Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

My main issue with our club wasn't the lack of signings, it wasn't the fact we stuck with Pardew, the act that pushed me fully into disillusionment with the club was Kinnear’s appointment. It’s such an obvious ‘fuck you’ to the fans, it so clearly showed his contempt for us that I’m not willing to let it slide. The man doesn't care about this club in the slightest, Caulkin hit the nail on the head with his most recent article, the little trust he had built up with the last few years of stability have now been completely erased.

I’m for the walk out against Leeds. Of course it’s not going to hit Ashley financially but it will prove a point. We can unite together as fans and show him that if it was necessary we would stop going to the matches. It’s a small show of force, but it does show commitment and determination in the fan base.  It’s one game which won’t risk our position in the premier league, and the timing is perfect.

Miss one game, just one game, as a show of force and solidarity against a man who doesn't give a shit about this club or its supporters.

I think the time for that was probably Arsenal at home last season. When safety was secured, it would have sent some message going into the summer if that had been played in front of an empty stadium.

Something about a boycott of the Leeds game doesn't sit right with me. That competition is still the best chance we'll have of winning anything any time soon, for once we've had a kind draw first two rounds, and I bet the majority of people suggesting not going to that game will be the first ones expecting tickets at Wembley should we get there.

I think the time for that was probably Arsenal at home last season. When safety was secured, it would have sent some message going into the summer if that had been played in front of an empty stadium.

Something about a boycott of the Leeds game doesn't sit write with me. That competition is still the best chance we'll have of winning anything any time soon, for once we've had a kind draw first two rounds, and I bet the majority of people suggesting not going to that game will be the first ones expecting tickets at Wembley should we get there.

Come on man, you can't begrudge any Newcastle fan wanting to see us play at Wembley. People who protest are doing it because they think it's the best thing to do for our club. This perception of superiority by those who go over those who protest is bollocks. Should I lord it over some fans because I had a season ticket during our season in the championship?

The problem with a purchase is that it's extremely difficult to make any money from owning us. As Mike Ashley knows well. So the buyers are narrowed down to people who looking for a fun way to spend their billions. Even the likes of Abramovich have other political and social reasons for buying English clubs, I doubt many expect to make a return.

I guess we could hope for an owner that would financially be the same as Ashley (ie we would be self sustaining) but who would make better decisions and employ better staff.

Something about a boycott of the Leeds game doesn't sit write with me. That competition is still the best chance we'll have of winning anything any time soon, for once we've had a kind draw first two rounds, and I bet the majority of people suggesting not going to that game will be the first ones expecting tickets at Wembley should we get there.

Come on man, you can't begrudge any Newcastle fan wanting to see us play at Wembley. People who protest are doing it because they think it's the best thing to do for our club. This perception of superiority by those who go over those who protest is bollocks. Should I lord it over some fans because I had a season ticket during our season in the championship?

I don't think there's anything wrong with protesting in itself, it's probably the only means we have of forcing Ashley to run this club properly. I would wait to see how the season unfolds first though. While we didn't get the players in to give us strength in depth, there's still a pretty good looking first 11 there. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we could be in the top 6 after the next 4-5 games, the fixtures are all pretty winnable.

Protests are fair enough but when it's harming a chance of a good cup run, I don't see any benefit whatsoever.

You don't see possible long term gain over short term pain?  I could understand that stance if we were going into a semi-final but not this early in a competition we'll probably screw up in anyway.

The problem with a purchase is that it's extremely difficult to make any money from owning us. As Mike Ashley knows well. So the buyers are narrowed down to people who looking for a fun way to spend their billions. Even the likes of Abramovich have other political and social reasons for buying English clubs, I doubt many expect to make a return.

I guess we could hope for an owner that would financially be the same as Ashley (ie we would be self sustaining) but who would make better decisions and employ better staff.

I would be happy for someone less wealthy to take over, even if we had to cut our cloth accordingly by selling before we buy players, just as long as we knew they were doing what's best for the club and not themselves.

I don't see what good at all it will have on the club/players playing in a near empty St James' with 5,000 Leeds fans there, short or long-term.

I disagree, I'm not saying it will change anything over night but it will send a message to Ashley that the fans are no longer going to bend over and take it.  At the minute he will think/know he can piss all over us and we'll thank him for it.

I don't see what good at all it will have on the club/players playing in a near empty St James' with 5,000 Leeds fans there, short or long-term.

If they're professionals it shouldn't matter whether there are 3 or 30,000 NUFC fans there.

Less money through the turnstiles would mean more players sold to make up the shortfall imo. He simply doesn't give a fuck.

I'm up for the idea of driving him out but don't think a boycott would be particularly effective.

I disagree, I'm not saying it will change anything over night but it will send a message to Ashley that the fans are no longer going to bend over and take it.  At the minute he will think/know he can p*ss all over us and we'll thank him for it.

Ashley does what the fuck he wants knowing we don't like it. The only way a message like that would work is if it happened week-in, week-out. One empty stadium is not going to make him think, "shit, they're pissed off now, let's sell up". Ashley will sell when someone pays the value of the club, I can't see anything making him sell for under that.

Less money through the turnstiles would mean more players sold to make up the shortfall imo. He simply doesn't give a fuck.

I'm up for the idea of driving him out but don't think a boycott would be particularly effective.

my honest opinion barring somehow a fans group getting the near £300m to buy it (calling this scenario unlikely seems an understatement) theres nothing that can be done that will force him out. The main problem as always is finding a buyer of which theres none.

Less money through the turnstiles would mean more players sold to make up the shortfall imo. He simply doesn't give a f***.

He does, he hated when the fans were singing "Fat Cockney Bastard" and he'll hate a boycott because he'll know it's against him.

If they're professionals it shouldn't matter whether there are 3 or 30,000 NUFC fans there.

That's true, but if you look at people like HBA, some of his interviews suggest it's the fans that make him enjoy it here. Do you think he likes the lack of investment, Kinnear, etc? If the fans don't show up then people like him will think what's the point, more than Ashley being likely to want to sell up.

Ashley does what the f*** he wants knowing we don't like it. The only way a message like that would work is if it happened week-in, week-out. One empty stadium is not going to make him think, "s***, they're p*ssed off now, let's sell up". Ashley will sell when someone pays the value of the club, I can't see anything making him sell for under that.

Ashley does what he wants because he knows we'll still turn up.  I don't think he'll sell up because of a one off boycott but I do think it will make him think about what he's doing.

That's true, but if you look at people like HBA, some of his interviews suggest it's the fans that make him enjoy it here. Do you think he likes the lack of investment, Kinnear, etc? If the fans don't show up then people like him will think what's the point, more than Ashley being likely to want to sell up.

I think the players would understand what was going on.

Ashley does what the f*** he wants knowing we don't like it. The only way a message like that would work is if it happened week-in, week-out. One empty stadium is not going to make him think, "s***, they're p*ssed off now, let's sell up". Ashley will sell when someone pays the value of the club, I can't see anything making him sell for under that.

Ashley does what he wants because he knows we'll still turn up.  I don't think he'll sell up because of a one off boycott but I do think it will make him think about what he's doing.

I don't think it will, because he'll know the next home game there's going to be over 45000 again.