Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

How can no one get near him, go to his local boozer where him and kinnear get lashed and ask him questions.

If he leaves, find the next place he drinks in and ask questions.

He has to be somewhere.  :lol:

Who was that jouno that used to get in deep and ask awkward questions of real bandits, he had death threats the works.  He used to have aprog on ITV I think in the early mid 90s.

Get him on the case.

Dont sit and write atricles, do some serious digging.

Donald Mcintyre?  :aww:

How can no one get near him, go to his local boozer where him and kinnear get lashed and ask him questions.

Who was that jouno that used to get in deep and ask awkward questions of real bandits, he had death threats the works.  He used to have aprog on ITV I think in the early mid 90s.

Get him on the case.

I thought he meant that fat bloke with the glasses (Who`s name eludes me) who more than often used to get twatted every week.

(He might be dead now)

Get him on the case.

I thought he meant that fat bloke with the glasses (Who`s name eludes me) who more than often used to get twatted every week.

(He might be dead now)

Is he on about Peter Cook

Guest Roger Kint

While Peter Cook would have been a good choice to stake out at a drinking hole, the reporter guy was Roger Cook.

:spit: Peter cook investigates would have been epic.

He had the outfit for it

http://www.themovienetwork.ca/data/shows/GP064955_xl.jpg

Ironically i think Roy Kinnear was in that film  :lol:

The media now seem to now be picking up on the free advertising and other loss of commercial revenue for the benefit of Sports Direct.

"Newcastle moan that they can never attract the sponsorship revenues of bigger clubs. But their case is undermined by the dozens of Sports Direct adverts that plaster the stadium and pitch surrounds.

No sum is specified in the accounts as to what this global advertising is worth to Sports Direct, but industry analysts say it could be worth millions. Sports Direct get it for free.

The club's retail operation appears to be morphing from an division that used to provide revenue, to one being taken over by Sports Direct. More money going out of the club?"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-transfer-window-report-joe-2247216?

Guest icemanblue

I'm not sure how strong that line of argument really is. I mean, we are giving some free advertising to SD for sure, but is the impact on our performance really that dramatic, and does it make a difference between spending and not spending?

It's a negative contribution, whichever way you look at it. It's space that could be put to better financial use.

I'm not sure how strong that line of argument really is. I mean, we are giving some free advertising to SD for sure, but is the impact on our performance really that dramatic, and does it make a difference between spending and not spending?

It's a negative contribution, whichever way you look at it. It's space that could be put to better financial use.

Sure, yep.

Do you think any other clubs in the prem are stupid enough to give away advertising space for free in the richest and most viewed league in the world...its fuckin mental.

The club say they cannot compete financially with other clubs but they are obviously partially responsible for this themselves because of how far our commercial revenue has fallen since Ashley bought the club.  It is very poor compared to supposedly lesser clubs.

Other than the TV money, we seem to be dependent upon cost-cutting and player sales to create revenue.  Cost-cutting can only go on for so long.  At the very least, there seems to be a severe lack of nous within the club at how to generate revenue through other means.

Do you think any other clubs in the prem are stupid enough to give away advertising space for free in the richest and most viewed league in the world...its fuckin mental.

No, probably not, we should be making more of it.

The club say they cannot compete financially with other clubs but they are obviously partially responsible for this themselves because of how far our commercial revenue has fallen since Ashley bought the club.  It is very poor compared to supposedly lesser clubs.

Other than the TV money, we seem to be dependent upon cost-cutting and player sales to create revenue.  Cost-cutting can only go on for so long.  At the very least, there seems to be a severe lack of nous within the club at how to generate revenue through other means.

Hopefully the new TV money will help a lot.

When club officials regularly state we can't compete but at the same time aren't interesting in maximising revenue streams I'd say it's an important example of a wider problem.

Fair point, I do wonder why we aren't pushing our brand more in general. Our promotion and PR etc is a shambles.