Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest neesy111

If approached by the right new owner (if/when that ever happens) you get the sense he'd listen and strongly consider it.

Also love how he always refers to Ashley and co. as custodians and the not club. My same feelings exactly.

:thup:

If they have no link with the club, how did they manage to get exclusive quotes from the manager on several occasions over the summer? Rooney nonsense aside, how were they first on the Gosling situation and other transfer news? Seems odd for some nobody from a two bit website to suddenly have better access than any of the established regional or national journalists. :rolleyes:

I wonder if Josef Goebels is now working for NUFC and SD? It would seem so.

Judging by the success Ashley has had at lowering expectations, it would seem you are right, BG..

Goebels theory was that if you repeated a lie often enough, even a big lie, most people would start to believe it......Ashley has persuaded quite a high percentage of NUFC fans that they should be grateful that the club is in the PL, cannot match the likes of Norwich and Southampton in the transfer market, and should be satisfied with people like Kinnear and Pardew running the playing side/transfers...

The words 'King's', 'New' and 'clothes' come to mind....

There have been various protests since Ashley arrived. Have any of them had a positive effect? They've arguably made the situation worse.

I seem to remember you being a big fan of protests against the NUFC board in the past.

Thanks for the characteristically cheap shot.

No answer to my honest question, however. There have been protests. Did you think they did any good?

If they have no link with the club, how did they manage to get exclusive quotes from the manager on several occasions over the summer? Rooney nonsense aside, how were they first on the Gosling situation and other transfer news? Seems odd for some nobody from a two bit website to suddenly have better access than any of the established regional or national journalists. :rolleyes:

Nah, the PR would be more effective.

There have been various protests since Ashley arrived. Have any of them had a positive effect? They've arguably made the situation worse.

I seem to remember you being a big fan of protests against the NUFC board in the past.

No answer to my honest question, however. There have been protests. Did you think they did any good?

How's it a cheap shot? For people who are unhappy with the direction and stewardship of the club there's little alternative other than to shut up and meekly accept it. Something you weren't prepared to do under the previous regime. Strange.

Judging by the success Ashley has had at lowering expectations, it would seem you are right, BG..

Goebels theory was that if you repeated a lie often enough, even a big lie, most people would start to believe it......Ashley has persuaded quite a high percentage of NUFC fans that they should be grateful that the club is in the PL, cannot match the likes of Norwich and Southampton in the transfer market, and should be satisfied with people like Kinnear and Pardew running the playing side/transfers...

The words 'King's', 'New' and 'clothes' come to mind....

A chunk of the Swedish fanbase are furious with people who complain about Ashley and Pardew. We're supposedly bad fans and put shame on our club for pointing to the problems. I wrote a long document on Ashley's ownership and his failings, ultimately pointing to the fact that we're seemingly turning into an advertising board and retailing outlet for Sports Direct. The majority of those who read it echoed my worries. However, some seem to fall for his attempts to lower expectations. One fan said I "represented the club in a bad way". Made me even more determined not to let him win. I'll keep terrorizing them with way too long texts about how horrible he is.

The general feeling is that Ashley will sell if he receives an offer for the club which gives him his money back, but if he is making a killing off Sports Direct and making between £10 and £20million a year off Newcastle then why would he sell for anything less than a huge over the top offer ?

He could be here for the long term !!!!!!!!!

The general feeling is that Ashley will sell if he receives an offer for the club which gives him his money back, but if he is making a killing off Sports Direct and making between £10 and £20million a year off Newcastle then why would he sell for anything less than a huge over the top offer ?

Or at least until he devalues the club so much it's no longer worth him using NUFC as his free advertising bandwagon any longer.

Either way:  :(

How's it a cheap shot? For people who are unhappy with the direction and stewardship of the club there's little alternative other than to shut up and meekly accept it. Something you weren't prepared to do under the previous regime. Strange.

Still going for the man and not for the ball.

I'll rephrase my question yet again, in the probably vain hope of actually getting an answer:

If you think any of the protests against Ashley have had a positive effect, please tell me what it was.

I'll rephrase my question yet again, in the probably vain hope of actually getting an answer:

If you think any of the protests against Ashley have had a positive effect, please tell me what it was.

As a fan it feels like there is nothing else to do: what do you suggest as an alternative?

Acknowledging he was out of his depth and openly putting the club up for sale.

Why is your opinion on protests against such an unpopular NUFC tenure diametrically opposed to your opinion when Shepherd was here?

Guest thenorthumbrian

Its not nufc anynore, well in name only anyway.  Its sports direct fc.  He already changed the name of the stadium once, if he could get away with renaming the team im sure he would do it.

Sad, but true. the club has been hollowed out, a lot of good,loyal staff from behind the scenes have been sacked in recent years and the club is merely a minor part of a bigger company. NUFC are now just part of a larger  money making machine designed to make Ashley and  a few managers richer. As long as people are happy to contribute to that and realise that the club's role as an integral part of this region is diminished and nothing will change as long Ashley remains, then that's up to them.

He's not making anything... he's very slowly recovering a load of money he has already had to spend. It's going to a long time before his £10-20m a season is profit.

I sort of resent the fact that he's taking anything out at all, given everything he has "had to spend" has been because of his own mistakes.

Aye I understand that argument. But then again, a lot of what he spent was clearing existing debt, so the 'mistake' was buying us in the first place. Not all of it is because of relegation etc, although it obviously didn't help.