Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Former Nuts deaf professional lip reader - someone my wife knew said that Ashley quoted 'yeah, yeah me too, come on then'

Unfortunately nothing like get him out!! :undecided:

Just watched it again. Spot on.

Just hope Charnley said "I wanna go fire the prick now" off camera.

Former Nuts deaf professional lip reader - someone my wife knew said that Ashley quoted 'yeah, yeah me too, come on then'

Just watched it again. Spot on.

Just hope Charnley said "I wanna go fire the prick now" off camera.

More likely "I'm hungry"

To me it looks like he says "yeah, I think me too. You can come with me"

Actually we should all just bombard her with emails, what's her address?

I just made one last plea for her to do it pro bono, promising her likely promotion in major UK papers and concluding by telling her she'll be my go-to lip reader for future transcription needs. I'll post her contact form when this doesn't work.

:lol: It worked. Sort of...

Dear Ed,

Unfortunately, after viewing your video for about two minutes, I predict there is nothing salvageable from this footage, and probably wouldn't be with a longer amount of time spent on it.

Problems with this footage are movement of camera, movement of speaker, quality of video (poor resolution/color bands), and the fact that this very short phrase is completely out of context.

Best of luck! Let me know if I can be of further help in the future.

Warmly,

Consuelo Gonzalez, LRT

Actually we should all just bombard her with emails, what's her address?

I just made one last plea for her to do it pro bono, promising her likely promotion in major UK papers and concluding by telling her she'll be my go-to lip reader for future transcription needs. I'll post her contact form when this doesn't work.

:lol: It worked. Sort of...

Dear Ed,

Unfortunately, after viewing your video for about two minutes, I predict there is nothing salvageable from this footage, and probably wouldn't be with a longer amount of time spent on it.

Problems with this footage are movement of camera, movement of speaker, quality of video (poor resolution/color bands), and the fact that this very short phrase is completely out of context.

Best of luck! Let me know if I can be of further help in the future.

Warmly,

Consuelo Gonzalez, LRT

:lol: Fair play Consuelo, I would have made some shit up.

She uses lack of evidence/technical issues fairly often.

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/lip-readers-mouth-a-rod-article-1.223352#bmb=1

Consuelo Gonzalez, a professional lip reader from Seattle, supported Rodriguez's claim, but with a caveat.

"In my opinion, the speaker is not saying any specific word, but is just shouting a sound such as 'whoa' or 'whaaa,'" Gonzalez wrote in an E-mail yesterday. "There is not enough evidence to suggest he is saying the word 'mine.'"

"Because of poor video quality," Gonzalez added, "I cannot cancel out the possibility that the speaker may have said 'mine.' "

http://www.seattleweekly.com/home/937152-129/media

So we e-mailed Consuelo Gonzalez, the first professional lip reader who shows up in a Google search.

Gonzalez's explanation, after the jump.

Dear Caleb,

Thanks for contacting me about the Ballmer/Allen video and lip reading transcription. I would categorize the video as "not suitable for lipreading transcription."

I may have contacted the Alan Pardew of the lip reading world.

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/lip-readers-mouth-a-rod-article-1.223352#bmb=1

Consuelo Gonzalez, a professional lip reader from Seattle, supported Rodriguez's claim, but with a caveat.

"In my opinion, the speaker is not saying any specific word, but is just shouting a sound such as 'whoa' or 'whaaa,'" Gonzalez wrote in an E-mail yesterday. "There is not enough evidence to suggest he is saying the word 'mine.'"

"Because of poor video quality," Gonzalez added, "I cannot cancel out the possibility that the speaker may have said 'mine.' "

So we e-mailed Consuelo Gonzalez, the first professional lip reader who shows up in a Google search.

Dear Caleb,

Thanks for contacting me about the Ballmer/Allen video and lip reading transcription. I would categorize the video as "not suitable for lipreading transcription."

:lol:

http://www.football365.com/faves/9496190/F365-Says

Football Making A Fool Of The Business Genius

By all accounts, Mike Ashley has a Midas touch when it comes to the huge success of his Sports Direct empire. But football often doesn't have time for business sense...

Last Updated: 30/09/14 at 10:17 Post Comment

Latest Articles

Time For Van Gaal's Tactical Nous To Prevail

Post comment

Injuries have afforded Louis van Gaal an excuse for Man United's slow start but, with a number of players expected to return against Everton, the manager needs a big performance...

How Much In 'Pounds Raheem Sterling'?

Post comment

A whole lot of you use footballers' names in everyday life. And you hate yourselves for it. As you should. We also have mails on Newcastle, Rooney and more...

All Articles

Mike Ashley is one of the smartest and most successful businessmen in Britain. When we talk about billionaire owners we tend to have in mind foreigners - Russians, Arabs, Malaysians - but Ashley owns 58% of Sports Direct, which has a market capitalisation of £3.8bn. Even critics call him a retail genius.

He is controversial - a short-term investment Sports Direct is making in Tesco has attracted criticism, while earlier this year shareholders voted against a bonus scheme whose terms meant he could not use his otherwise controlling stake. But he is undeniably possessed of a Midas touch when it comes to sporting goods, building one of the country's largest retailers and a personal fortune that makes the mind boggle. He got over the nixing of that bonus scheme by turning two million pounds' worth of shares into cash.

And yet, Newcastle United.

With the side off the bottom only on goals scored, after two troubling seasons since finishing fifth in 2012, it is no wonder that supporters want his head. Whether or not Stoke fans were right to join in and sing that Alan Pardew is getting sacked in the morning - it might be the afternoon, or the axe may not fall at all just yet - the Newcastle owner has a decision to make. And it is quite possible that the retail genius will make the wrong one.

What is especially remarkable is the ability of too many who have passed through St James' Park to create crises out of nothing. This summer's transfer business was sufficiently promising that the odds on Pardew being the first manager out of his job doubled across the course of July. But the failure to reintegrate Hatem Ben Arfa, sending him to Hull instead, left the club short of creativity and opened up a fresh front in the war between the supporters and the club that has been going on at least since Kevin Keegan's second resignation.

Bringing in Joe Kinnear once was bizarre enough, likewise Dennis Wise. Yet Kinnear, who went down worse than Alex Salmond at the Tory conference the first time around, was hired for a repeat performance. Then Pardew - having won his battle over Kinnear and got away with celebrating via a headbutt - has contrived to throw it all away.

Ashley himself put both feet in his mouth with his joke about the manager being sacked if he lost at Stoke, but the blunder was entirely in character. The naming rights fiasco, the treatment of Alan Shearer, the whole cockney mafia thing - even the high point of the Ashley era, the fifth-place finish of 2012, was turned into a curse by the hasty award of an eight-year contract for Pardew a few months later. Whatever the terms of that deal, whatever the get-out clause, it was a ridiculous act.

And yet, Sports Direct.

God knows how it will all work out for Pardew in the next few hours and days, all we can know for certain is that whatever happens Newcastle will be back in bad ordure in remarkably short order. It's what they do, it's what Ashley does.

But at least, if you search hard enough for a moral here, you can see one important truth. If football were just a business then the business genius would be good at it. Instead, such is the complexity and paradoxical hold of the game that even the billionaire is never far from his next blunder.

Philip Cornwall

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/just-what-mike-ashley-say-7857316?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

According to lip reader Marianne Frere, who has previously translated the 2006 World Cup final incident between Marco Materazzi and Zinedine Zidane, Ashley said: “Yes. Definitely. Yes. I’m seeing him now.”

Marianne Frere > Consuelo Gonzalez

Dear Caleb,

She's a fucking fraud :lol:

http://preview.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/ashley-will-not-bow-to-fans-pressure/ar-BB6xwWR

Ashley will not bow to fans' pressure

The Telegraph

Luke Edwards 1 hour ago

Alan Pardew is expected to remain as Newcastle United manager, even if the team lose again at Swansea City on Saturday as owner Mike Ashley stubbornly refuses to be forced into a decision by angry supporters.

Ashley indicated to those close to him earlier this month that Pardew would be given until Christmas to improve the team's results and the unpleasant scenes during the 1-0 defeat at Stoke City on Monday night have not changed his mind.

Privately, the club's media department are briefing that Pardew is safe and that he will still be in charge at Swansea on Saturday, even though they realise the calls from supporters for him to be sacked will not stop in the short or medium term.

Although the majority of chants from the away fans at Stoke were calling for Pardew's head, there were also plenty of anti-Ashley sentiments expressed on bed sheets and in songs, something which has also strengthened the owner's resolve not to do anything that suggests the supporters are going to get their way.

It is a horrible division between those who run the club and those who follow it, which is souring everything to do with the club.

However, there has been no public backing for Pardew from Ashley and it is understood he is weighing up the situation carefully, which has included pondering potential replacements should he decide to put Pardew out of his misery.

For the first time at the Britannia Stadium, Pardew conceded he was finding it tough to cope with the constant abuse from Newcastle supporters at away games and admitted there is a "big question mark" about his future in a job he has held for almost four years on Tyneside.

Although Ashley is determined to resist calls to sack Pardew, he is alarmed by the winless start to the season and wants to see signs of improvement. If the team remain in the relegation zone in November, he is likely to act.

Indeed, should the team lose badly at Swansea, he will use the international break to discuss Pardew's future with him again as he is aware he will have more time to talk to possible replacements should they agree to part company.

Pardew is appreciative of the support he is being shown, although there is also a suspicion the two men are involved in a compensation stand-off.

Ashley does not want to pay his manager off as he has six years left on his contract, while as hard as he is finding things, Pardew will not quit as he knows he is entitled to a large compensation package.

Wait until Christmas? Ashley would have to buy Ronaldo, Messi, Bale, etc in January to stop us being relegated if he waits until after Christmas to replace Pardew.