Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

There was a poster on RTG who claimed to be a friend with somebody who is a friend of Ashley. Apparently Ashley let slip to this friend, while on a helicopter ride, that a deal has already been done.

But yes, bored bored bored.

:lol::lol:

Okay, so what would turn Newcastle fans off of Staveley (and Al Maktoum)?

He owns a place in Blanchland, my favorite place, so nowt for me, I would also like to see Ashley as the owner of SAFC I think its a good fit.

I know these things take time, but am I the only one already sick of waiting? :lol: Especially when knowing it'll probably be a quiet period for a few weeks, maybe months.

Impatience has definitely started to kick in, not so much about the deal being done but the silence is deafening, just want some juicy gossip to keep me going!

He owns a place in Blanchland, my favorite place, so nowt for me, I would also like to see Ashley as the owner of SAFC I think its a good fit.

Ashley and Pardew, back in the premiership, happy to tread water, happy to take a spanking off us twice a season, that'll do.

Ashley and Pardew, back in the premiership, happy to tread water, happy to take a spanking off us twice a season, that'll do.

It would be music to my ears when those immortal words came from their mouths “we can’t compete with a sovereign state like Noocarsel”. Imagine the meltdown on Ready to Groom 😂😂😂

Nothing really unless they were into the slave trade or something, ive had enough of Ashley. 

Ashley pretty much is now, so slave trade away IYAM.

If she couldn't cook.

My missus used to watch The Good Wife. Not once did I see that lawyer lady ever iron a shirt or do some hoovering.

Nothing really unless they were into the slave trade or something, ive had enough of Ashley.   

Well, our current owner does seem to have his employees working under slave like conditions.  So it is going to probably be an upgrade and we'll all just ignore the human rights violations and arms deals :lol:

As for the reeks of money.  Well, that's a good thing, no?  I reckon Ashley reeks of Pukka Pies and Carling.

It all seems very quiet on this front, though I know whilst the due diligence process is going on that'll be the case.

What I find interesting is everyone seems to be so obsessed with Staveley/PCP that we've forgotten there's another four interested parties (if we believe what we read) who've also signed NDA's and are carrying out due diligence. I know this is because she's the only one we know for sure is interested, but I do find it a bit odd no journalist or business insider seems to have a scooby who the others are! Other than one or more of them may be Chinese.

I bet there are two interested parties, at a push. Convinced that Mike Ashley is behind the, "loads of people interested", craic. Makes complete sense for him to add some made up competition in order to get a higher price.

It all seems very quiet on this front, though I know whilst the due diligence process is going on that'll be the case.

What I find interesting is everyone seems to be so obsessed with Staveley/PCP that we've forgotten there's another four interested parties (if we believe what we read) who've also signed NDA's and are carrying out due diligence. I know this is because she's the only one we know for sure are interested, but I do find it a bit odd no journalist or business insider seems to have a scooby who the others are! Other than one or more of them may be Chinese.

How can you get excited by someone you have no idea who they are? Rumours are they are consortiums, some Chinese which may not even be given the go ahead to purchase us from their own country.

With Amanda Staveley we know more about her, and we know about her links and previous bids for clubs which suggests that it could the same or similar type of people who’s backing her to buy us.

As for the press thing, we only know about Amanda’s interest because she was pointed out to the press at the Liverpool game, she had been previously before but the press didn’t recognise her. Had it not been for this we would likely have not known of her interest, and Ashley may not have publically put the club up for sale.

TLDR? Putting a face/name behind a bidder allows us to get more excited.

What I find interesting is everyone seems to be so obsessed with Staveley/PCP that we've forgotten there's another four interested parties (if we believe what we read) who've also signed NDA's and are carrying out due diligence. I know this is because she's the only one we know for sure is interested, but I do find it a bit odd no journalist or business insider seems to have a scooby who the others are! Other than one or more of them may be Chinese.

:thup: you'd imagine it'd be quiet for a few weeks whilst the due diligence is carried out. Douglas said yesterday that one other (not PCP) of the four/five interested parties are believed to be from the Middle East, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

What I find interesting is everyone seems to be so obsessed with Staveley/PCP that we've forgotten there's another four interested parties (if we believe what we read) who've also signed NDA's and are carrying out due diligence. I know this is because she's the only one we know for sure are interested, but I do find it a bit odd no journalist or business insider seems to have a scooby who the others are! Other than one or more of them may be Chinese.

How can you get excited by someone you have no idea who they are? Rumours are they are consortiums, some Chinese which may not even be given the go ahead to purchase us from their own country.

With Amanda Staveley we know more about her, and we know about her links and previous bids for clubs which suggests that it could the same or similar type of people who’s backing her to buy us.

As for the press thing, we only know about Amanda’s interest because she was pointed out to the press at the Liverpool game, she had been previously before but the press didn’t recognise her. Had it not been for this we would likely have not known of her interest, and Ashley may not have publically put the club up for sale.

TLDR? Putting a face/name behind a bidder allows us to get more excited.

Yeah, I get that with PCP. I'm just very intrigued as to who the others are. It seems a little odd to me there hasn't been any rumblings, usually with these sorts of things there's huge speculation surrounding interested parties.

http://www.atimes.com/article/china-cools-foreign-football-investments/

"China cools on foreign football investments

Country's foreign exchange head is latest to question Chinese acquisitions of mainly European football clubs, suggests they are a cover for moving assets out."

I thought this was known anyway? which is why most people assume that the investment from PCP is Middle East based.

http://www.atimes.com/article/china-cools-foreign-football-investments/

"China cools on foreign football investments

Country's foreign exchange head is latest to question Chinese acquisitions of mainly European football clubs, suggests they are a cover for moving assets out."

I thought this was known anyway? which is why most people assume that the investment from PCP is Middle East based.

They've just had the Communist Party Congress where it had been mooted there'd be a change in policy opening up the possibility of investing in us.

Seemingly not.