s*** he left that will get my full support

I don't think a drop in attendance would do it, would be symbolic but money is in tv revenue and his free advertising. Stop that by getting relegated and not coming straight back up and we'd start costing him money. Painful for the fans but we've been there before and come back. In my younger years I had the McGarry years etc and The Championship is fantastic compared to the old 2nd Division I witnessed for a few years. I'd happily take a couple of years down if it got rid of Ashley.

If we had dramatically low attendances. Say 20k or so - the league & Sky would want him & us out the league.

I'd take relegation if it meant Ashley would go within 3 months following. No doubt about it.

I'd take 3 years if it meant we had a proper owner.

But there is zero guarantee of that, in fact last time Ashley said he wanted to sell and couldn't because no one wanted to buy. Not sure that's changed, for whatever reason, I don't think we are seen as a good investment by anyone. Wasn't Hall looking to sell his stake in the club for a long time before Ashley finally came along ?

Ashley's obviously got an exit strategy in mind otherwise why would he put a time frame on when he is not prepared to sell and everything points to him taking over Rangers and dropping us. So this is the time he should be looking into what is putting off would be buyers and trying to rectify that although I suspect the biggest thing is something he can do nothing about, Geographical location.

I'd take relegation, I want my football club back I don't care what division it's in.

I'd take it, if it meant no Ashley, Pardew, SD.com, and Wonga. Clear them the f*** out. Hell I'd love Puma to cancel too. Clean slate.

And Nike to take over.

Palace's co-chairman: “I don’t think you can just aim to finish 17th because that would put the team in a precarious position."

Bloke's missing out, much more fun aiming for 17th.

If offered relegation with 100% guarantee that Ashley would sell up at a reasonable price, I think most people would take it, unfortunately such a guarantee doesn't exist.

No brainier really, however given recent reports Ashley is he'll bent on making us suffer any way he can without losing money. He's more than happy to see us suffer and prove he's got the power. Stain of a man.

Rangers: Mike Ashley bids to oust chief executive Graham Wallace

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley has called for an extraordinary meeting of Rangers shareholders to remove chief executive Graham Wallace.

Ashley, who increased his stake in Rangers International Football Club (RIFC) plc to 9% this month, also wants the removal of director Philip Nash.

The board is currently "verifying that the notice is properly constituted".

It states that, should it come to a vote, it will recommend that shareholders reject the motion.

But, if the motion is valid, it will attempt to have the notice withdrawn "in order to avoid the cost and disruption of an ad hoc general meeting particularly given the company's forthcoming annual general meeting, further details of which will be announced in due course".

Rangers announced to the Stock Exchanged that it had "received a notice dated 7 October 2014 from Mike Ashley, a director of MASH Holdings Limited ("MASH") under Section 303 of the Companies Act 2006.

"The notice states that MASH holds 4,265,000 ordinary shares of 1p each in the company amounting to 5% of the voting rights of the company.

"MASH requires the company to call a general meeting of the shareholders of the company and to put certain resolutions to shareholders for inclusion in the business at such a general meeting of the company.

"The notice puts forward resolutions for the removal of Graham Wallace and Philip Nash as directors of the company.

"The company is currently verifying that the Notice is properly constituted.

"The board is united in its support of the executive team. If the notice is valid and is not withdrawn, the directors intend to recommend that shareholders vote against the proposed resolutions."

Rangers promise a further announcement "shortly".

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29532934

Llambeezy and Kinnear are already on heading North on the M6. :lol:

Can you imagine a 8 hour car jounrey with Kinnear man!

On picking Joe up in the car

"Hi Mr Llambeezy"

"its Derek Llambias Joe, not Llambeezy"

"Sorry Eric"

And repeat for 8 hours.

Guest antz1uk

"Sandy Easdale, chairman of the football board at Rangers, has yet to make any comment about the EGM request but has previously publically stated his support for further involvement by Ashley at Ibrox.

Easdale currently holds voting rights over a shareholding block of around 26 per cent. Should that group all be in favour of axing Wallace and Nash then it would still leave Ashley seeking another 15 per cent."