Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Sorry yeah - it did look a bit random, I suppose. I was just reading about what they pulled when Keegan was in post, and

the same tunes are being played now.

The difference is that now there seems to be a slow acceptance amongst media and fans that Ashley is a t***.

Personally I'd love to see some 'Boycott Sports direct' flags taken into SJP this season - I'm amazed that's a tactic which hasn't been used so far.

The world would probably just see it as another advert and assume that Sir Geoffrey had given his support to the brand.

Don't remember actually seeing this at the time (article is from last week):

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/revealed-newcastle-s-premier-league-bonus-offer-to-players-1-8733852

Newcastle United’s squad has been offered a bonus scheme by the club – but the players haven’t yet signed up for it.

The Gazette reported earlier this month that the players were still in talks with the club over this season’s bonus sheet.

Newcastle have now made an offer to Rafa Benitez’s squad.

The players will share £1million if they finish 17th – one place above the relegation zone – in the Premier League this season.

And the proposed bonus, which is being considered by the squad, will increase by £1million per league place.

Last season, each league position was worth £1.9million in prize money alone.

Watford earned £7.6million for finishing 17th, while champions Chelsea banked £38million in merit-based money. Basement club Sunderland pocketed £1.9million.

United’s squad are aware that other Premier League squads stand to net significantly more for staying up this season.

Newcastle’s players – who shared a multi-million pound pot after winning promotion from the Championship last season – had been looking for a bonus sheet in line with the club’s top-flight rivals.

Seems pretty obvious that they've rejected that, and this £20m wank is Ashley's counter-offer. What a joke. :lol:

Urgh, what an absolute c***. Such an odious w*****. Praying a takeover just materialises out of nowhere in the not so distant future.

There isnt a takeover mate.. its all bullshit.

Ashley is just trying to offer a high FA cup bonus so he can offer lower Premier League finish bonus, while trying to give a big f*** you to Benitez.

He knows fine well we dont have the squad for it.

Urgh, what an absolute c***. Such an odious w*****. Praying a takeover just materialises out of nowhere in the not so distant future.

There isnt a takeover mate.. its all bullshit.

Ashley is just trying to offer a high FA cup bonus so he can offer lower Premier League finish bonus, while trying to give a big f*** you to Benitez.

He knows fine well we dont have the squad for it.

Hopefully it backfires by us staying up and somehow winning the FA Cup.