Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Seriously, it's been revealing to see how badly he dealt with questioning under intense pressure. Not what I expected at all.

I expected him to have a bit of a Del Boy about him - I think he's more than matched those expectations. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pretty rare to hear the 'it may have outgrown me' line from someone in his position, but it's a fair call, and it's led to his company repeatedly shitting on his shop floor/Shiremoor staff.

A refreshing and apparently genuine if limited character, but fuck him for ducking the Newcastle questions. :knuppel2:

Seriously, it's been revealing to see how badly he dealt with questioning under intense pressure. Not what I expected at all.

They actually went quite easy on him IMO, due in no small part to how utterly incompetent he obviously is as the leader of such a business.

They actually went quite easy on him IMO, due in no small part to how utterly incompetent he obviously is as the leader of such a business.

Actually, you're right. It wasn't intense pressure. Just pressured. And yet he was gibbering away in a rather amateurish fashion letting loose all sorts of comments such as you'd expect someone to do when floundering in an interview. EH just came across as spectacularly inept, really.

I'm coming away from watching that session with a sense of a man who's more like Jack (of Jack & The Beanstalk) at the point where he doesn't really understand why his beanstalk has grown so huge.

Pretty rare to hear the 'it may have outgrown me' line from someone in his position, but it's a fair call, and it's led to his company repeatedly shitting on his shop floor/Shiremoor staff.

A refreshing and apparently genuine if limited character, but fuck him for ducking the Newcastle questions. :knuppel2:

It's got 'too big' to manage because he doesn't care about the staff. If he gave a shit in the past he would make it his business to find out what was going on.

I think what Ashley has done is just use the Hitler model, for Sports Direct. He installs himself in an ivory tower at the top - he than appoints subordinates (probably yes men, for him) - lets them run the business, seeing who can **** each other over, or their employees in return for the biggest investment for the shareholders (ie Ashley)

Someone said earlier that had it not been for his purchase of NUFC, this wouldn't have gotten the attention that it has - I fully agree. It's come back to bite him on the arse big time, when stories of malpractice and ill treatment have started to come out.  His 'monster' has grown beyond his control.

Also interesting to see that he clearly has no time for Union involvement. 200 years ago, he would have owned a fucking cotton mill and been employing children. In a nutshell.

I think what Ashley has done is just use the Hitler model, for Sports Direct. He installs himself in an ivory tower at the top - he than appoints subordinates (probably yes men, for him) - lets them run the business, seeing who can **** each other over, or their employees in return for the biggest investment for the shareholders (ie Ashley)

Someone said earlier that had it not been for his purchase of NUFC, this wouldn't have gotten the attention that it has - I fully agree. It's come back to bite him on the arse big time, when stories of malpractice and ill treatment have started to come out.  His 'monster' has grown beyond his control.

Also interesting to see that he clearly has no time for Union involvement. 200 years ago, he would have owned a fucking cotton mill and been employing children. In a nutshell.

Funny because I thought of the "Hitler", comparison too. Everyone doing what he wants, without him explicitly saying it.

I'd like to hear from some of his minions mind. Reckon one of them would drop him in it.

Guest chopey

I watched the whole thing from the start. The union blokes were very well informed and spoke really clearly and structured, the agency people were absolute wankers and will be licking their wounds tonight and Ashley came across as a bloke that was out of his depth and his company had grown around him to the extent that he has lost control which is a bit strange considering how much of his time he is suppose to spend there.

Guest The Little Waster

Posters btl in the Guardian are now calling for a boycott of his stores ? The fat cunt