Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

There are people I know who have been disillusioned but have continued to go to games because they thought their kids still wanted to go.    However, their kids are now saying they are bored and don't want to go to games any more so the parents are relieved to be cancelling season tickets.

I wonder how extensive this is?  And I am starting to wonder, in what would be the most damning indictment of Ashley's tenure, if in 5 years time all the kids will be wesring the shirts of the top 4 teams rather than Newcastle.  It is starting to happen but often once you got them to a game they switched to Newcastle.  If they end up not going to games that will no longer happen.

Spot on that, like. Ashley is the problem, if he was bothered, we wouldn't have even got Pardew in the first place. That was the perfect time to upgrade but he didn't and he won't upgrade this time either if he eventually does decide to sack Pardew, but i can't even see that happening.

Ít's not really. Nothing there we didn't already now, and quite why Ashley would bre prepared to sell up (to who anyway?) because the fans are disillusioned with a lack of ambition is anyone's guess. Fact is Ashley gets to broadcast Shit Direct to a worldwide audience every week and the club is making him a very tidy profit nowadays. He's here to stay until someone offers him huge money to take the club off his hands or it's no longer in his interest to keep us on.

Guest chopey

I was talking to a bloke at work this morning, he attended his first game in five years on Saturday against Swansea and he says he will never go back because the atmosphere was horrific with the soul ripped out of the club.

I just hope its not to late to save the Newcastle we used to all know and love because the longer these guys stay the more the old Newcastle will die

Good article from Don Hutchison which sums up the problem well.

He is missing the point though in telling Ashley his time is up and he should sell.  We are exactly what Ashley wants from the club.  His philosophy is that cheap is good, mediocrity is the end game because it costs nothing and provides the advertising vehicle for his brand.

If you go into his stores, they look like charity shops, cheap and mediocre pandering to a consumer that wants cheap and mediocre.  That is undeniable as the profits show so why would he change that? 

Ambition means outlay and risk and he minimises risk at every turn.  Buy a club who haven't won anything for decades but turn up in 10s of thousands and have a high media profile - small risk.  Employ a manager who is at best mediore, will do as he is told and is just thankful to be in a premiership job - no risk.  Minimal outlay to keep the club mid table but with enough profile to globally advertise his brand - no risk.

He won't sell because this is where he wants to be

Didn't realise Hutchinson was a Toon supporter, especially considering he celebrated like a right twat in front our fans when we once lost 3-0 to WH.

(Yeah yeah Tooj, I know Alan Shearer used to do it, too.)

Good article from Don Hutchison which sums up the problem well.

He is missing the point though in telling Ashley his time is up and he should sell.  We are exactly what Ashley wants from the club.  His philosophy is that cheap is good, mediocrity is the end game because it costs nothing and provides the advertising vehicle for his brand.

If you go into his stores, they look like charity shops, cheap and mediocre pandering to a consumer that wants cheap and mediocre.  That is undeniable as the profits show so why would he change that? 

Ambition means outlay and risk and he minimises risk at every turn.  Buy a club who haven't won anything for decades but turn up in 10s of thousands and have a high media profile - small risk.  Employ a manager who is at best mediore, will do as he is told and is just thankful to be in a premiership job - no risk.  Minimal outlay to keep the club mid table but with enough profile to globally advertise his brand - no risk.

He won't sell because this is where he wants to be

:thup:

Ashley is the root of the cancer: Pardew is irrelevant in comparison.

So long as 50,000 + turn up every week though, nothing will change.

Sad to say it but many fans are as weak as f**k. Cant even get a protest together and stay away.

Ashley is the root of the cancer: Pardew is irrelevant in comparison.

So long as 50,000 + turn up every week though, nothing will change.

Sad to say it but many fans are as weak as f**k. Cant even get a protest together and stay away.

Getting to be a pet hate of mine, this. Everyone agrees that Ashley is the overarching problem, but that doesn't alter the fact that it's infinitely easier to bring about a managerial change than depose a billionaire owner. Pardew is rubbish and doesn't get a free ride just because his boss is a cunt.

Ít's not really. Nothing there we didn't already now,

Clearly there are plenty who don't get it though dude, so the more it gets written about and/or broadcast the better imho.

To be honest I think the vast majority of fans have cottoned onto the idea by that we have no football related ambition under Mike Ashley.