Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

could that not be classed as fraud ?

Nope, there'll be a contract just it'll be a small fee.

It's fine as long as it's not seen as a way of shifting profits for tax planning purposes. Although even then, that's no problem form Amazon and Starbucks.

which it would be surely ?

I can't see it being for that.  It's just a way for SD to hold our stock and sell NUFC merchandise so that they make most of the profit.

it wouldn't be for that, but would be a product of it, wouldn't it ? not too up to date with my fraud laws.

Does anyone on here work in the club shop? Who pays the wages?

Also, you can buy a ticket in the club shop at the same time as a shirt. Is that going through a different till system or does it still say Sports Direct on the receipt? I assume even this cunt can't be that bent.

The 2012 accoiunts disclose nothing about any relationship between Sports Direct and the club with regard to merchandising. The club would have to disclose that as it would be what is known as a Related Party transaction. The only 2 Related Party transactions in the accounts are the free advertising SD get at SJP and the loan provided by Ashley. Unless maybe it did not start until after june 2012?

It can't be anything other than a related party transaction.  Would us getting nothing for it make any difference?  After all, it's only a link on a website.

To be honest I can't see how it couldn't be a related party transaction whether we get anything from it or not. Although as I said it could have started after June2012.

Guest neesy111

Also, you can buy a ticket in the club shop at the same time as a shirt. Is that going through a different till system or does it still say Sports Direct on the receipt? I assume even this cunt can't be that bent.

Nah, can't see the tickets being like that.  Though remember the Rangers Ticketus scandal!

Doesn't all of rangers merchandise go through SD nowadays?

Nah, can't see the tickets being like that.  Though remember the Rangers Ticketus scandal!

The Rangers Megastore website is operated by SportsDirect.com Retail Ltd. whose registered address is Unit A, Brook Park East, Shirebrook, NG20 8RY, Company Number: 03406347, VAT Number: GB 898 439743.

http://www.rangersmegastore.com/CustomerServices/OtherInformation/TermsandConditions

Looks familiar like. :lol:

Guest neesy111

http://www.rangersmegastore.com/CustomerServices/OtherInformation/TermsandConditions

Looks familiar like. :lol:

Ridiculous. :lol:

Simon Bird said the following in an article in the Mirror yesterday:

Newcastle moan that they can never attract the sponsorship revenues of bigger clubs. But their case is undermined by the dozens of Sports Direct adverts that plaster the stadium and pitch surrounds.

No sum is specified in the accounts as to what this global advertising is worth to Sports Direct, but industry analysts say it could be worth millions. Sports Direct get it for free.

The club's retail operation appears to be morphing from an division that used to provide revenue, to one being taken over by Sports Direct. More money going out of the club?[/i]

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-transfer-window-report-joe-2247216

The merchandise deal with Sports Direct is mentioned in the latest Rangers accounts but no specifics given.

However it looks like they went to Rangers and lied about the stadium renaming to get that deal, claiming that it had paid for us to sign Demba Ba. :lol:

You have agreed a deal with Sports Direct for the naming rights of Ibrox, yet have £21.2m cash in the bank. Why does the stadium need to be sponsored?

CG: Bringing an amount of cash in by naming the stadium – and that amount will vary upwards depending on the league that we're in – or the branding of Murray Park is vitally important. This is not money that goes into Charles Green's retirement fund, it goes into Rangers and we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that the team needs investment on the pitch, because it's only with a successful team that we'll get the support of the fans.

We had a meeting a few weeks ago with the supporters and invited Sports Direct. We had a presentation from Derek Llambias, the chief executive of Newcastle, who talked about how that worked for him at Newcastle, how that money bought Demba Ba and, after 29 goals, he sold him for £7.5m and bought [Moussa] Sissoko.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/sport/football/rangers-accounts-q-a.20412541

The merchandise deal with Sports Direct is mentioned in the latest Rangers accounts but no specifics given.

However it looks like they went to Rangers and lied about the stadium renaming to get that deal, claiming that it had paid for us to sign Demba Ba. :lol:

The stadium renaming did pay for Ba, they gave us nowt and we paid nowt for him.

You have agreed a deal with Sports Direct for the naming rights of Ibrox, yet have £21.2m cash in the bank. Why does the stadium need to be sponsored?

CG: Bringing an amount of cash in by naming the stadium – and that amount will vary upwards depending on the league that we're in – or the branding of Murray Park is vitally important. This is not money that goes into Charles Green's retirement fund, it goes into Rangers and we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that the team needs investment on the pitch, because it's only with a successful team that we'll get the support of the fans.

We had a meeting a few weeks ago with the supporters and invited Sports Direct. We had a presentation from Derek Llambias, the chief executive of Newcastle, who talked about how that worked for him at Newcastle, how that money bought Demba Ba and, after 29 goals, he sold him for £7.5m and bought [Moussa] Sissoko.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/sport/football/rangers-accounts-q-a.20412541

Dear me.. :spit:

I wonder how much the club were paid for letting Llambias do work for SD?

Guest neesy111

Nothing surprises me anymore.

Not sure why people have cottoned on to it being a SD store, it changed a couple of years ago didn't it?

We're pleading poverty, I can only guess people are looking to see why.

We have done so for a while.

I veremently disagree btw with all of it and I understand why it has come to the fore but it's old news.

Not sure why people have cottoned on to it being a SD store, it changed a couple of years ago didn't it?

We're pleading poverty, I can only guess people are looking to see why.

We have done so for a while.

I veremently disagree btw and I understand why it has come to the fore but it's old news.

I'm not sure it is old news, I had no idea that NUFC weren't counting all revenue from the club shop (online or otherwise) in their own revenue figures.

Maybe people are just joining the dots now but this is quite a big deal.