Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Ashley is the root of the cancer: Pardew is irrelevant in comparison.

So long as 50,000 + turn up every week though, nothing will change.

Sad to say it but many fans are as weak as f**k. Cant even get a protest together and stay away.

Getting to be a pet hate of mine, this. Everyone agrees that Ashley is the overarching problem, but that doesn't alter the fact that it's infinitely easier to bring about a managerial change than depose a billionaire owner. Pardew is rubbish and doesn't get a free ride just because his boss is a c***.

Amen!

Sad to say it but many fans are as weak as f**k. Cant even get a protest together and stay away.

Getting to be a pet hate of mine, this. Everyone agrees that Ashley is the overarching problem, but that doesn't alter the fact that it's infinitely easier to bring about a managerial change than depose a billionaire owner. Pardew is rubbish and doesn't get a free ride just because his boss is a cunt.

:thup:

Said it myself so many times, but it can always do with being said again.

Getting to be a pet hate of mine, this. Everyone agrees that Ashley is the overarching problem, but that doesn't alter the fact that it's infinitely easier to bring about a managerial change than depose a billionaire owner. Pardew is rubbish and doesn't get a free ride just because his boss is a cunt.

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/363/3632305/2354224-8963422993-KEMvs.gif

Ít's not really. Nothing there we didn't already now,

Clearly there are plenty who don't get it though dude, so the more it gets written about and/or broadcast the better imho.

To be honest I think the vast majority of fans have cottoned onto the idea by that we have no football related ambition under Mike Ashley.

And yet the fans ostensibly seem to be happy enough to put up with it. Perhaps they need more 'football people' telling them what they already know.

while true its simply papering over the cracks, whenever Pardew goes the next guy will be much the same and end up in much the same situation so long as the manager has no say in the slightest over who comes in and goes out and the criminal under-investment.

while true its simply papering over the cracks, whenever Pardew goes the next guy will be much the same and end up in much the same situation so long as the manager has no say in the slightest over who comes in and goes out and the criminal under-investment.

Do you think we've signed poor players and do you think they've been used correctly?

Aye fair point that's never been made before, let's keep the bloke who has a fetish for being thrashed 3-4 nil.

Ít's not really. Nothing there we didn't already now,

Clearly there are plenty who don't get it though dude, so the more it gets written about and/or broadcast the better imho.

To be honest I think the vast majority of fans have cottoned onto the idea by that we have no football related ambition under Mike Ashley.

And yet the fans ostensibly seem to be happy enough to put up with it. Perhaps they need more 'football people' telling them what they already know.

To what end though? No amount of protesting will get rid of Ashley. A mass boycott could work in theory, but in practice you will never get enough people to give up their seat (especially as Ashley will lower ticket prices accordingly to keep bums in seats), and even if so, it wouldn't lead to us finding another owner, because it would make us less attractive, not more. To my mind there are only two ways to get rid of Ashley:

a) some billionaire pays him what he wants or

b) owning the club hurst his primary interest(s), i.e. his own wellbeing or the fortunes of Sports Direct

Scenario a) is obviously out of our hands, and quite unlikely. Scenario b) could lower the asking price and open the option of local (or even fan) ownership, but besides from (the threath of) physical abuse I can't see why he would want to walk away from what has now become a nice money making machine.

Our best bet, as much as I hate to be dependent on it, is that it becomes in his best interest to actually make the club successful, for example by increased exposure for Sports Direct in certain parts of the world through competing at the top end of the table or in continental competitions (CL mainly).

I'm all for trying to get rid of Pardew by the way, and by the looks of things more importantly, so are the players, but I have absolutely no confidence in Ashley to bring in a better manager and backing him to a sufficient degree. In a year's time we could be sitting here in the exact same situation, desperately wanting the next c*** to be sacked. In that sence I agree with NJM: in all likelihood nothing will really change whether Pardew gets the sack or not until Ashley sells up or regains an interest in furthering our cause to further his own.

Do you think we've signed poor players and do you think they've been used correctly?

I do think we've bought some very average players with the very occasional gem like Cabaye who made the rest look better than they were. And the main problem is none of the players were bought with any kind of philosophy in mind at all, they weren't bought because it was what the squad needed  or even considered if they even fit in the team or league in the slightest just they're cheap they'll do so it can't be a surprise none fit together. Plus they're they most spineless heartless bunch of players I've ever seen I wouldn't be sorry to see the whole lot of them sold tomorrow for a bag of magic beans.

I'll take my chances on getting Pardew out and seeing where it goes. Hutchison was writing about the poor job Pardew has done as well as Ashley and it was that I was personally referring to.

Who knows, perhaps a manager telling Ashley and the public he can get a team to compete in more than 1 game in 7 days, that Europe is good for the club and value of the players, that fans love to see goals and attacking football etc will change some opinions? It's a long shot, but it's a better shot than Pardew pissing all over everyone's cornflakes at every turn surely?

You're bang on for the most part about Ashley though, I agree.

I do think we've bought some very average players with the very occasional gem like Cabaye who made the rest look better than they were. And the main problem is none of the players were bought with any kind of philosophy in mind at all, they weren't bought because it was what the squad needed  or even considered if they even fit in the team or league in the slightest just they're cheap they'll do so it can't be a surprise none fit together. Plus they're they most spineless heartless bunch of players I've ever seen I wouldn't be sorry to see the whole lot of them sold tomorrow for a bag of magic beans.

Who's job is it to instill a philosophy at the club?  We don't have one and haven't had one for 3 years.

Of course the pieces don't fit together when they're used in the most retarded fashion possible.  Normal teams buy a central midfielder to play in central midfield, not right wing back.  Normal teams buy a striker to play up front, not left midfield.  Normal teams don't have a drinking game depending on how many left backs the retard in charge manages to get onto the pitch.

Who's job is it to instill a philosophy at the club?  We don't have one and haven't had one for 3 years.

Of course the pieces don't fit together when they're used in the most retarded fashion possible.  Normal teams buy a central midfielder to play in central midfield, not right wing back.  Normal teams buy a striker to play up front, not left midfield.  Normal teams don't have a drinking game depending on how many left backs the retard in charge manages to get onto the pitch.

principally the boards, they're the ones who decide who the manager and should be decided on the basis of what kind of football they want, here however we have Pardew who is more traditional english manager and then the board through the chief scout just randomly bringing in players of varying ability and style who don't really fit together (when they even bother to) cheerfully ignoring what kind of players he wants and surprise surprise it doesn't fucking work.

Krul

Debuchy  MYM      Colo    Santon

Tiote

Anita          Sissoko

HBA                                        Marveaux / Gouff / Sammy

Cisse

Our players don't fit together?  Maybe if they were played in the correct positions they would ;)  I disagree on the board setting the football philiosophy for the club aswell.  It comes from the manager and ideally should permeate through every level down to the lowest youth team.

I'll take my chances on getting Pardew out and seeing where it goes. Hutchison was writing about the poor job Pardew has done as well as Ashley and it was that I was personally referring to.

Who knows, perhaps a manager telling Ashley and the public he can get a team to compete in more than 1 game in 7 days, that Europe is good for the club and value of the players, that fans love to see goals and attacking football etc will change some opinions? It's a long shot, but it's a better shot than Pardew pissing all over everyone's cornflakes at every turn surely?

I agree. Especially since the turn of the year Pardew has obviously not been good enough, and interestingly for the three years he's now been here 50% has seen top 6 form or thereabouts with the odd sighting of decent football (2011/12 and the first half of this season), and the other 50% has been relegation form or thereabouts (2012/13 and second half of this season). Normally you would expect Pardew to be able to keep us up (Ashley's "ambition"), but for the first time it looks like he's clearly lost the dressing room and the players are playing to get him the sack. That could force Ashley's hand, although I personally expect (not hope) he will gve Pardew the first few months of next season to see if the slump continues or not.

I also agree that it would be fantastic if the next manager could convince Ashley to get behind his approach and loosen the purse strings, but considering what happened to Keegan (and to a lesser extent Shearer) I'm under no illusion as to what would happen when a manager with the club's interest at heart challenges him on what he aspires Newcastle United to be. Add to that Ashley's track record for appointing managers, and next season could well be another shitfest with probable boardroom turmoil and a potential full blown implosion (relegation) regardless of whether he keeps Pardew on over the summer or not.

Krul

Tiote

Anita          Sissoko

Cisse

Our players don't fit together?  Maybe if they were played in the correct positions they would ;)  I disagree on the board setting the football philiosophy for the club aswell.  It comes from the manager and ideally should permeate through every level down to the lowest youth team.

mangers are too transient to reliably instill a footballing philosophy especially these days for me it has to come from the board. I'd take Swansea as an example of it working more or less right, they base their appointments on guys who fit into how they want things done and explain how they want things done and for the most part its served them well. Sure you get strange occurrences like Wenger who can completely change a teams philosophy but thats ridiculously rare.

Also without going too much into whats wrong with that lineup (plenty) i'll stick to the main points MYM/Colo don't work together and that central midfield is lacking anyone with an ounce of creativity.

Krul

Tiote

Anita          Sissoko

Cisse

mangers are too transient to reliably instill a footballing philosophy especially these days for me it has to come from the board. I'd take Swansea as an example of it working more or less right, they base their appointments on guys who fit into how they want things done and explain how they want things done and for the most part its served them well. Sure you get strange occurrences like Wenger who can completely change a teams philosophy but thats ridiculously rare.

Also without going too much into whats wrong with that lineup (plenty) i'll stick to the main points MYM/Colo don't work together and that central midfield is lacking anyone with an ounce of creativity.

:lol: I'll just agree to disagree

I agree. Especially since the turn of the year Pardew has obviously not been good enough, and interestingly for the three years he's now been here 50% has seen top 6 form or thereabouts with the odd sighting of decent football (2011/12 and the first half of this season), and the other 50% has been relegation form or thereabouts (2012/13 and second half of this season). Normally you would expect Pardew to be able to keep us up (Ashley's "ambition"), but for the first time it looks like he's clearly lost the dressing room and the players are playing to get him the sack. That could force Ashley's hand, although I personally expect (not hope) he will gve Pardew the first few months of next season to see if the slump continues or not.

I also agree that it would be fantastic if the next manager could convince Ashley to get behind his approach and loosen the purse strings, but considering what happened to Keegan (and to a lesser extent Shearer) I'm under no illusion as to what would happen when a manager with the club's interest at heart challenges him on what he aspires Newcastle United to be. Add to that Ashley's track record for appointing managers, and next season could well be another shitfest with probable boardroom turmoil and a potential full blown implosion (relegation) regardless of whether he keeps Pardew on over the summer or not.

While I agree with what you're saying I can't bring myself to simultaneously want Pardew gone for all of the reasons we're well aware of and then be so bleak in my outlook that I've already judged what will happen next. I personally have to believe that by luck or intent something is going to change for the better, otherwise what's the point in wanting the change?

Managers can develop good football that people want to see without billions of pounds so I see no predetermined conflict of interest. Hopefully any potential real manager might get the chance to remind Ashley that being attractive on the pitch gets you more airtime and fans of other clubs watching you...

Once he actually appoints Ron Atkinson then I'll start looking up the Samaritans number.

While I agree with what you're saying I can't bring myself to simultaneously want Pardew gone for all of the reasons we're well aware of and then be so bleak in my outlook that I've already judged what will happen next. I personally have to believe that by luck or intent something is going to change for the better, otherwise what's the point in wanting the change?

Managers can develop good football that people want to see without billions of pounds so I see no predetermined conflict of interest. Hopefully any potential real manager might get the chance to remind Ashley that being attractive on the pitch gets you more airtime and fans of other clubs watching you...

Once he actually appoints Ron Atkinson then I'll start looking up the Samaritans number.

We're looking for an English manager who Ashley personally knows from his pub or casino visits, who wants to play an attractive, attacking type of football, who is willing to be a yes man with no say in transfers (incoming or mid-season sale of best player), who can work on a shoestring (negative transfer budget), who is willing to defend whatever idiocy Ashley & co conjure up and finally who wouldn't cost compensation and who is willing to work on a pittance (in relative terms for a Premiership manager). Sounds good if such a man exists!