Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

You can be a puppet to Ashley and still play attractive football.

In theory yes. In practice, good luck finding a good, positive manager who will put up with the shit Ashley serves them, starting with ridiculously low (in relative terms for Premiership managers) financial terms.

Guest thenorthumbrian

You can be a puppet to Ashley and still play attractive football.

In theory yes. In practice, good luck finding a good, positive manager who will put up with the s*** Ashley serves them, starting with ridiculously low (in relative terms for Premiership managers) financial terms.

Pardew is willing to be Ashley's human shield. Any manager with a ounce of self respect would have walked. 

Yep.

My admiration for KK has quadrupled under Pardew's tenure. He saw the fraud that Ashley was in 8 months!

This is why I hated the attitude of some when Keegan walked, that "he should have swallowed his pride and stuck with it for the good of the club"

What, and become a spineless snivelling little shitbag like Alan Pardew, licking his boss's hoop in public and lying to the supporters at every opportunity?

The man has far too much about him to do that and every Newcastle fan should respect 100% his decision to walk. Not just respect it in fact, love it - how many people stand up to Mike Ashley and win? Ah he's fucking great, man.

Whilst I agree with the above - if every honourable manager leaves... where does that leave the club?  Either stuck with an Alan Pardew or no manager at all.

And to be honest, I am sure there is a middle ground that could be struck between walking out on the club and being Alan Pardew..

Whilst I agree with the above - if every honourable manager leaves... where does that leave the club?  Either stuck with an Alan Pardew or no manager at all.

And to be honest, I am sure there is a middle ground that could be struck between walking out on the club and being Alan Pardew..

There are plenty of managers who would fit the middle ground, but Keegan would never be one of them. Can you imagine him coming to Newcastle with the aim of finishing 10th? Ashley should never have conned him that we wanted to win stuff.

Yep.

My admiration for KK has quadrupled under Pardew's tenure. He saw the fraud that Ashley was in 8 months!

This is why I hated the attitude of some when Keegan walked, that "he should have swallowed his pride and stuck with it for the good of the club"

What, and become a spineless snivelling little shitbag like Alan Pardew, licking his boss's hoop in public and lying to the supporters at every opportunity?

The man has far too much about him to do that and every Newcastle fan should respect 100% his decision to walk. Not just respect it in fact, love it - how many people stand up to Mike Ashley and win? Ah he's fucking great, man.

I agree we should respect his decision, but wouldn't you rather have Keegan managing under Ashley's restrictions than Pardew? He wouldn't have his say in buying players, and his budget would be too small, but he could still create a team that was more than the sum of its parts and went out to play attractive football.

I think that's what people meant when they wanted him to stick around.

Yep.

I agree we should respect his decision, but wouldn't you rather have Keegan managing under Ashley's restrictions than Pardew? He wouldn't have his say in buying players, and his budget would be too small, but he could still create a team that was more than the sum of its parts and went out to play attractive football.

To even suggest that Keegan could work for Ashley shows that you have no appreciation of Keegan, the man, at all.

Yep.

To even suggest that Keegan could work for Ashley shows that you have no appreciation of Keegan, the man, at all.

Yep.

There are plenty of managers who would fit the middle ground, but Keegan would never be one of them. Can you imagine him coming to Newcastle with the aim of finishing 10th? Ashley should never have conned him that we wanted to win stuff.

Actually, there was every indication when he first arrived that he wanted us to do well. He invested in players, watched the matches with the fans etc. The turning point was the death threats and him believing he couldn't attend matches with his family any more, and ever since then he's done his damndest to spite the people of Newcastle for it.

Yep.

Yep.

Wow, you've reached new levels of condescension there, well done.

Imagine if we had an ambitous owner with the club at heart, we might even try to go in for him!

'Spurs have let Ajax know they would eventually talk to me when the season’s finished.

‘After the last league game (against NEC on Saturday) I’ll think about it,’ said De Boer.

‘I’ll talk to them and listen to what they have to say. I would like to add something to a club like Brendan Rodgers did at Liverpool.

‘I see a perspective at Tottenham Hotspur, just as Liverpool and Newcastle United sometimes are, they are sleeping giants.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2616324/Frank-Boer-talk-Tottenham-end-Ajaxs-season-sleeping-giants-Spurs-make-approach-club.html#ixzz30LosdRiy

Guest thenorthumbrian

Actually, there was every indication when he first arrived that he wanted us to do well. He invested in players, watched the matches with the fans etc. The turning point was the death threats and him believing he couldn't attend matches with his family any more, and ever since then he's done his damndest to spite the people of Newcastle for it.

Northumbria police at the time confirmed that they were never contacted regarding death threats or threats of any kind to Ashles's family. And Ashley has been seen (admitedly rarely) at St James' Park since.

It might surprise you that Ashley may not have been totally honest regarding these threats.

As an independent employment tribunal confirmed Ashley is a proven liar. 

Northumbria police at the time confirmed that they were never contacted regarding death threats or threats of any kind to Ashles's family. And Ashley has been seen (admitedly rarely) at St James' Park since.

It might surprise you that Ashley may not have been totally honest regarding these threats.

As an independent employment tribunal confirmed Ashley is a proven liar. 

If you've read up on my previous posts you'll know I repeat the tribunal findings more than most on this forum. If he had lied about said threats, so be it. Could have been the Keegan fallout and the tarnishing of his reputation that's done it. I think we can both agree since that period - for whichever reason - he's taking it on the people of Newcastle.

The death threats happened because he sold Keegan down the river. I'm not one of those who think Keegan should have been given a blank chequebook, I understand that a club has to be self-funding in the long run. But bringing Keegan in as manager with the dream to become the club we were previously when that was never the intention was dishonest. If Keegan had been told come here as manager to finish 10th, do you think he would have been interested?

The death threats happened because he sold Keegan down the river. I'm not one of those who think Keegan should have been given a blank chequebook, I understand that a club has to be self-funding in the long run. But bringing Keegan in as manager with the dream to become the club we were previously when that was never the intention was dishonest. If Keegan had been told come here as manager to finish 10th, do you think he would have been interested?

Of course not. A liar and a scumbag he may be, but a total idiot Ashley isn't. He said he would be putting in £20m a year into the club from his own funds, in addition to whatever other revenue the club made. It would have gone sour pretty quickly with Keegan if said £20m didn't materialize at the end of that first season before the tribunal. I've made sure to keep myself abreast of pretty much all the Ashley quotes and dealings since he's come to the club, and I can distinctly remember that those first 4-5 months post-Allardyce that we were all firmly behind Ashley, he was investing in players (Coloccini, Smith (ugh) and the rest).

How he signed some of the players and the people that he got in were clearly complete mistakes. It speaks volumes that he didn't source the players himself like some other sugar-daddy owners, but employed what he thought were football people to bring in players. He seemed, to me, to want the club to do well. Ever since the beginning of the next season with the Keegan unrest and the threats (real or otherwise), is when there has been a complete u-turn in club policy and direction - not a penny more into the club, invisible to the fans.

I am 100% against Ashley now, and have been since the tribunal. But go back to the SJH quotes on the sales of his shares, Ashley's representatives told him that he wanted to advertise SD in Asia, and wanted to use NUFC to do it. Back then, it seemed perhaps through Euro qualification, Champs League etc. But now he's gone the other way, and has turned us into one of his SD stores.

Of course not. A liar and a scumbag he may be, but a total idiot Ashley isn't. He said he would be putting in £20m a year into the club from his own funds, in addition to whatever other revenue the club made. It would have gone sour pretty quickly with Keegan if said £20m didn't materialize at the end of that first season before the tribunal. I've made sure to keep myself abreast of pretty much all the Ashley quotes and dealings since he's come to the club, and I can distinctly remember that those first 4-5 months post-Allardyce that we were all firmly behind Ashley, he was investing in players (Coloccini, Smith (ugh) and the rest).

How he signed some of the players and the people that he got in were clearly complete mistakes. It speaks volumes that he didn't source the players himself like some other sugar-daddy owners, but employed what he thought were football people to bring in players. He seemed, to me, to want the club to do well. Ever since the beginning of the next season with the Keegan unrest and the threats (real or otherwise), is when there has been a complete u-turn in club policy and direction - not a penny more into the club, invisible to the fans.

I am 100% against Ashley now, and have been since the tribunal. But go back to the SJH quotes on the sales of his shares, Ashley's representatives told him that he wanted to advertise SD in Asia, and wanted to use NUFC to do it. Back then, it seemed perhaps through Euro qualification, Champs League etc. But now he's gone the other way, and has turned us into one of his SD stores.

agree with this tbh

He definitely seemed like a pretty good owner when he first arrived. Obviously we didn't know he was incompetent and uncaring then. I still don't really believe he does anything to spite the fans per se, but then again he doesn't seem to care about keeping us happy.

Guest firetotheworks

I've never hated a man more in my life. Simple as that. Ruining our football club.

I know I'm not a big fan of Ian myself, but that's some heel turn like.

I've never hated a man more in my life. Simple as that. Ruining our football club.

I know I'm not a big fan of Ian myself, but that's some heel turn like.

:lol:

I haven't seen many Ian posts lately tbh, not sure what his view has been over this recent run. Whatever his thoughts are though, i'll understand :love: