Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Interesting to see how many turn up next season if/when we have another s*** transfer window.

About 52,000 I'd guess.

Surely the attendances will take a hit of some sort. So many stories of long-timers jacking it in.

Interesting to see how many turn up next season if/when we have another s*** transfer window.

About 52,000 I'd guess.

Surely the attendances will take a hit of some sort. So many stories of long-timers jacking it in.

FTM

I was shocked to hear how many from work have packed in after this season.  People who have been going for decades have said enough is enough.  So far 12 out of 12 that I have spoken to have season tickets but not after the Cardiff game.  I don't remember knowing so many who have packed in during such a short period of time and I hope it's typical of our season ticket holders.

Even if say 4 or 5 thousand season ticket holders jacked it in, they'll be easily replaced by the offer of a good deal through a fairly standard advertising campaign.

And say the attendances did drop to around 45-odd thousand, nobody is really going to bat an eyelid about it in reality

Ashley will most certainly bat an eyelid.  Season ticket revenue is guaranteed income for the club.  You lose a big chunk of that and even if it's replaced by single ticket purchases he has a problem.  While a season ticket is cheaper per game than single tickets it's also not dependent on team performance or supporter sentiment towards the club and regime. 

You lose 10k season tickets then you have to convince 10k people to actively go out and buy a ticket to replace them and the only ways he can do that are to get some decent performances on the pitch (:lol:) or drop prices, losing money.

There's a massive difference in terms of resistance to the regime also.  If someone were to organise a boycoutt it's much easier to convince people not to spend money and attend than to convince them not to take advantage of something they've already paid for.

Even 5k season tickets down would make Ashley sit up and take notice.

Ashley will most certainly bat an eyelid.  Season ticket revenue is guaranteed income for the club.  You lose a big chunk of that and even if it's replaced by single ticket purchases he has a problem.  While a season ticket is cheaper per game than single tickets it's also not dependent on team performance or supporter sentiment towards the club and regime. 

You lose 10k season tickets then you have to convince 10k people to actively go out and buy a ticket to replace them and the only ways he can do that are to get some decent performances on the pitch (:lol:) or drop prices, losing money.

There's a massive difference in terms of resistance to the regime also.  If someone were to organise a boycoutt it's much easier to convince people not to spend money and attend than to convince them not to take advantage of something they've already paid for.

Even 5k season tickets down would make Ashley sit up and take notice.

The Family Enclosure will just expand again to take up the slack.

I personally hope no one renews and we drop out of the division again forcing the cunt out completely this time. No support in the championship and he's got no income at all.

if he’s not going to go gracefully, or at all, i’d like to think he’d end up losing all of the money he ploughed into us somehow like

The Family Enclosure will just expand again to take up the slack.

The family enclosure can only get so big before no more extra families want to go, I would guess we've virtually saturated that one.

Even if say 4 or 5 thousand season ticket holders jacked it in, they'll be easily replaced by the offer of a good deal through a fairly standard advertising campaign.

And say the attendances did drop to around 45-odd thousand, nobody is really going to bat an eyelid about it in reality

WRONG - TOTALLY.

For some reason I still can't work out, Newcastle fans don't do protests anymore

Nothing else important in their lives as a hobby and brow-beaten by decline of NE as an industrial area with many young people leaving for jobs elsewhere. It has become an attitude of mind to accept second best.

About 52,000 I'd guess.

He will give away tickets if he has to.

He stands to gain more revenue if we are successful or even show a bit of ambition for sponsors to want to associate with us yet he isn't doing that. Any fall from gate receipts and we are realistically looking at the same bargain approach to tickets that has served SD so well. If push comes to shove, he'll just do a Mackems and give away free tickets. In hindsight, the increase in tv money was one of the worst thing to happen to us as it absorbs any fan impact further.

Thing is, his free-advertising won't look very good inside St James with only 35-40000 there for a PL game. He WILL take notice of a big drop in s/t sales and I believe it will happen. Although the club will try to make out that it's no big deal.

I do think we are starting to exhaust the number of people who are prepared to buy tickets on a match to match basis especially if the drop in season tickets is significant.  If the team are not performing those people won't be bothered about buying tickets unless it is to see quality opposition.

This c*** will just not spend in the summer again and then point to the shortfall in the season ticket income as a reason why.

Some will swallow it miraculously.

He's holding the club by its balls basically. Nothing we can do apart from drive him out with a hostile smear campaign. Nothing about his personal life or whatever. Just a constant barrage of criticism and messages to let him know he's not wanted for the way he's running the club.

This c*** will just not spend in the summer again and then point to the shortfall in the season ticket income as a reason why.

Some will swallow it miraculously.

He's holding the club by its balls basically. Nothing we can do apart from drive him out with a hostile smear campaign. Nothing about his personal life or whatever. Just a constant barrage of criticism and messages to let him know he's not wanted for the way he's running the club.

You still need someone on the other side of the equation to buy us though.

I'd imagine if there are folk out there willing to buy Aston Villa for £250million, then there will be takers for NUFC for a similar price. I believe Ashley doesn't want to sell though - at the moment.

Doesn't want to sell for less than a tidy profit (IE unrealistic price) more like.

I'd imagine if there are folk out there willing to buy Aston Villa for £250million, then there will be takers for NUFC for a similar price. I believe Ashley doesn't want to sell though - at the moment.

Doesn't want to sell for less than a tidy profit (IE unrealistic price) more like.

Quite possibly. However, he will never get that due to his ambitions for us. Which makes me believe that he wants his £120million loan back and paid off, before he will sell. I think he will take back a huge chunk this year. We'll see when the accounts are due next year, because as things stand - NUFC are due to post a profit of around £40million!

Yup i want us relegated with sub 30k crowds to get rid of this cunt.

Therefore i want Pardew as manager next season to make sure we go down :thup:

Like an emo girl who goes from cutting herself to throwing herself off bridges.

Yup i want us relegated with sub 30k crowds to get rid of this cunt.

I see the logic, but I think getting rid of Ashley hinges on a motivated buyer rather than a demotivated seller. IMO.

Yup i want us relegated with sub 30k crowds to get rid of this c***.

I see the logic, but I think getting rid of Ashley hinges on a motivated buyer rather than a demotivated seller. IMO.

Why would he sell while we're in the PL? I genuinely believe that he'll own us for another 20 years if he wants to