Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Article from the mag about another billioaire interested in prem clubs...wont be us sadly.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/austrian-billionaire-wants-to-buy-premier-league-club/

Erm, we're already owned by a billionaire... keep up!

Erm, have you seen how successful the red bull sports people are compared to ashley.  Ashley is pimple man.

Keep up kidda.

If this fella was to buy us and keep us in-tact as Newcastle United, sure, but if he's going to peddle this Red Bull logo on top of everything and change our strip/kit* and colors and such then can move along as nobody would want that.

*woops, thanks Inochi.

What if he piled loads of money into the team and only put his logo on the shirt?  At the minute we have an awful deal with Wonga and sports direct clad all over the stadium for free.

The current owner is nothing but a chancer and a bandit who has no interst in making Newcastle United (or whats left of it) a success.

Pardew even admited it, he has no clue how to run a sporting club, he is retail and his man child brain cannot step outside of that.

Probably after a London based club anyway.

I would say, likely to be west ham.  New stadium sorted out, wont be that expensive to buy, in London and ready to be built up.  Sam Allerdyce sacked again. 

Winner.  :lol:

Don't see any London based clubs available that could achieve what he wants.

Suppose West Ham would be the only option, but they're completely fucked financially.  Though I suppose maybe those two clowns will be happy to sell cheap to get away from the mess so maybe.

If this fella was to buy us and keep us in-tact as Newcastle United, sure, but if he's going to peddle this Red Bull logo on top of everything and change our strip/kit* and colors and such then can move along as nobody would want that.

*woops, thanks Inochi.

What if he piled loads of money into the team and only put his logo on the shirt?  At the minute we have an awful deal with Wonga and sports direct clad all over the stadium for free.

The current owner is nothing but a chancer and a bandit who has no interst in making Newcastle United (or whats left of it) a success.

Pardew even admited it, he has no clue how to run a sporting club, he is retail and his man child brain cannot step outside of that.

Sure I'd be fine with it but I don't know if you've seen this or not, every team he/Red Bull have bought, they've changed the name of the team, the club's logo and colors to the standard Red Bull adidas kits with red and white. But if he basically replaced Wonga on our kit(s) with Red Bull's logo and replaced every usage of sports direct on the stadium, advertising etc with his Red Bull logo I'd take that.  Don't fuck with the name, the black & white stripes, and our badge is all I'm saying. 

*woops, thanks Inochi.

Ugh, don't give in so easily.

*woops, thanks Inochi.

Sure I'd be fine with it but I don't know if you've seen this or not, every team he/Red Bull have bought, they've changed the name of the team, the club's logo and colors to the standard Red Bull adidas kits with red and white. But if he basically replaced Wonga on our kit(s) with Red Bull's logo and replaced every usage of sports direct on the stadium, advertising etc with his Red Bull logo I'd take that.  Don't f*** with the name, the black & white stripes, and our badge is all I'm saying. 

If they buy a prem team they wont be changing the name to red bull. End of  :lol:

Gimp you have no idea if they'd not man, I see what you are saying 100%. But the evidence has shown they've changed EVERY team name they've bought, and colors, and standardized the kits. :lol:

I'm sure you are right, they'd be mad to change a Premier League club's name, badge, history etc like they've done to every other club - just clearly pointing out my reservation to this, that's all :thup:

"With soccer teams the New York Red Bulls, Red Bull Leipzig, Red Bull Brasil, Red Bull Ghana and Red Bull Salzburg already under their belt and various other sporting entities, reports of further expansion could be true given the company’s aggressive business model in the past."

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/14/report-red-bull-could-purchase-premier-league-club-liverpool-everton/

What's more frustrating about this is that the likes of Red Bull are keen to buy into a premier club to promote their brand, but they are looking to do it by building  CL standard club. Sports Direct are using Newcastle to build their brand by raiding the dump bins for players and hanging around the top division one way or another. Tells you everything about Ashley and his shitty SD brand.

The motivation is essentially the same though, isn't it? I doubt it's deep in Red Bull's reason for existing that they must create a Champions League football club. They want to promote their brand just like Sports Direct do. They've trotted out a couple of quotes about making a CL team, I'm quite surprised everyone is so willing to take it at face value.

*woops, thanks Inochi.

Sure I'd be fine with it but I don't know if you've seen this or not, every team he/Red Bull have bought, they've changed the name of the team, the club's logo and colors to the standard Red Bull adidas kits with red and white. But if he basically replaced Wonga on our kit(s) with Red Bull's logo and replaced every usage of sports direct on the stadium, advertising etc with his Red Bull logo I'd take that.  Don't f*** with the name, the black & white stripes, and our badge is all I'm saying. 

If they buy a prem team they wont be changing the name to red bull. End of  :lol:

What makes you say that? There is nothing stopping them. Anyone thinking the FA or the Premier League would step in and stop it are out of their minds, infact they would encourage it so long as the money kept rolling in.

If Red Bull came on and said we are going to have Red Bull as your shirt sponsorship and all around SJP, also you will only be able to buy Red Bull brand soft drinks at SJP, and your away shirt will be the standard RB template shirt but everything else will be left as then yeah I would happy for them to own us, however we all know that won't happen.

The motivation is essentially the same though, isn't it? I doubt it's deep in Red Bull's reason for existing that they must create a Champions League football club. They want to promote their brand just like Sports Direct do. They've trotted out a couple of quotes about making a CL team, I'm quite surprised everyone is so willing to take it at face value.

Judging how well they do elsewhere, Im sure they could do a lot better then the fat man child and his trashy sportswear company. Hovering itself all over the premiership with its stink.

*woops, thanks Inochi.

What makes you say that? There is nothing stopping them. Anyone thinking the FA or the Premier League would step in and stop it are out of their minds, infact they would encourage it so long as the money kept rolling in.

If Red Bull came on and said we are going to have Red Bull as your shirt sponsorship and all around SJP, also you will only be able to buy Red Bull brand soft drinks at SJP, and your away shirt will be the standard RB template shirt but everything else will be left as then yeah I would happy for them to own us, however we all know that won't happen.

I dont think they would, i really dont.  If anyone was going to do it, it would have been the fat man child.  He didn't even go that far.

Judging how well they do elsewhere, Im sure they could do a lot better then the fat man child and his trashy sportswear company. Hovering itself all over the premiership with its stink.

You're probably right about that, I would just expect people to be a bit sceptical about football clubs being bought by non-football brands for promotional purposes.

You're probably right about that, I would just expect people to be a bit sceptical about football clubs being bought by non-football brands for promotional purposes.

But surely it's just common sense to build a successful club if you want to use it to promote your brand? It's not going to do much for your image if you are hovering between mid-table and the relegation spots every season.

But surely it's just common sense to build a successful club if you want to use it to promote your brand? It's not going to do much for your image if you are hovering between mid-table and the relegation spots every season.

Probably depends how much it costs.