Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-2415071/Saudi-Arabian-prince-Abdullah-bin-Mosaad-explains-bought-Sheffield-United.html

In 2011, Forbes estimated his and his immediate family's documentable wealth at US$21 billion, ranking him as one of the richest royals in the world.[111]

:okay:

My Dad randomly has shares in Sheffield United from 2001 so he got a letter about this t'other day.

Why not us?

When are they going to realize that boycotting games are never going to work because proper fans like me

You are wonderful. I love you O proper fan.

Think on though if REAL proper fans hadn't boycotted stopped away from the games in the late 80's and early nineties and caused the organisation of things like the Magpie group which led to ousting the likes of skinflint McKeag and his cronies from the club and resulted in SJH taking over at the club, then,  proper fans like yourself would never have had the Keegan's entertainers years to enjoy etc etc.

Carry on puckering your rustybullethole and giving your money to "Mike" if it makes you happy. Just don't bother crying when he sh*ts on you ... again!

Yeah, the failed share offer (with the cash injection it would have delevered, to counterbalance dwindling gate revenue) was the tipping point which forced SJH to make his final move/get McKeag and his cronies out.

The club was heading for the shitter if wasn't for the offensive actions of supporters who were prepared to & ultimately did turn their back for a greater good - by first voting with their feet by boycotting games enmasse & the failed share offer was the most powerful 'no confidence' motion available at the time.

Alot is owed to the actions of what Nut believes to be the antithesis behaviour of proper fans.

thats not quite how I remember it. there was a boycott for the leeds game (didn't affect the gate much).

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-2415071/Saudi-Arabian-prince-Abdullah-bin-Mosaad-explains-bought-Sheffield-United.html

In 2011, Forbes estimated his and his immediate family's documentable wealth at US$21 billion, ranking him as one of the richest royals in the world.[111]

:okay:

My Dad randomly has shares in Sheffield United from 2001 so he got a letter about this t'other day.

Why not us?

Makes me think a passionate person with a good story to tell about the club, city, and fans could get a rich guy to buy us. That article made something very difficult look easy as f*** :lol:

Keegan needs to take a trip to the Middle East and get a deal done...  O0

Would like to know more about this Magpie group. Seeing as it worked, may be worth re-visiting their ideas.

The main difference between then and now is that the Magpie Group had an alternative potential owner to get behind and their champion was John Hall. We don't have a John Hall to get behind. The closest we got was "Two-Bob" Barry Moat who the banks wouldn't accept as a potential owner without guarantees from Ashley  :embarrassed:

Exactly right - I was a part of the Group and it would never have worked if we didn't have SJH's momey behind us as well as his commitment. So far, nobody has emerged to act as a figurehead and backed that with the necessary dosh.

Once someone does, then is the time to get behind them provided that they DO have the necessary means

As I said earlier, it took a man with millions to shift McKeag but it will take a man with billions to shift Ashley and put the club in the top echelon of the PL.

Ashley has billions. I'd say their ambition for the club is far more important than their bank balance. It doesn't take Chelsea or Man City level of investment to have this club challenging for Europe regularly and have the odd good cup run, which is realisticly what most supporters expect.

Would like to know more about this Magpie group. Seeing as it worked, may be worth re-visiting their ideas.

The main difference between then and now is that the Magpie Group had an alternative potential owner to get behind and their champion was John Hall. We don't have a John Hall to get behind. The closest we got was "Two-Bob" Barry Moat who the banks wouldn't accept as a potential owner without guarantees from Ashley  :embarrassed:

Exactly right - I was a part of the Group and it would never have worked if we didn't have SJH's momey behind us as well as his commitment. So far, nobody has emerged to act as a figurehead and backed that with the necessary dosh.

Once someone does, then is the time to get behind them provided that they DO have the necessary means

As I said earlier, it took a man with millions to shift McKeag but it will take a man with billions to shift Ashley and put the club in the top echelon of the PL.

Which is the reason for the general apathy among fans and media IMO. Protests and campaigns need an end goal or a solution, and unless there is a potential alternative owner to get behind like there was with John Hall a lot of people will just shrug their shoulders and say what's the point?

Why not us?

perhaps unlike the man himself potential investors have done their research into mike and won't go near the fucker with a shitty stick never mind enter negotiations with him

one thing's for sure, he won't be looking for a fair or reasonable price

The best opportunity to buy Newcastle was when we went down and the club was up for sale. When Barry Moat was struggling to get the finance to fund a buyout, there really should have been others with more financial resources ready to swoop in. The value of the club has probably soared since then so potential saviours missed the boat big time - if there ever really was any out there, which I doubt.

Guest snoopythewriter

Why not us?

perhaps unlike the man himself potential investors have done their research into mike and won't go near the f***er with a shitty stick never mind enter negotiations with him

The best opportunity to buy Newcastle was when we went down and the club was up for sale. When Barry Moat was struggling to get the finance to fund a buyout, there really should have been others with more financial resources ready to swoop in. The value of the club has probably soared since then so potential saviours missed the boat big time - if there ever really was any out there, which I doubt.

So do you think, God forbid, that if we get relegated again this season, that our price would drop significantly that we could be swooped up cheaply?

Why not us?

perhaps unlike the man himself potential investors have done their research into mike and won't go near the f***er with a shitty stick never mind enter negotiations with him

So do you think, God forbid, that if we get relegated again this season, that our price would drop significantly that we could be swooped up cheaply?

Even if it did, and let's assume suddenly buyers would emerge interested in taking over NUFC - what sort of investors would they be that could only afford to buy the club when it's value drops to a certain level? Barry Moat Mk II more than likely.

Guest snoopythewriter

Why not us?

Even if it did, and let's assume suddenly buyers would emerge interested in taking over NUFC - what sort of investors would they be that could only afford to buy the club when it's value drops to a certain level? Barry Moat Mk II more than likely.

Perhaps they're of the attitude that, getting the club at a more reduced price, they'd be more inclined to deal with Ashley's attitude.

'I remember once when George Gillett owned Liverpool, I called him to see if I could find out if Steven Gerrard was going to play because he was in my fantasy team,' said the prince last week.

:lol:

Shows you the fantasy realm they live in. Can see this one fizzing out after a couple of years and Sheff utd not making it to the premiership, if so it'll be a quick visit like qpr.

Why not us?

Perhaps they're of the attitude that, getting the club at a more reduced price, they'd be more inclined to deal with Ashley's attitude.

Why would they give a crap about his attitude, the only issue would be the price.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=257398

They'll deserve every thing they get :lol:

Some of those posts are brilliant :lol:

* when ashley first bought newcastle he was guilty of making a cunt of it by, and wait for it, listening to the newcastle fans and keeping newcastle-men involved in the club, jobs for boys if you will after their humiliating relegation he went "fuck this2 ripped the club apart from top to bottom and started fine tuning the club both on and off the park financially, none of this newcastle-men nonsense

* I'm sure if he does, he will announce his plans and people can decide on their merit. I'm pretty sure he won't get involved in leaks and media slander to destabilise the club and get his way. Who knows, he might even spend money.

* Would put an end to Paul Murray creating havoc every few months. 

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=257398

They'll deserve every thing they get :lol:

Some of those posts are brilliant :lol:

I loved the one about ploughing millions in to the club every season just to keep our head above water and how he'd bring stability to their club. Unbelievable :lol:

Just edited my post to add some of my favourites from the first page :lol: