Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest Brazilianbob

apparently there's a  mega rich Chinese bloke coming to England this week looking to buy a  club I wonder .....

And you know that how?

Be careful what you wish for.  Ashley could indeed sell up to this chinese bloke (if he exists and is indeed looking to by an EPL club), but Fu Manchu might then do a Glazer family and stick us with the full purchase price as a club debt, to be reduced each year by the £60m tv money.  That means no transfer funds for the next 10 years pus top stars leaving in droves.  Better the devil you know.......

apparently there's a  mega rich Chinese bloke coming to England this week looking to buy a  club I wonder .....

And you know that how?

Be careful what you wish for.  Ashley could indeed sell up to this chinese bloke (if he exists and is indeed looking to by an EPL club), but Fu Manchu might then do a Glazer family and stick us with the full purchase price as a club debt, to be reduced each year by the £60m tv money.  That means no transfer funds for the next 10 years pus top stars leaving in droves.  Better the devil you know.......

Jesus how depressing.

The Chinese bloke is supposed to be looking ay buying Southampton for £175 million according to the Mirror, see here http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/southampton-takeover-chinese-billionaire-wang-3036588 .

I know you would expect me to say this, but I don't see why any other random owner is necessarily better than Ashely. Fo real, look at the bloke changing the shirts at Cardiff or the name of Hull. And they aren't going to spend their way to the title either.

I know you would expect me to say this, but I don't see why any other random owner is necessarily better than Ashely. Fo real, look at the bloke changing the shirts at Cardiff or the name of Hull. And they aren't going to spend their way to the title either.

Sooo unexpected ;)

Sooo unexpected ;)

I did say that TBF!

At least we could have a bit of optimism that we'll try to challenge for something instead of going through the motions of staying in the division and nothing else, obviously that could turn to shit knowing our luck.

The Chinese bloke is supposed to be looking ay buying Southampton for £175 million according to the Mirror, see here http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/southampton-takeover-chinese-billionaire-wang-3036588 .

That will probably be just the Mirror adding 2+2 and getting 58.

The Southampton owners have recently said they aren't looking to sell.

You have to take into account where both these clubs were before their respective owners took over, and where they are now. Nobody is suggesting any old owner is better than Ashley, and he's done a few good things amongst a multitude of shit decisions, but to settle for an owner without any ambition other than to promote his tacky brand to a worldwide audience reeks of battered wife syndrom. I for one cannot wait until the fat cunt packs it in, and I would gladly take our chances when it comes to the next owner.

You have to take into account where both these clubs were before their respective owners took over, and where they are now. Nobody is suggesting any old owner is better than Ashley, and he's done a few good things amongst a multitude of s*** decisions, but to settle for an owner without any ambition other than to promote his tacky brand to a worldwide audience reeks of battered wife syndrom. I for one cannot wait until the fat c*** packs it in, and I would gladly take our chances when it comes to the next owner.

:thup:

There are some people on this forum who would have made great ambassadors in Vichy France.

"We can't compete with the German birth rate"

"the Vichy government isn't too bad, look at some of the other governments around the world"

"It's always been shit anyway, yeah there was the revolution and Napoleon but besides that it's been utter shit and we seem to be progressing now "

"careful what you wish for - if you rebel the Germans may punish us collectively and it will have been you're fault!"

suppose we have to hope for something like china, or maybe qatar ahead of the WC if it ever gets confirmed - some wealthy fuckers who have a reason to buy a club and invest to raise their profile around the world via exposure from the PL

to be honest, what other reason is there for anyone investing in the league?  in order to stay in the fucker you have to more or less spend every penny you earn (arguably more) so it's not like another ashley is gonna come along and invest for profit as there doesn't appear to be any unless your plan is arsenal-like to sign anelka's every year for 200k and sell for 20m after a couple of years

so yeah, china or something* pls, fuck off ashley

we'll probably get kim jong-un with dennis rodman as manager (JFK technical advisor)

At least we could have a bit of optimism that we'll try to challenge for something instead of going through the motions of staying in the division and nothing else, obviously that could turn to s*** knowing our luck.

....and is a comparison with Hull or Cardiff how we want to see our club...??

Guest Brazilianbob

We need an owner who can see the clubs a Goldmine and who's prepared to invest in order to find the motherload.

And you don't see a guaranteed income of a minimum £60m tv money each year just for staying in the EPL is not  capable of being a "motherload"?

I hate Ashley as much as anybody but would take him over any potential name/colour change 100 times out of 100 (although I wouldn't put it past him). Anyone who wouldn't has taken leave of their senses imo.

At least we could have a bit of optimism that we'll try to challenge for something instead of going through the motions of staying in the division and nothing else, obviously that could turn to s*** knowing our luck.

....and is a comparison with Hull or Cardiff how we want to see our club...??

They were just examples of where an owner has done something drastic which most people opposed. And where they still have a glass ceiling on their acheivement.

I hate Ashley as much as anybody but would take him over any potential name/colour change 100 times out of 100 (although I wouldn't put it past him). Anyone who wouldn't has taken leave of their senses imo.

There 's nothing to suggest he won't change ou strip or name if he feels so inclined to showcase the potential. He has previous too.

There 's nothing to suggest he won't change ou strip or name if he feels so inclined to showcase the potential. He has previous too.

Not ruling it out obviously, but you have to think he would have done it already.