Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

They might not go up this season - a long way behind Hearts and may well be in the playoffs. Want them to fail now so Ashley loses his money.

Then it might take longer for him to want to do a full takeover, which may not be a good thing for us.

The comeptitive needs of Newcastle in the premiership are far different to that of Rangers.

His tight arse policy might work up there, since the old firm have been run on a budget for years anyway.

The financial rewards in the Premier League are far different to that of the SPL though, surely there's a reason Rangers were in such trouble financially.

Given it'll be far easier for them to get into the Champions League than us, it wouldn't take a huge investment to get them to level where they can get into the Group Stages and he can sell his wonderful Sondico and Slazenger brands all over Europe. I think he'll be better for them than he has been for us.

Especially considering the absurd wankers who have been running Rangers for the past however many years.

It'll be far easier to get them into the qualifiers, far more to get them to the group stages though.  Lets hope Ashley (please die fat cunt) disagrees, but personally I can't see them getting him more exposure for his money,

Even if they made the group stages there's no way he'd get more exposure for his tat shop in those 6 games than in the PL.  Neutral fans aren't going to tune in to watch Rangers unless they're up against one of the really big guns so that cuts it down even further.  Not to mention the CL exposure over in asia is virtually non existent due to the time zones (don't know what it's like for the US).

Agreed, I don't think the CL is on his radar re: Rangers at all.

It's not that easy to qualify now in Scotland, as Celtic have discovered, it's worth a fraction of the Premier League money and he's not even allowed to advertise without being an approved CL sponsor anyway. Mind, add that to the fact that Rangers' global fanbase will continue to deplete rapidly in the future given how much Scottish football has declined in the last 10 years and it's hard to see where he thinks there is much value there.

It was typically the case when Rangers were in the SPL that sponsors would aid both Rangers and Celtic to avoid one side of the fanbase avoiding their stores. Thought it must be the case that SD have no presence in the Republic of Ireland and it looks like that's correct from a search on their website, he'd not be getting involved otherwise.

Sports Direct are in ROI, they trade under Sports World for some reason. Same shitty store, same shitty logo.

It used to be sports world in Scotland too then changed to sports direct

Reading a Rangers forum there, I hope he f***ing pulls them to pieces.

'Deluded Geordie muppets, don't know their place'

Oh we know our place, its part of the Sports Direct Trading Empire.  Come join us deluded Rangers fans, it'll be fun! :lol: :lol:

Reading a Rangers forum there, I hope he fucking pulls them to pieces.

It's pretty glorious. His shitty ownership is long documented but of course things will be different because they're the mighty Glasgow Rangers, the biggest club in the world!

Reading a Rangers forum there, I hope he fucking pulls them to pieces.

It's pretty glorious. His shitty ownership is long documented but of course things will be different because they're the mighty Glasgow Rangers, the biggest club in the world!

To be fair, it seems like they have the same issues as us.  For every article where there's Rangers fans picketing his stores or holding up signs telling him to fuck off, there's comments from other fans about how embarrassing it is to protest, is who cares if they rename the stadium, he'll make us financially stable, this is just modern football etc etc.