Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

If Rafa thinks to himself, my we could really be something with some proper investment...finally gets some movement that Ashley will sell, talks to a broker/investment person he knows that has tried this before and has access to capital/capital funds/buyers, woos them, then works out a way to get Mike paid and happy and get the club sold to someone who will invest into his "project" .... well, that's some all-time legendary status for me, like.

It would be one of the single greatest things anyone has ever done for the club imo. I can barely comprehend how fucking amazing it would be. :lol:

Rafa having a hand in outsting the fat cunt, however unlikely, would be one of the most amazing (and hilarious) things ever :lol:

Man, we should build a statue of him made from gold if Rafa has a hand in ousting Ashley :lol:

Better not be false hope. :lol:

Still, even if we got taken over by a sheikh with this woman's help and we signed either Aubameyang, Icardi, Lemar, Dybala, Asensio or Isco, bet still none of them would get in the team ahead of fucking Perez.

If Rafa thinks to himself, my we could really be something with some proper investment...finally gets some movement that Ashley will sell, talks to a broker/investment person he knows that has tried this before and has access to capital/capital funds/buyers, woos them, then works out a way to get Mike paid and happy and get the club sold to someone who will invest into his "project" .... well, that's some all-time legendary status for me, like.

It would be one of the single greatest things anyone has ever done for the club imo. I can barely comprehend how f***ing amazing it would be. :lol:

Agreed, not just this club. For any club imo.

Always thought though, as a parting shot at the fanbase (and dropping a gigantic turd on the city also), that Ashley would sell to a hedge fund consortium. If two groups met his asking price, one an investor with deep pockets & ambition, the other a hedge fund, I could see Ashley (this troll) dishing out one last kick to the bollocks.

Rafa's cheeky grin when questioned about it comforts me in the knowledge he has got this covered. He knows

Agreed - it's what I've been saying - I think Rafa is upto something. :smitten:

Sounds like a dig at Rafa that.

Nar, love Rafa me. Perez must have his nudes or something though.

It fuckin is :lol:

In all seriousness, that woman wouldn't have been there yesterday if there wasn't something in it; Caulkin has said there's something bubbling but nothing official as of yet. Rafa also looked far too happy in the post match interview when asked about it as well. Just praying it doesn't go silent and we don't hear about anything of it ever again. :lol:

Sounds like a dig at Rafa that.

Nar, love Rafa me. Perez must have his nudes or something though.

It fuckin is :lol:

In all seriousness, that woman wouldn't have been there yesterday if there wasn't something in it; Caulkin has said there's something bubbling but nothing official as of yet. Rafa also looked far too happy in the post match interview when asked about it as well. Just praying it doesn't go silent and we don't hear about anything of it ever again. :lol:

Mag in peace appeasing them again, must be a horrible existence.

Must be one of them.....

255c3d0c1c1c28eb4ce6a984c7b63ca1.jpg

All the signs are that we are some way away from Ashley actually relinquishing control. There have been talks with interested parties but no concrete offers yet. So it feels like it’s still some way off – although one source close to the proceedings reckoned it was the start of a “long goodbye” from Ashley. Whether that means months or even years is not clear – but it feels like the former rather than the latter this time.

The one development of note is that several interested parties have now signed Non Disclosure Agreements (NDA). This means that the potential investors are being granted access to confidential business information that they are prohibited by law from sharing with third parties (most notably the media). This is a step up from merely talking about a deal and is intended to see how serious either party is about a sale.

At least one of those groups who have signed an NDA is trying to source interest from China in the deal.

How significant is it that Non Disclosure Agreements have been signed?

It has happened at football clubs before and led to nothing. But it’s a sign that the interest is serious

Scepticism about Ashley’s motives, Newcastle’s future direction and the way the club tries to guide the narrative have led many to doubt what’s being reported about the takeover. And you have to say that the sceptical ones have usually been proved right when it comes to Ashley.

And Newcastle’s geographical position, price and the difficulty of actually dealing with Ashley (previously interested parties have spoken of him or his team moving the goalposts during discussions) mean it may be a protracted process.

But when I reported on Friday that there was one group who had signed an NDA, it did not come from the club. The club were also keen to point out that last week’s reports in the Times about Ashley lowering his price did not come from them

It depends what you view as significant. Staveley is a financier who works with very rich Middle East businessmen on acquisitions – and she’s let it be known that she is looking to get involved in Premier League football. She wanted to broker a takeover for Liverpool – the club she supports – and has made two attempts to do so.

According to the Telegraph, Staveley is understood to be “a big fan of both clubs".

The club said that yesterday’s visit was because she wanted to take the Reds game in and is friends with Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish and stressed there were no talks with anyone at Newcastle about a takeover planned. She’s not actively engaged in anything with regards to United at the moment.

But it did feel as if it may be the catalyst for something. For a start, she was walked down the player’s tunnel by someone with Newcastle links who is close to Benitez. And there was technicolour proof for her on Sunday of Newcastle’s potential: a full crowd, a fantastic atmosphere and a world-class manager are exactly the kind of ingredients that someone looking to buy into a club with potential would be interested in. If she was feeding that information back to potential investors, it won’t have dimmed their enthusiasm to look at Newcastle.

She was accompanied by David Bick, a “seasoned PR man” who is also a football finance operative and was reported last year to be in the “throes of several football takeovers”.

So what is Justin Barnes actually doing at Newcastle?

It was one of 13 questions the Chronicle put to Newcastle which are yet to be answered by the club. Barnes is an abrasive lawyer who is now working alongside managing director Lee Charnley and is keeping a tight rein on spending at the club. It would be helpful to know who has the final say on club matters now: him or Charnley. What is certain is that his presence was a significant complicating factor in both of the last two transfer windows according to sources at the club. If United are in a process of cost controlling to prepare for a buyer, he is the man driving that agenda.

The fact that someone wielding such power and influence at the club has never been officially acknowledged by them is problematic. But if it’s a means to an end – and the end is selling the club – it may be worth it.

From the Chronicle. Bit in bold is interesting. There is more but that is the main part, couldnt be arsed to copy the rest.

Maybe there were no intentions pre-match but I reckon something's happening.

If she was only there as a guest a powerful woman with middle East money who has previously been involved in the buying of football clubs, attending a game at a club that is up for sale can't hurt. Maybe 2+2 will equal 4.

Again wouldn’t read into Douglas’ tweet.

She’s done plenty of interviews.. she’s no Mike Ashley when it comes to being elusive.

She could literally be playing the media and in turn Liverpool or Spurs by making everyone think someone is in for us and therefore spurring them into some sort of decision.

When something seems too good to be true... bear that in mind.

Again wouldn’t read into Douglas’ tweet.

She’s done plenty of interviews.. she’s no Mike Ashley when it comes to being elusive.

She could literally be playing the media and in turn Liverpool or Spurs by making everyone think someone is in for us and therefore spurring them into some sort of decision.

When something seems too good to be true... bear that in mind.

I’m sure Rafa would allow us to be played like that.

Maybe there were no intentions pre-match but I reckon something's happening.

This is where I'm at too. No idea what specifically is happening but there's too much noise. I'm ready to run the takeover bath at any moment.