Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

The fact that both sides have felt the need to come out and state their case in public is exactly why most of us with eyes are concerned. This wouldn't be happening if all was well, and it's laughable that this needs pointing out. Be more positive ffs. :rolleyes:

The fact that both sides have felt the need to come out and state their case in public is exactly why most of us with eyes are concerned. This wouldn't be happening if all was well, and it's laughable that this needs pointing out. Be more positive ffs. :rolleyes:

Spot on

So we've been shite before for a longtime, progressed a bit so shouldn't really be so bothered when someone comes along and completely disregards that because he can? Ashley doesn't care about any history or heritage. It's not even about winning, losing or position. It's the principle of merely thinking small time because it makes Ashley's life easier. No thanks.

I don't prefer any reckless, 'geordie nation' rot like we had before either but like I said it isn't related to history or heritage. I suppose he has a stay of execution in terms of good will as long as he keeps Rafa on side but he's making difficult work of that. Really it will truly tell at the end of the season and if and when an amount of PL comes in. He clearly wants it in the bank which I suppose has merit but it's risky to say the least. I'm not happy about yesterday's comments mind and it has fuck all to do with entitlement and I'm very much a 1992'er.

Guest neesy111

Last night's game also shows in an attacking sense we are well behind most of the PL imo, hence the need for investment in the playing squad.

Right now should be the most positive period in the entire Ashley tenure, perhaps aside from when he first bought the club or that fleeting period where it looked like we might actually build on a 5th place finish (a concept soon smashed down). We have a great manager dragging the club into shape on and off the pitch and everyone is behind him.

The stink of incompetence, deceit and wasted opportunity that's hung over the club for about the last ten years is the problem and has always been the problem, not any lack of positivity on an internet forum. They've done it time and time again and there are still people queuing up to try and deflect the blame for our underachievement and worse, I really don't understand it.

More and more every day NUFC is an acronym for no use fucking crying.

I first attended games in my teens in the dark days of the late 80s when things were bleak.

We had the roller coaster 90s where we were able to far exceed expectations and the golden years of Robson where we again exceeded expectations.

Ashley has proven to be bad for us. He's struck gold in persuading Rafa to join in the first place, and sadly all of Ashley's chickens are coming home to roost after years of mismanagement. Players on wages that they wouldn't get anywhere else because they're dogshit and now we have to wait until their contracts run down or wait until someone is mad enough to take a chance on them.

Thing is, and I hate to say it but the snippets we've seen from Ashley's interview are right. We got promoted from the Championship by pretty much sustaining a Premier League operating model. We've probably now got a couple of years "transition" where we get rid of the deadwood and get back on a more level playing field with the rest of the division.

And anyone who doesn't think Rafa knows this is crackers. Yes I think he probably thought there would be more cash and it doesn't help that Penfold is inept but he sees it as a project. I do reckon the problem is more to do with the wage bill than anything else though.

Time to leave the bedwetting a few weeks. Get the transfer deadline out the way, see what we have then. For what it's worth I think we will be fine this season. Hopefully we will then kick on.....

Right now should be the most positive period in the entire Ashley tenure, perhaps aside from when he first bought the club or that fleeting period where it looked like we might actually build on a 5th place finish (a concept soon smashed down). We have a great manager dragging the club into shape on and off the pitch and everyone is behind him.

The stink of incompetence, deceit and wasted opportunity that's hung over the club for about the last ten years is the problem and has always been the problem, not any lack of positivity on an internet forum.

roy_walker-1-200-200-85-crop.jpg

We are not entitled to be pushing into the top fours' noses.

Alreet Mike?

Entitlement: believing that we're inherently deserving of something as a right, our special privilege.

Alreet Pards?

Who believes that we be "pushing into the top fours' noses"?

Guest neesy111

Alreet Mike?

Entitlement: believing that we're inherently deserving of something as a right, our special privilege.

Alreet Pards?

I'll be happy if we finish 15th.

More and more every day NUFC is an acronym for no use fucking crying.

I first attended games in my teens in the dark days of the late 80s when things were bleak.

We had the roller coaster 90s where we were able to far exceed expectations and the golden years of Robson where we again exceeded expectations.

Ashley has proven to be bad for us. He's struck gold in persuading Rafa to join in the first place, and sadly all of Ashley's chickens are coming home to roost after years of mismanagement. Players on wages that they wouldn't get anywhere else because they're dogshit and now we have to wait until their contracts run down or wait until someone is mad enough to take a chance on them.

Thing is, and I hate to say it but the snippets we've seen from Ashley's interview are right. We got promoted from the Championship by pretty much sustaining a Premier League operating model. We've probably now got a couple of years "transition" where we get rid of the deadwood and get back on a more level playing field with the rest of the division.

And anyone who doesn't think Rafa knows this is crackers. Yes I think he probably thought there would be more cash and it doesn't help that Penfold is inept but he sees it as a project. I do reckon the problem is more to do with the wage bill than anything else though.

Time to leave the bedwetting a few weeks. Get the transfer deadline out the way, see what we have then. For what it's worth I think we will be fine this season. Hopefully we will then kick on.....

Give over with this.  We're not Arsenal fans. Too much using the language of the enemy - entitlement, expectation, Let's talk decency, responsibility and putting the club first. FWIW I agree that Rafa is under no illusions at this point, but ultimately this 'we're Newcastle United ffs' rhetoric won't sit well with him imo.

yeah ashley doing that yesterday has tipped the scales imo, had he kept his fucking wretched mouth shut there was the hope things might have been ok but he's gone there to send a power message to rafa about who the boss is

won't end well now

Worn down by Ashley. Ashley lowering expectations. Is it an age thing, or an entitlement thing? Does anybody  really think Fat Mike has brainwashed the more recent generation?  How do you reconcile the rest of our history in living memory?to my mind,  we had a great promotion season with Keegan. Then we had hope and shared values and a sense (by and large/with moaning exceptions) of something building. We looked good for a year, equalled a record by finishing third. There was something coming, something we could be proud of. It amounted to one season where we looked like the best side in the country. We were setting records building/filling huge stands. Cranking up debt. The next season, looked good on paper; never really in it on grass (Barca excluded). Even with the slight Robson Renaissance, that is it. We are not entitled to be pushing into the top fours' noses. Five years out of 25 years, if you're a 92er, sounds a reasonable proportion of time to be in and around the top. Would be lovely to be there again. But add the previous 25 years and we have over 50 years with 5 of them top four bothering. 11 of them in a lower league. When Ashley says we are Newcastle  United  (with self/club depreciating undertones) why are we chucking toys out left right and centre?  Other than it is him, saying anything (other than here is some cash/gift/loan). I get ambition. I get pride. Growing up I never had expectations we would beat everyone or even play at the top level but I wouldn't be out sung and I wouldn't run away. Basically the things I could control I would try to, in support of the team. The city.  No point fretting over stuff we can't control. Times have been much worse.

I completely disagree with the bit in bold but using this logic, shouldn't we be saying the same thing about Southampton and us? Burnley and us? Brighton and us? Bournemouth and us? We're the 7th or 8th richest club in the league, those clubs should not be 'entitled' to rival us then?

Alreet Mike?

Alreet Pards?

I'll be happy if we finish 15th.

I'd be happy with top ten and content with 15th. I can recall being delighted with Keegan's vision, drive and reaching for the stars; not settling for 'consolidation' type rhetoric. But now that is exactly what we need to have in mind. Consolidating. Balancing the books, reaching but not tipping over. With that in mind other than it being him saying it, and how disaffected most are with him, what has Ashley actually said that is so toxic? If it isn't what he has said and is more the function of it (power play with the media/countering Rafa's recent interviews) then I get the anxiety but don't personally see it as a threat to Rafa's tenure. I would prefer it if the two of them had a closer 'from the same hymn sheet' approach to media releases, but that said I am also pleased that Ashley has by all accounts pulled out of day to day involvement/decision making in the club. Meaning they don't really have a relationship, working or otherwise. So guess we can't have it both ways.

Well for a start Charnley wouldn't know his own opinion if it gave him a haircut and so is an extension of Ashley's involvement; he's only stepped back in the sense he's told us that. When he says  'we're not Man City or competing with countries' it completely misses what anyone is getting at. Use the clubs own money available fine, realise that it will take (more) time; okay, it's first season back let's consolidate - but the tone is such that he seems to genuinely believe 'We're Newcastle United ffs' is the bottom line and that's the only way of looking at it. Those two extremes. Whether he is inarticulate moron or a calculating mastermind is by the by.

It's an horrendous way to undermine all the positive stuff Rafa has said so far about backing the team and biding our time as part of a project. Smacks of a complete lack of cohesion and co-operation at the top which precedent unfortunately shows one outcome with these dickheads. I'm very much trying to avoid second-guessing Rafa as I take him at his word but Ashley is nothing but a wrecking ball when it comes to pretty much anything.

Forget Keegan, Shepherd et al. at this juncture - it's all about working together to create positivity and drive the club forward. None of what he said was constructive yesterday, however 'honest' it is.

:thup: to a lot of what's already been said.

It's not what he's said specifically; it's the fact he feels the need to come out and spout it. For such a recluse that wants to take a step back from the footballing operation, he still seems to want to stick his big fat face into it a whole lot.

How you can have watched the last ten years and go 'fuck it, at least we've got Rafa' is beyond me. Because with the way they're operating we won't have him much longer.

Never understood the idea that we're not supposed to want a stable, cohesive football club to support just because it was worse a few decades ago. The fleeting moments of hope and joy this club has given under the likes of Keegan and Robson surely makes this amateur hour even more infuriating when you know what it is capable of?

'The fleeting moments of hope and joy this club has given under the likes of Keegan and Robson surely makes this amateur hour even more infuriating when you know what it is capable of?'

Say this Wormy and the pendulum immediately swings the other way to the Ashley sentiment of 'WTF do you want Man City ©' (copyright of the Regime) It's ludicrous. I'd like to remember the older times as a different era and focus on moving forward but any degree of foresight suggests that bedlam is never far enough away.

Guest Howaythetoon

He doesn't have the balls to face Rafa himself so goes on Sky to basically confront things which Rafa has issues with. The man is a complete and utter bellend, a total and utter embarrassment of a man. I bet he doesn't have one genuine friend.

He doesn't have the balls to face Rafa himself so goes on Sky to basically confront things which Rafa has issues with. The man is a complete and utter bellend, a total and utter embarrassment of a man. I bet he doesn't have one genuine friend.

:thup:

Last night's game also shows in an attacking sense we are well behind most of the PL imo, hence the need for investment in the playing squad.

Vardy and co cost peanuts though? If the approach is right from everybody then theres no reason you cant compete.

I agree we are still a striker imo short of being stronger though

Just this leech...

cuarto.png

photo web hosting

:lol: Has anyone ever seen the back of Charnley's cue ball heed? Might be a Quirrell situation.