Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Perhaps the most vindictive and sinister cunt of an owner I've ever heard of.

There's incompetence from ownership, and then there's blatant spitefulness and disregard for an entire community.

Marlins?

Perhaps, but nobody cares about the Marlins anyway. :lol:

:lol: Loria got a free stadium and traded away all the good players.

Ashley's wet dream. :lol:

As a fan of this club, you're trained to take the bad times. I can take that. What I can't take is having an amazing 2011-12, with a fantastic set of players and yet here we are 12 months later staring into oblivion. For no reason at all, just because Ashley feels like it. The bad times are bad, the good times quickly turn into a disaster.....honestly, what's the point? I see other owners who are good people, people that dream, people with good intentions. And to see ours deliberately shit on the fans at every possible opportunity, purely out of spite, tears me apart. I thought 'bad Ashley' was over and I feel betrayed. He hates people, he hates tradition and it looks like he hates making money - which is odd for a billionaire. But he must do, otherwise he wouldn't be doing this. To have the audacity to even think of removing us from Europe is despicable, he possesses an evil that even Hollywood writers couldn't create.

The last 3 days have changed me. For years its been a love-hate relationship with the club but now I hate that I ever fell for his tricks. I've changed. There's no light at the end of the tunnel this time. I'm at my most miserable when thinking about this club and at my happiest when I'm far away from it. That's not healthy and, honestly, I don't think I have the energy or desire to suffer through this again. All the good work of the last 3 years has been undone in an instant. Being on Team Pardew is horrific but, incredibly, the alternative has far bleaker consequences. Ashley isn't thinking straight, his intentions are evil and he'll not stop until he's reduced this great club to nothing. Mission accomplished.

Why does this feel like a Giggs  :lol:

Seriously though, it really really doesn't make any sense at all when you look at it logically, but perhaps, there's the answer already.

I'd love to see this famed 5 year plan, I've been involved in forward planning though work over the years and at no point did "sure throw in a handgrenade" ever come up  :lol:

It just fucking bazaar.

I actually don't think he's done it deliberately to spite the fans. Although he probably holds a grudge and enjoys the uproar, I think his actions are simply those of someone who's clueless about football and someone who doesn't give a shit about the consequences of his decisions from a moral viewpoint. As opposed to a constructed attempt to be 'evil', he's just careless, selfish and ignorant.

I actually don't think he's done it deliberately to spite the fans. Although he probably holds a grudge and enjoys the uproar, I think his actions are simply those of someone who's clueless about football and someone who doesn't give a s*** about the consequences of his decisions from a moral viewpoint. As opposed to a constructed attempt to be 'evil', he's just careless, selfish and ignorant.

But Joe Kinnear though? If Ashley is that thick when it comes to football then help us all.

One of his best mates by all accounts. Regardless of the countless delusions Kinnear has, he has worked in football before - and that's more than Derek Llambias. It's eminently feasible that Kinnear has convinced Ashley that he could do something useful at the club.

I can understand why people might think he's done it deliberately to spite us, but I just can't imagine he's sat there and gone "right, what can I do next to enrage the fuckers?" The whole situation has just been kindly gift-wrapped for Ashley; he knows a guy who (theoretically) is an upgrade on Llambias, but also provides a means of solving the most immediate problem - Pardew. It's a plot to shift the manager for less than what it would have cost to sack him, and I'm certain I'll be proved right on that when Pardew inevitably walks. And he's got his mate and a 'football man' that the club so badly needs at that level. Merry Christmas, Mike Ashley.

Everything bad that Ashley's done has been intended for his own personal gain and/or based on total ignorance towards the sport (and its fans, obviously). I just don't think he's made a conceited attempt to be a cartoon villain - he's still got a business to run at the end of the day.

None of this makes him any less of a cunt, btw - like I say: he's clueless, careless, selfish and ignorant. I'd say they are the adjectives best suited to the man.

I actually don't think he's done it deliberately to spite the fans. Although he probably holds a grudge and enjoys the uproar, I think his actions are simply those of someone who's clueless about football and someone who doesn't give a shit about the consequences of his decisions from a moral viewpoint. As opposed to a constructed attempt to be 'evil', he's just careless, selfish and ignorant.

The one thing that separates great businessmen from good businessmen is normally; vision.

The vision to see something that isn't there currently, that could/should be there.

Back that up with a strong decisive 5 or 10 or whatever year plan and see it through, ironing out the problems along the way.

This doesn't feel like that at all IMO.

It honestly wreaks of somebody just trolling for the sake of it, because he can.

I cannot for the life of me, see what Joe Fucking Kinnear can bring to this party other than mayhem.

I really can't see how bringing in Kinnear as a DoF to get Pardew to walk is cost effective. Firstly, Pardew is on a low basic wage, so the payoff would be less than what previous managers like Allardyce got. Secondly, and more importantly, if this is indeed the plan, all it would take is for Pardew to start gathering evidence in the form of mails, voicemails or even his own meeting notes to have a very good case for constructive dismissal. Ashley/the club have been found guilty of this before, and this time the case would be even more convincing as Kinnear is being such a moron out in the open. If found guilty of constructive dismissal a second time, dragging our name through the mud again in the process, the payout would be no less than it would be for a straight sack, and quite probably way more as Pardew could then claim part of the bonus' he could have made, as well as declaring they've made him unemployable. Didn't Keegan charge for 25 million at the time?

So, I fear Pardew is here to stay, and Ashley genuinely thinks bringing back Kinnear to help the football side of the club out is a good idea as wacky as that sound to anyone with a modicum of sanity. The fact it's pissing us off is a nice little bonus for him too.

Pardew and Llambias are apparently in a different camp to Ashley and his drinking buddy JFK.

It's going to be total carnage with JFK spouting off each week.

Could Pardew have similar grounds to keegan for suing?

Did you read my post? I'd say he'd have an excellent chance, especially with Ashley already found guilty once and Kinnear being so open about interfering with Pardew's remit.

Depends on what his contract says and I'm sure after the Keegan case they'll have made sure that Pardew's contract probably says something about coaching and picking the team.

I believe so.

Is it not very likely that Pardew signed his contract knowing something like this could happen?

Remember why and how he got the job.

I don't think anyody except Fat Mike knew what was coming...

I thought constructive dismissal was more about working conditions, and someone making it impossible for you to do your job, rather than the terms of the contract. You could be expected to report into a DOF but still be constructively dismissed if that individual forces you out by making your job impossible.

Guest neesy111

I thought constructive dismissal was more about working conditions, and someone making it impossible for you to do your job, rather than the terms of the contract. You could be expected to report into a DOF but still be constructively dismissed if that individual forces you out by making your job impossible.

Keegan agreed to the DOF role but was unable to do his job due to the conditions it created.

Keegan agreed to the DOF role but was unable to do his job due to the conditions it created.

Yep, that's what I mean. The terms of his contract aren't as important as the conditions on the ground.