Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest ThievingMagpie

Love Keegan but you have to take the good with the bad, the man is a great master motivator but he has the stability of a 15 year old walking home from their first party. I think he made massive mistakes but he's turning it around. I can understand why he wanted to sell naming rights but the way he went about it through a really daft "proof of concept" show off with his own brand left most scratching their heads. The club has really maxed out matchday revenue and unless United somehow is able to expand the stadium by twenty thousand more seats the only way is through getting better kit and shirt sponsor deals as well as exploring new ways to maximum revenue. I'm still really apprehensive about him though what he's done is amazing but like if he just was willing to spend like 25% more for transfers I think I would have no complaints really, what he's done is phenomenal and long may he try to continue to balance our books through a sensible running of the ship who the hell knew that running a football club like an actual business would work.

Down with Keegan

we never did, we went up, twice ( once as captain) and finished 3rd, 6th, 2nd, 2nd.

Down with ashley- now theres a true story.

Keegan is stupid

ok, your argument has convinced me.

Down with Keegan

we never did, we went up, twice ( once as captain) and finished 3rd, 6th, 2nd, 2nd.

Down with ashley- now theres a true story.

Keegan is stupid

ok, your argument has convinced me.

:lol: FINALLY. I thought this subject needed a fresh approach, I'm glad it worked. Good times.

Guest ThievingMagpie

I don't think people are saying Keegan was terrible just saying he does have his fault.

Do you really think that meltdown was necessary? Ferguson absolutely rattled him. He threw his fucking toys out the pram because a player was brought in over his head instead of trying to work it out, he walked out. I love him man but he has his faults that's all I'm saying. Was he the right choice at the time, I believe he was but he also had his caveats and we just saw both the bad and good sides of Kevin Keegan during his second stint.

Guest sicko2ndbest

He'll sell any player to anyone who waves money in his face come the summer. Lets see if the Ashley love in holds after that.

For Carroll see Tiote

Another decision like that should see us top 4 no problem ;)

Which club has fans who sing positive songs about their club's owner? I can't think of any. The fact that NUFC fans haven't sung negative songs about Mike Ashley for a while now show that relations have thawed.  Personally I'm happy to stick with the 'devil' we know. He made a lot of mistakes in his first years of his ownership but, in the main, things are going really well now.

Wish people would piss off with the "Ashley will sell anyone"

He sold Andy Carroll for 35 million and took time to replace him, but with one of the best finishers in the world. Also got Colo to stay, which noone thought he would. I'm a fan.

Wish people would p*ss off with the "Ashley will sell anyone"

He sold Andy Carroll for 35 million and took time to replace him, but with one of the best finishers in the world. Also got Colo to stay, which noone thought he would. I'm a fan.

Double also, this summer transfer window will be the first one in which we are:

- in profit

- in Europe

So there's more of an impetus on him not to sell.