Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

What a load of nonsense from the Chronicle. The comment reflects the total net amount spent on transfers in the period from the balance sheet date to the date of the accounts (April 2016 to September 17). Now £80m net spend sounds high, but it's worth remembering how many of those fees now quoted as gospel were ever officially confirmed by either party.

What a load of nonsense from the Chronicle. The comment reflects the total net amount spent on transfers in the period from the balance sheet date to the date of the accounts (April 2016 to September 17). Now £80m net spend sounds high, but it's worth remembering how many of those fees now quoted as gospel were ever officially confirmed by either party.

It could be the net cash outlay as the Sissoko and Wijnaldum cash will be coming in over 3-4 years. Those two were £55m together, if we only 25% of the cash then it’s only £14m. That’s a cash deficit of £41m plus incoming transfers, I could see it being close to £80m. Of course it’s just typical of the way the club and Ashley dress things up.

Thanks for posting because I love going onto the Chronicle website and if you really dig deep inside the adverts and read the story that is so expertly written it tells you the grand total of fuck all.

Tbf I tried copying and pasting but 1, fucked my phone up trying to select all the txt and 2 I'm at work so tough shit :D

Thanks for posting because I love going onto the Chronicle website and if you really dig deep inside the adverts and read the story that is so expertly written it tells you the grand total of f*** all.

Tbf I tried copying and pasting but 1, f***ed my phone up trying to select all the txt and 2 I'm at work so tough s*** :D

:lol:

Scepticism is usually a healthy response when it comes to boardroom talk at Newcastle but this week I learned of one consortium based in China that has signed a non-disclosure agreement with United as it seeks to put together an offer that will entice Ashley to part with the club.

The agreement is intended to keep things as quiet as possible but it is step forward from the expressions of interest that prompted Ashley’s advisors to engage in their fishing expedition for possible investors at the start of the summer following promotion fromthe Championship. The people involved are serious characters who have links in the Far East.

Serious characters huh

Scepticism is usually a healthy response when it comes to boardroom talk at Newcastle but this week I learned of one consortium based in China that has signed a non-disclosure agreement with United as it seeks to put together an offer that will entice Ashley to part with the club.

The agreement is intended to keep things as quiet as possible but it is step forward from the expressions of interest that prompted Ashley’s advisors to engage in their fishing expedition for possible investors at the start of the summer following promotion fromthe Championship. The people involved are serious characters who have links in the Far East.

Serious characters huh

Ive heard its the bad guys from Big Trouble in Little China.