Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Just read this from the chronicle:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mike-ashley-protest-how-newcastle-5845812

Reading this p*ssed me off. I was actually looking forward to going to the leeds game.  Can't see what this is going to prove, boycotting a game which you need to buy a separate ticket for? They probably weren't even going to go anyway which is fine by me as its extra £££.

When are they going to realize that boycotting games are never going to work because proper fans like me+others will go and support the team no matter what. If you don't want to go and see the lads no more then f*ck off, i don't care, don't sing and dance about it and expect a medal because your boycotting a league cup match.

f*** off  :lol: proper fan? You are not a fan at all if you want the club pillaged and raped by this horrible man. If you aren't willing to sacrifice one Wednesday night for the good of the club then you are no fan at all.

I too was and am really looking forward to the Leeds game but I've had enough now. The only way fans can send any sort of message is to simply vacate the stadium but oh no 'proper fans' like you will continue to go every week and buy his horrible wonga tat and suck Ashley's dick.

Get a grip.

What an eejit :)

The majority of fans will continue to go every week, good results will make crowds better, s*** results/performances will make crowds drop, just as it's always been. What happens off the park is irrelevant to the majority.

Even if a mass boycott could be arranged the ONLY thing harmed would be the club. He's nowhere near pillaging yet btw.

We deserve answers from him. Pardews statement was pathetic, back peddling nonsense. He'll keep quiet though and continue as is. God knows what his plan actually is, if there is one.

The grass isn't always greener, I just want him to sell up and take his crew with him.

Guest Bert Shaft

When are they going to realize that boycotting games are never going to work because proper fans like me

You are wonderful. I love you O proper fan.

Think on though if REAL proper fans hadn't boycotted stopped away from the games in the late 80's and early nineties and caused the organisation of things like the Magpie group which led to ousting the likes of skinflint McKeag and his cronies from the club and resulted in SJH taking over at the club, then,  proper fans like yourself would never have had the Keegan's entertainers years to enjoy etc etc.

Carry on puckering your rustybullethole and giving your money to "Mike" if it makes you happy. Just don't bother crying when he sh*ts on you ... again!

Instead of protesting maybe it would be better to come up with a campaign to try to attract potential new owners. A fan protest against Mike Ashley is unlikely to make NUFC look an attractive option to any company/individual. Fans need to advertise the positives of owning NUFC. We all know NUFC is a sleeping giant. All we need is an owner with some ambition (it doesn't have to be an Abramovich type owner either).

Would like to know more about this Magpie group. Seeing as it worked, may be worth re-visiting their ideas.

Not be a bad shout, may even be some of the same members kicking about who are interested in doing it all again.

Our very own Order of the Phoenix.

Would like to know more about this Magpie group. Seeing as it worked, may be worth re-visiting their ideas.

It's the whole money involved that makes this unrealistic surely? It's one thing getting a group together and getting rid of owners running a skint struggling Second division club, but another getting together to buyout and oust a billionnaire of a pretty well off Premier League club.

For me its his silence that raises suspicions.

I mean, there is a small chance that:

- Kinnear was a well-intentioned appointment to provide football input at boardroom level

- We tried really hard to get players in and that money remains available for January

- He wants us to do well and be a top 6 team

- All the revenue from Newcastle United stays in Newcastle United

etc etc

Of course. However, the silence from Ashley is deafening when accusations are being flung round that:

- Kinnear's a joke appointment

- we had no intention of buying anyone unless Cabaye was sold

- Mid-table with no expenditure and maximised profits is his ambition for the club

- (And this is the massively unacceptable one IMO) He's milking revenue off NUFC and into Sports Direct whilst pretending our revenues are lower so he can keep his loan on the books

He's got hundreds of thousands of customers wanting to know what the fucks going on. Now as the owner of the club he has a right to not say anything. But if we want change, or at least explanations, then we owe it to ourselves to deny him any revenue we can until he provides what we want. If the top set of points are correct and the bottom ones incorrect, why would he not just tell us? That is what's worrying. It seems the only thing he cares about is money, so every possible step should be taken to deny him it until he either clarifies his intentions or leaves. I can assure you, if enough people do the same, it WILL work.

The main difference between then and now is that the Magpie Group had an alternative potential owner to get behind and their champion was John Hall. We don't have a John Hall to get behind. The closest we got was "Two-Bob" Barry Moat who the banks wouldn't accept as a potential owner without guarantees from Ashley  :embarrassed:

I think Ashley's brief is quite simple, spend as little as possible to keep us in the division and it doesn't matter if we finish 17th or 7th. 

For me its his silence that raises suspicions.

I mean, there is a small chance that:

- Kinnear was a well-intentioned appointment to provide football input at boardroom level

- We tried really hard to get players in and that money remains available for January

- He wants us to do well and be a top 6 team

- All the revenue from Newcastle United stays in Newcastle United

etc etc

Of course. However, the silence from Ashley is deafening when accusations are being flung round that:

- Kinnear's a joke appointment

- we had no intention of buying anyone unless Cabaye was sold

- Mid-table with no expenditure and maximised profits is his ambition for the club

- (And this is the massively unacceptable one IMO) He's milking revenue off NUFC and into Sports Direct whilst pretending our revenues are lower so he can keep his loan on the books

He's got hundreds of thousands of customers wanting to know what the fucks going on. Now as the owner of the club he has a right to not say anything. But if we want change, or at least explanations, then we owe it to ourselves to deny him any revenue we can until he provides what we want. If the top set of points are correct and the bottom ones incorrect, why would he not just tell us? That is what's worrying. It seems the only thing he cares about is money, so every possible step should be taken to deny him it until he either clarifies his intentions or leaves. I can assure you, if enough people do the same, it WILL work.

Good post, Chris.

The main difference between then and now is that the Magpie Group had an alternative potential owner to get behind and their champion was John Hall. We don't have a John Hall to get behind. The closest we got was "Two-Bob" Barry Moat who the banks wouldn't accept as a potential owner without guarantees from Ashley  :embarrassed:

Personally think a modern day Magpie Group would be something that had a Keegan/Shearer involved with a Sir John type person and they were actively looking to help bring in other high net worth local buyers OR bring in a partner from overseas who bought into the vision and had honest ambitious plans for the club involving Sir John/Keegan/etc to be part of the Board/Chairman/Manager whatever...

I've sort of maintained the position the last year or so that although Keegan would be my favorite type of manager, I'd rather he be involved with the overall vision and make-up of the club so that he would be part of our future as he dares to dream and has always been grateful for the supporters.  Hell if that meant he came back as manager and no matter what happened would become a board-level person when his time was up - happy with that too.

When are they going to realize that boycotting games are never going to work because proper fans like me

You are wonderful. I love you O proper fan.

Think on though if REAL proper fans hadn't boycotted stopped away from the games in the late 80's and early nineties and caused the organisation of things like the Magpie group which led to ousting the likes of skinflint McKeag and his cronies from the club and resulted in SJH taking over at the club, then,  proper fans like yourself would never have had the Keegan's entertainers years to enjoy etc etc.

Carry on puckering your rustybullethole and giving your money to "Mike" if it makes you happy. Just don't bother crying when he sh*ts on you ... again!

Yeah, the failed share offer (with the cash injection it would have delevered, to counterbalance dwindling gate revenue) was the tipping point which forced SJH to make his final move/get McKeag and his cronies out.

The club was heading for the shitter if wasn't for the offensive actions of supporters who were prepared to & ultimately did turn their back for a greater good - by first voting with their feet by boycotting games enmasse & the failed share offer was the most powerful 'no confidence' motion available at the time.

Alot is owed to the actions of what Nut believes to be the antithesis behaviour of proper fans.