Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/no-bonuses-at-newcastle-for-all-staff-unless-alan-pardews-team-finishes-in-top-10-9802985.html

The Premier League’s joint bottom club Newcastle United must finish in the top 10 if the staff are to receive a bonus payment that has replaced their pension.

The bonus plan was brought in last year to replace an existing pension and private health scheme. The Independent has learned that the first-team squad came to a fresh agreement in the summer that a top-10 finish would have to be obtained for the bonus to be paid out to all staff, from admin assistants to the board.

Newcastle, who face Leicester City at St James’ Park, have not won in the league this season and currently occupy 18th place, level on points with both the teams below them.

They have won just one of their last 15 league games and their average finishing position in the top flight since billionaire owner Mike Ashley took over in 2007 is 12th.

Ashley has also taken away complimentary tickets for games from the backroom staff, including for Alan Pardew and senior coaches.

Pardew’s position as manager remains in doubt following a disastrous run that has seen the club win just five league games in 2014. He has endured a concerted campaign from supporters to have him removed.

He faces another testing afternoon against promoted Leicester. Newcastle spent more than £36m on new players in the summer but Pardew dropped Rémy Cabella and Emmanuel Rivière for their draw at Swansea City two weeks ago and looks set to leave the pair on the bench for today’s game, which Ashley is expected to attend.

Simply awful.

Why would anyone want to work for that?

Ashley is killing this club as a memeber of the community.

Guest antz1uk

our club legends know fuck all, about the same as the majority of the apathetic fans, they know nothing about the general running of the club, or the players we have currently on the books, all they know is what they hear/read or when they turn up on matchday and hear the team being read out, unfortunately most of our fans are completely uneducated when it comes to football matters and think being 'loyal' just means turning up on a saturday afternoon

If pensions are depending on Alan Pardew steering the team to a top 10 spot then I'm surprised that the tea lady hasn't poisoned him yet.

Its not a pension, its a bonus.  The pension were removed going off what that article said.  In this day and age when people need money this fucking vulture flies in and picks the fucking bones dry.  All that fucking TV money that has vanished and he wont even give a few hundered employees (who are most likely on low wages) a pension.  What a cunt of a man.  I mean, how can anyone say he has turned NUFC around.

I will dance the jig when this awful human being dies.

Listening to club legend John Anderson on the radio is painful, he literally just turns up and spouts the same old crap, no research, no background into the opponents, no tactical ideas on how we can beat the opponents, just him talking to Mick Lowes blaming the fans for having to many expectations.

If pensions are depending on Alan Pardew steering the team to a top 10 spot then I'm surprised that the tea lady hasn't poisoned him yet.

Its not a pension, its a bonus.  The pension were removed going off what that article said.  In this day and age when people need money this f***ing vulture flies in and picks the f***ing bones dry.  All that f***ing TV money that has vanished and he wont even give a few hundered employees (who are most likely on low wages) a pension.  What a c*** of a man.  I mean, how can anyone say he has turned NUFC around.

I will dance the jig when this awful human being dies.

And he can guarantee not paying it if he wishes by underinvesting in the squad so that they are unlikely to be top 10.

Seems very unfair for it to be dependent on the first team - most of whom couldn't give a toss about the club and are only looking to further their own career.

Listening to club legend John Anderson on the radio is painful, he literally just turns up and spouts the same old crap, no research, no background into the opponents, no tactical ideas on how we can beat the opponents, just him talking to Mick Lowes blaming the fans for having to many expectations.

FYP

Iain Macintosh @iainmacintosh  ·  31m 31 minutes ago

Newcastle are no longer offering food in the press lounge. Just soup. It’s like that is it? Well, if Mike Ashley wanted a war, he's got one.

Pretty much only thing that I like from Ashley is his treatment of the press. They've let him get away with murder and defended pardew, I like  to see them get the piss took out of them

it's not some principle he has though, if it was i'd be all for it, he's acting like a spoilt child over things he doesn't like and is too cheap now to pay for their food apparently but it's not specifically press related

agree mind that the press in the country should be get the worst fucking treatment imaginable, they're shitehawks of the highest order

Guest thenorthumbrian

Iain Macintosh @iainmacintosh  ·  31m 31 minutes ago

Newcastle are no longer offering food in the press lounge. Just soup. It’s like that is it? Well, if Mike Ashley wanted a war, he's got one.

I know that comment is meant to be tongue in cheek but if the press had any boll@cks at all they would have boycotted the club the day that local journalists were banned.

Do they believe in the freedom or the press or not.

Yeah. The treatment of the press is symptomatic of his need to dominate and control every aspect of everything connected to his assets.

Aye. It should be a losing battle when it involves a 'collective being' though.

You can do what you like when your punters are popping in for a pair of Sondico shinpads but when you've got responsibility for the heartbeat of a region you should be held to greater account than he is.

Money buys a lot of things but it shouldn't be impunity of a collective. That should be the only thing we've got, we should hold him to greater account and we should be far more vocal about it.

He gets an easy ride considering how much we could fuck up his control mojo. 

Yeah. The treatment of the press is symptomatic of his need to dominate and control every aspect of everything connected to his assets.

Aye. It should be a losing battle when it involves a 'collective being' though.

You can do what you like when your punters are popping in for a pair of Sondico shinpads but when you've got responsibility for the heartbeat of a region you should be held to greater account than he is.

Money buys a lot of things but it shouldn't be impunity of a collective. That should be the only thing we've got, we should hold him to greater account and we should be far more vocal about it.

He gets an easy ride considering how much we could f*** up his control mojo. 

And I'll continue to be vocal that the PL needs to hold owners accountable for the impact they have on the heartbeat of a region, the actions of a club, and the way they go about things.